RIP pets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LesterX, Aug 11, 2011.

1. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Our orange and black cat, Ziko, was hit by a car last night. Although I did not feel much attachment (for he had only been with us about 3-4 months), everyone else's sadness hit me. So I want know who else has lost a pet that they cared about?

2. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Oh where to begin...

We used to have a cat named Sebastian, he was about middle aged and he was always very friendly. When we moved from our house we couldn't take our two cats with us so we left them at our old house and we would come back every few days to feed them and spend time with them. One day we came back to the old house to feed him when this lady was holding him in her arms patting him. She ddint seem to be bad so we left the food and went on our way. Few days later we come back and no sign on Sebastian anywhere. To this day we still think that lady stole him, :( 

We used to have this beautiful Yellow Cockatiel named Angel. Very tame and loved head scratches. One day my Dad walked out the door with her and she flew off. I have forgiven him and I was never mad with him about it.

When we owned Angel, we also had two Budgies, one boy and one girl. It was last year when the girl, named Sweety passed away. We honestly have no idea what happened. We still have the boy Budgie with us named Tweety.

For a few years we had another cat named Casper. Extremely friendly and one of the best cats we ever had. One day she ran away because we brought home a Kitten and I think she felt her territory was being breached so she went to live with one of the elderly neighbors. As far as my Mom told me, she was being treated like a Queen.

We once had two tadpoles who disappeared mysteriously. One day one of them went missing, next day the other went missing with nothing out of place and no cats in the house. Strange.

Apart from the usual Goldfish here and there, this is all I can remember.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Our two previous cats both died at only 4 years old.

Azrael, a gray tabby, passed away from a weak heart. He had a urinary tract blockage while we were on vacation during Christmas. The pet sitter, bless her heart, brought him into the ER where he was operated on. Azrael's heart gave out when he woke up from the anaesthesia.

Kimahri, a showshoe mix, was diagnosed with lymphoblastic lymphoma a few months after Azrael passed away. I first noticed a lump on his neck and brought him to the vet. They aspirated it and diagnosed it as a really aggressive cancer. We had the lump removed and started a chemo/radiation regiment. We figured with him being so young he'd have a good chance of beating it into remission.

After a few months, the cancer spread to his lungs and then his kidneys gave out. After he fought so bravely we decided it was time to let him go with dignity. It was one of the most toughest things my wife and I had to go through as we treated them like family.

Not a day goes by where I do not miss them sorely.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I've had a number of pets come and go, but we had to put my girlfriend's 18 yr old cat, Jezebel, down today. She hadn't been eating much in the past few days and was getting really weak and wobbly. It's always sad, but just remember the love and joy they brought you over the years.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I had a rabbit that had indegestion problems and couldn't eat any food, even though he hadn't eaten in days. We had to have him put down :'(

Also, when I was about 5, we had our rabbits put outside in our cage, and I wanted to play with them and opened the cage and they both ran away. I cried for ages, I can even remember I felt terrible. :( 

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i lost tons of fishses

7. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Im not sure why I started this thread, its depressing.:( 

8. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

My Mutley, My Honey, My Suzy, My Missie lost all through the years and I miss them terribly.

9. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    BJ- He was a white american bulldog. He was my baby sitter from the time I was 3 till I was ten. He would not let me out of his site for 5 mins and loved to ride in the car. He got cancer and passed away at the age of 9.

Cracker- She was my 1st girl dog. Sweetest thing on four legs. She just passed of old age.

Twitled cat- my dad named him. He was so fun to play with and sweet. He got hit by a car while I was at school.

Button- white,blue, and gray calaco female cat. Me and my sister love her to death but she got very old and passed.

Buddy- He was a 25 or 27 Gelding horse I got from some people who rescued him off a very bad man. I had him for 4 wonderful years. He was just a old pasture horse that got spoiled and loved his blanket cover. I was with him up till the last 10 mins of his life I call out of work to be with him. We thought he was doing a bit better but when I checked on him he has passed away from heart failure.

Oscar- was a scruffy little orange kitty that followed us home from across our street. He had just turned one and got hit by a car.

I miss all my pets dearly

10. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    I really do not want to think of anything bad happening to my cat. I'm sorry for you're loss.

A few months ago two of my favorite goldfish died, which was pretty upsetting. One of them was my favorite and she would always eat food from my hands. She was getting pretty big too and died suddenly. The other was a feeder fish I won in some stupid contest which got me back into fishkeeping. I had previously saved his life before. He had a severe case of gill flukes to the point of him not being able to close his mouth but he recovered and lived a few more years.

11. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    When I was living with my mother-in-law about ten years ago, I rescued my mom's dog, Millie (my mom had gone into deep depression and didn't take care for it). We've had this dog in our family for over ten years and it hurt to see her not being properly taken care of. Well, one day I let Millie out to the backyard so she could do her thing. After ten minutes I heard her scratching at the glass door but I ignored it thinking she'll like some more time outside. When I went to get her five minutes later, she was missing. Worried that she got out of the yard I searched the neighborhood for over two hours but didn't find her. The next morning when I woke up something told me to check the pool which had a tarp over it. When I lifted back the tarp, there was Millie. :(  I feel real guilty about her death, even to this day. If only I let her in when she first scratched at the door and if only I checked the pool earlier I might have been able to rescue her.

12. LesterX

LesterX Banned

This thread has gotten really depressing.

13. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Eeeh...

Horses

Have had two horses put down to prevent suffering.

Cats

Nightmare, Piggy, and Smokey all disappeared however they may have been poisoned due to our crazy old neighbor trying to get rid of rats.

Meowsy was shot by a pellet gun. (Probably the most impacting emotionally, as she crawled back to the house after having been shot. We took her promptly to the hospital and dropped about 2k in surgery but she didn't make it through the night)
    - After this happened all our main cats are now indoor cats with the exception of the strays who find it home here.

Kiki was hit by a car and suffered 3 broken bones but died 2 years later fortunately from natural causes.

Had four kittens mauled by a dog out of 6. One of them died later from blood loss.

Cashew another kitten died a week later but was mostly the runt of the litter. The 6th kitten is still alive and properly named Lucky.

Spike died from a brain tumor.

Think one died from lung cancer.

Bebe died naturally.

Barney 1, Barney 2, Barney 3 The black cats that lived in our barn. Seemingly each time one passed away another replaced it hence the numbers. But they all died naturally.

Chickens

Suicide took a few of them.

Had a coyote eat a few of them.

Numbers dwindled down quickly once hawks moved into the neighborhood and started picking off the young.

Eh theres more. I must say I am an animal person and really hated seeing these happen.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011