Minor/Repaint: RISE OF MY RoTF PRIME... again :)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Apr 25, 2010.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey there all. So I have been working on this guy FOREVER!!!! reasons include paint problems, flame problems, chrome misfortunes and, my favorite part, creating a new set of parts?? WHAT?!? Mew parts you ask? Yes, see the only real thing, other than the back kibble, that I didn't really like about this figure were those hip wheel hangers... WELL NO MORE I SAY! Prime now looks more streamlined with a newly designed set of parts that I had come up with, and had taken the idea to TFW's very own savio-prime. These new wheel hangers are now a part of Primes transformation sequence. The old hagers made prime look like he had the thunder thighs like that big girl from Good luck Chuck with Dane Cook. These new wheel hangers have been designed to slide on the existing pins and sit flush with the lower wheels on his mid thighs. THUNDEROUS NO MORE SAYS I! HOPEFULLY I'll have this guy done soon, as I am still awaiting for my parts to come back from a different chroming source I thought I would try. Anyway, without further a due, PICTURES!!!! these are simple proto's mr. savio is making or has made molds... I think made molds and will be selling these parts to public peoples(ya'lls) I have pictures of the parts on my custom, as well as shots of the parts on savio's hasbro and TT's Buster Prime. Anyway, if you guys want a set, I believe he's charging $20 per set?? I could be wrong though, sooo... Lemme go get him. LATERS!

Attached Files:

2. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

let me be the first to say sweet! much needed improvment.

3. snakejake

snakejake Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    lookin good bro! can't wait to see yours finished. howd you do your flames?

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks guys. I agree with the much needed improvement. I think I MIGHT know why has/takomy may of not done this with the final design, but Idk, I could very well be wrong about it too.. Anyway, as for flames, I have yet to finish them, BUT I am hoping to be starting on them soon. I really screwed myself the first time around by placing the wrong flames on the sleeper portion of the cab, the doors, and the sides of the hood, as well as reversing the stencils on the rear fenders... what a problem and a half that was... I had to buy a whole new set of stencils because I trashed to initial ones that I bought!! Anyway, hopefully we'll be seeing a more in depth thread on how to order the parts, what the payment options will be, so on and so forth. So keep an eye out for that. I DO know that it won't be through this thread as savio-prime said he would definitely be making a separate thread.

5. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Hey it's great (for me at least) to finally see your WIP Prime! I really like the chrome apps you've done and the window tints are really nice. I'll send you the additional sets of the new parts this week so hopefully we all can see new pics of your Prime with the wheel mods completed!!!

Best regards!
    Savio.

BTW, thanks for posting up the pics of my Primes!

6. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

I wasn't that bothered with the wheels on the hips before but looking at that I can see this mod certainly improves an already great figure and I'd be interested getting some of those bits too.

Could someone explain or point me in the right direction of how to replace parts that are pinned like that though? I've only ever removed regular screws and always left the pins cos I don't know how to get them out or put them back in again.

7. MatrixDesigns

MatrixDesigns Banned

Those new parts are awesome!

8. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Wow, that looks so much better. Nice work. :thumb 

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Carnivac: removing pins Is super easy. I myself just use a small philips head screw driver from the hobby set, a hammer, and a block of wood. When removing the pin there is a clean end and an end with "teeth" as I call them. You simply place the part in question on the block of wood, and gently tap the pin out so not to be breaking the part that the pin is in. In the case of the pins that hold the wheel hangers onto primes hips, the toothed ends are both facing opposite directions, counter clockwise I think it was. With primes hips, its a matter of balancing the figure while trying to tap the pins out. Savio, no problem my friend, I can't thank you enough for the help you've given me. I really do hope to god I can start the flames on prime by the endof this week so that I can get this bad boy up on ebay and atleast TRY to make SOME of the money back that I've put into this project... Then I get to start all over n make one for myself :D . Matrixdesigns and tornadoquake, thank you to both of you for the kind words.

10. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

Thanks for the info. Do I tap on the teethy end of the clean end?

Gotta say the thought of taking a hammer to my Buster Prime fills me with some dread. Hope I do it alright and don't break it. Though it would be a nice new thing to learn that I can make use of for modding other figures too that have them pins.

11. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Tap it out from the clean end so the "teeth" come out first. You'll widen the pin hole if you do it the other way, not to mention scrape it all up! Just a few taps with a slightly heavy hammer should do just fine to pop out the "toothed" end. Take your time. I did it to my Buster Prime and patience = love. lol.

12. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

okeedokee. Definitely interested in getting some of those parts. The more I look at the Prime with them installed the more I prefer it and start to hate the way my Prime's hipwheels currently look.

13. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, sorry, I forgot to tell ya that part, but Savio gots mah back yo! And if you're scared of doing it on buster prime, which, I have to admit, I would be too if I hadn't done it before, find something in a similar size and practice on that. TFTM Leader Prime has some nice pins to practice on.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Awesome sauce, brother!

15. jclauterback

jclauterback Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want these for my primes 2 sets, you should let me know when they are available. looks so much better. great work.

16. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Hey guys, if you are interested in the new wheel mounts, please follow this link to the Junk Pit. Instructions for ordering are there.

Savio Prime's Order Page for ROTF Leader Prime Hip Mod Parts

In the meantime, let's keep this thread about OMEGAPRIME's kick ass work on Prime!!!

Be well everyone!
    Savio.

17. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

I actually do have an armless junker 2007 Leader Prime in a box somewhere I can do that with. I just gotta find me a wooden block someplace and I'll give it a go.

18. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^there ya go, savio, thanks brother. Let me know how well these sell bro.

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:

20. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay: