2D Artwork: RK's Sketch Dump

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by RobotKnight95, Sep 28, 2014.

1. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Hello, every-peoples. :p  I like to draw and here is one I made of the new Strongarm with a more 'Prime'-esque design. More art to arrive [insert time frame here].

Design Notes: Shoulders are based of FOC Swindle; Forearms from Universe Catapult; Legs from TFP Ironhide.

I gave her cannon a scope attachment and made her hold handcuffs cause 'why not'.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FrankTheFroggy

FrankTheFroggy Do you even lift?

Me likes. It's very detailed and believable.

3. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Thank you. :)  I'm mostly starting with fembots (Nightbird and Red Alert) but I do have plans for Roadbuster based off Breakdown or TFA Magnus.

4. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Took longer than I had hoped for the new sketch but here she is, Red Alert.

Now to talk about this piece, here's what to take note of:
    * I wanted to homage the Armada robot design with the hood-chest and thus added a bumper to the front of Bumblebee's hood.
    * Although not shown, the second pair of wheels are on Red Alert's backside and integrated into her medi-pak.
    * Concept-wise, her left hand is just the laser.
    * I tried my best to make her form appear female without reducing her mass. I'm unsure how well I succeeded.
    Red Alert.jpg
    While I mentioned drawing Nightbird and Roadbuster, I actually want to make an attempt at drawing Moonracer (who I heard is a helicopter), Firestar (based of Generations Kup), and Chromia (based off Generations Drift/Blurr). Would anyone care to see these?

• Like Like x 2
  5. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Not a sketch but its artwork. Big heads of Arcee and Strongarm. That is all.
    Heads.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    These are pretty good.

7. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Hey guys. Just a quick update. Just finished Slipstream. I'm about to start drawing a custom Trainbot (an OC). If anyone asks, I can offer information regarding the character and why she "exists". I put the word 'exist' in quotation because she's still just a fan character.
    Slipstream2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    lovely

9. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Another image for the day: Soundwave's head. I'm sort of working on Airachnid's but her design is giving me much unnecessary trouble.
    Soundwave.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Another head. This time, Windblade. I'm thinking of drawing Nautica next but I got Thunderblast and Airachnid still in line. Eh. I've never been one to follow a schedule, even my own.

If I had to critique my own work here, I think I could've done the "ears" better. Aside from that, everything's okay/par.

PS: Almost done with the female Trainbot. :D 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nice.

12. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    by RobotKnight95RK's Sketch Dump

Slogan: Streamline "Queen of the Rails"

Get ready for an information overload as I have a lot to say about this character's portrayal and the design.
    Streamline2.jpg
    Design:
    * The initial deciding point in vehicle mode was between an LNER/BR A4 Pacific and a Norfolk and Western J Class Northern locomotives. I chose the latter but later selected the streamlined NYC Baltic/Hudson express engine (although modified) when considering Streamline's overall size.
    * The front of the boiler takes cues from a fictional train from the anime Galaxy Railways. The engine in question is referred to as the Iron Berger.
    * The locations of parts for the engine were based on AOE Hound's transformation. The cowcatcher/snow plough becomes the shoulder armor. The front of the boiler becomes the chest. The cab becomes the feet. The pistons become part of the forearms but can be attached to the connecting rod staff/prod to become club weapons.
    * The head design takes elements from two separate Bionicle characters. The ear antennea is derived from Mistika Gali while the three head crests are taken from Takanuva.
    * The phrase Queen of the Rails is inspired by the phrase used for steam trains being once the kings of the rails before dieselization.

Character:
    * Streamline was intended to become part of a revamped version of the Trainbot/Bullet Train combiner team. The team was to originate from Velocitron and join in the civil war at Override’s side. Her personality was inspired by Tali Zorah from the Mass Effect franchise; she was a data tracker and engineer. She was replaced by another character.
    * The current Trainbot/Team Bullet Train roster follows as such.
    Railspike: Leader. Portrayal based from Car Robots/Robots in Disguise incarnation.
    Rapid Run: Scout. Portrayal based from Car Robots/Robots in Disguise incarnation.
    Injector: Medic. Seemingly insane when proposing limb replacement.
    Tankwell: Battering Ram. Large, powerful but wise yet not frequently outspoken.
    Zephyr: Scientist. Bright but easily distracted with any new discovery.
    Duplex/Streamline: Technician. Focused on any tasked, possibly obsessed.

Story:
    After declaration of a Civil War, Ransack utilizes his newly acquired Decepticon army (including one Devastator gestalt) to seize control of half the planet before confronting Override and driving her out of Delta City. Override relocates her militia to Spiral City and gets permission from Cross Cut and Road Rage to use the local foundry as a base of operations. Override raises awareness of Ransack’s army to the people and recruits new bots to her side. Including Tracks. Longrack. Wideload. Freeway, Rollbar, and Excellion.
    An Autobot shuttle under that command of Hot Rod/Rodimus (by technicality) arrives to aid Override. This results in obtaining flight and gestalt technology (leading to Rail Raider and Build King). The Autobots also assist in creating space transports for the civilians to escape the planet.
    Override looks in search for a means for her remaining people to escape their doomed world in the form of an elder named Brakedown. The ancient bot informs of the answer being held beneath Mount Stargaze. The answer comes in the form of a Red/Speed Matrix. Ransack captures Override in order to obtain the secrets of the Matrix and depart Velocitron. The Autobot leader is rescued after he obtains this information.
    Override leads her entire force onto the stolen Ogygia starship (via transwarp field) and battles Ransack for control of the starship. Override watches as the star of her home disappears from the void of space. After the struggle, the Ogygia begins to approach the colony world of Paradron.

Final Notes:
    The matrix Override obtains is not as powerful as the Matrix of Leadership but grants similar effects (upgraded form and abilities) to the user. When acquired, Override can manually engage a timewarp effect similar to Red Energon for a period of time. This Matrix was created from the other Velocitronian ancients to store wisdom and possesses a bright red glow instead of blue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Not much here. Just a somewhat old TFP Arcee sprite in accurate and G1 homage colors.

Also a glimpse at something I've been planning for some time. FOC Combaticons/Bruticus (with Ruination parts) repurposed into the Protectobots/Denfensor. It's not a perfect representation but self-satisfying.

Although I'm aware Hasbro plans for a Combiner Wars Defensor - the combined modes demonstrated have left me with a lackluster feeling. Not terrible but not impressive either.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Here's Cameo from Transformers Universe with a few design cues taken from Legends Arcee. I think these changes actually made her more unique in design in comparison to just being another female motorbike. I tried drawing a sniper rifle for her to hold but this didn't work out well. On a side note, I love the expression on her face. A sort of "I heard you were talking shit about me" look.

I also devised a fan-bio for her until a real one is made. Here's how it goes:
    It is often mistaken that Cameo is very shy when in reality she is simply not one for conversations. When she's on the battlefield, Cameo has no fear of being detected by her enemies. In fact, she prefers it. When she's about to eliminate a Decepticon she enjoys to see their shocked expressions - knowing they saw the femme who shot between their optics.

I also included one of my old Sonic drawings of a redesigned Blaze the cat. No reason, just thought I'd show it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Awesome...

16. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Just a quick drop off of a new piece of head work of a Prime version of Drag Strip. I tried making two versions for male and female but I'm unsure if the former passes on being described as masculine without the lipstick.
    There's a brief glance of where the same head but sketched. I can't show the entire image because it is not safe. ;) 
    Head.png Drag Strip Head.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Jesus Christ. I took me this long to make an actual new sketch? -_- Anyone else think her head size makes her borderline chibi?

Anyways, Twirl. I added the mini Twirl because that's my style plus I find it funny. There's a little head-canon easter egg on her but I am not telling. Also, for some reason I can envision Twirl on the Lost Light. Tailgate asking why she says "like" in almost all her sentences and causing shenanigans with Swerve. :p 
    Twirl2.png
    EDIT: Anyone else see Leozack/Lyzack from this design?

• Like Like x 1
  18. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    Hell yeah

19. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Eh. I'm bored so here's an old sketch. I'm sort of working on a Sonic head-canon same as Transformers which leads us to Maria Kintobor (the Hedgehog). She's basically one world's equivalent to Shadow the Hedgehog in terms of abilities but is less broody.
    Maria.jpg
    The linked video pretty much describes when she first awakens from cryogenic stasis. Needless to say she is not happy.
    PS I hope to draw Stiletto/Wildcard from TF Universe at some point.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke9wtbzGjCI

• Like Like x 1
  20. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Christ. This thread is deader than Shia's sense of self respect.
    So I tried a digibash for an old idea I had. TFP Dreadwing into Alpha Trion. If I'm lucky I'll try turning ROTF Bludgeon into Tarn.
    AT.jpg

• Like Like x 1