Customs: RIT dyes in Calgary

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Bexter, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Bexter

Bexter New Member

Saw a bunch of postings from people enquiring as to where they could get RIT dyes in Calgary. We're (Bleeding Art Industries) in Calgary and sell the liquid RIT dyes and have lots of different colours in stock. You can visit our site www.bleedingartindustries.com, email bleedart@telus.net or give us a call at 403-236-0025. We also ship elsewhere. Hope that helps.

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spamity-SPAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!!!

3. Bexter

Bexter New Member

No it's not. If people have been asking where to get it, we're responding that we have it. Isn't that what this forum is about - meeting needs?

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    What are RIT dyes?

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Moved to Kitbash forum, where people who would want such a thing would visit.

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    You have 2 posts as of your last one in the very same thread. So trust me, it's spam. If it was even remotely relevant, it should have been posted in the Kitbash forum.

No one in the General Discussion forum has been asking about dyes in Calgary. Not ever.

And discussion forums are intended for discussion, not "meeting needs".

I'm still rolling over your saying that you "saw a bunch of postings" here of people asking about this. Funny how the forum search contradicts your claim.

7. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Down boy, down. Sit. Good boy.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Hey, uh, Voiceroy...not so tough.

Bexter, thanks for this!

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Sorry, I don't take kindly to being "corrected" over someone posting clearly unrelated topics that are blatant commercial plugs, and then they make contradictory claims on top of that.

Be thankful I'm not a mod. If this had been posted on any of my Yahoo Groups, it would've been deleted immediately.

Bexter, if your post was actually legitimate--perhaps you were tracking web traffic coming from this site, although I still don't see enough evidence in forum search to support your claim...[edit]

I retract my apology after visiting the site linked above. You sell dyes for industrial use in bulk quantities, which would be of little to no use of kitbashers/customizers here. :spam  :thumbdown 

10. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

You get worked up pretty easily eh?

11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    No, I just don't like spammers who abuse fan forums.

12. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Dyes used mainly for fabrics (I beleive). At least I usually get them in the laundry department of Walmart. Great for changing the colour of some plastics.

13. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Man...somebody woke up on the wrong side of the double-wide this morning.

14. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

I've also found RIT dyes in our grocery store, near the all purpose area and cleaners.

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Mocking a member for being upset with a deceitful spammer is a new low for this forum.

16. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    If I ever need to dye stuff I will look you up.

If you are a new Tfan, than welcome.

17. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

It's already been addressed that this person isn't a spammer. Making your point a non point in this forum. If you can add something to the dye thread, by all means. Otherwise flame elsewhere..Especially if you're so interested in the quality of this forum.

18. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    hah that pretty much is spam. Ive been a mod/admin on other large sites for about 6 years, and unless this guy is a sponsor, or a third party (customer) is the one posting about him, its spam

19. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the support. It takes someone with a good deal of mod experience to recognize spam because some use more subtle tactics than others.

I mod/host three Yahoo groups and also serve as mod for one of the web's largest and most popular animation fansites, and have to deal with jerk spammers on a daily basis.

Similarly, it bugs the crap out of me every time members abuse the General Discussion forum by seeming that they're just asking an innocent question about how to sell a certain item, when in reality it's just to give their item more exposure so they can sell it quicker and/or for a higher price.

Sami, I honestly mean no offense, and I have the utmost respect for you as a fan because you have an extraordinarily fabulous TF collection which I am in total awe of. But at the risk of repeating myself, I must reiterate what I stated earlier regarding this poster:

[emphasis added]

Check the site and see for yourself that this is just commercial spam. What kitbasher/customizer is going to need a freaking gallon jug of any color of RIT dye? It would take you a few lifetimes to use that much dye just for little pieces of toy plastic.

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Jesus Christ, dude. You could...I dunno, just bring the whole level of "care" down a bit. How right do you want to be about something as retardedly small as this?