Customs: Rivets?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TonyzCustomz, Feb 28, 2009.

1. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need to make some. Like 100-1000 need to be created. :D  I have seen some Gundam models with bunches on them but have no clue how to make them all the same consistent size without a lot of :banghead: 

Any ideas?

2. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I learned how to at this website.

Mecha Skunk

There is an tutorial in the stores section under the balls,beads,and screws section where he sells ball bearing,and tube beads to mimic rivets.

I got two different sizes from my local fabric/hobby store(Johann Fabrics). What I have are called crimping bead. Tiny little straight tube beads that you put on necklaces and bracelets. I have them in both gold and silver for both the the sizes. I just wish I could find those little tiny ball bearings he uses.

He also sells mesh cables and display bases, and sometimes resin weapons that may or may not fit TF's not really sure. But the are centered around 1/100 sized gundam so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't.

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You are a lifesaver. They even sell the right sized drill bit to do it with, freakin sweet. :thumbs2: 

Though I am wondering is 2.0 mm the right size for a 14" transformer? Next question would be if a company actually makes larger than 2mm.

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

here are the ball bearings you seek >>> Stainless Steel balls for Gundam MG PG HGUC Resin 2mm - eBay (item 150146776616 end time Mar-20-09 22:37:57 PDT) or item # 150146776616

BE WARNED IT TOOK ME 15 DAYS TO GET MY PARTS FROM HIM HE IS NOT IN N.Y. LIKE HE CLAIMS. look through his store he has some other good stuff also there is one more seller on ebay that sells thrusters