RIP Pepper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cascadia, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last Saturday afternoon, I decided to put my beloved Pepper, a Whippet-mix, to sleep, which was an extremely difficult decision to make. He was at least 12 years old. No one was ever sure on how old he was when I got him after the 2003-2004 Oregon snowstorm, the humane society estimated that he was 7 years old. His story was that he was abandoned until I took him into my life. I moved to two locations during those 5 years and we never left each other's side. He was one if not the best dog that I ever had.

I got the results back on Pepper from my vet. His upper part (auricles) of his heart were still beating normally but they could not communicate with the lower portion (ventricles).So, electrical conduction in the heart was not working properly. Eventually, his heart was going to stop beating. Everything else looked normal for an aging dog.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Im so sorry for your loss

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm so sorry, Cascadia. May Pepper rest in peace... :( 

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry for what happened. I know how it is. I lost a dog about 14 yrs ago and I had her ever since she was a pup. I found her dead in my bedroom floor. It took me a week just to get over it. But even till this day, it still bothers me everytime I think about it.

But of course some people don't understand. They will tell you "It was just a dog". But even if I see a dog get hurt or killed in a TV program or movie, it will upset me. I know it is not real, but it is the thought of it.

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you for the sympathies. Pepper was my roommate and an important family member. This is my letter to him

Dearest Pepper,

Do you remember how we first met? If you do not, I certainly do remember as if it was yesterday and I think that it is remarkable. In 2004, I just moved to Oregon from Colorado after putting my equine show partner to sleep after a long tough battle with cancer. When I moved to Oregon, I faced a terrible snowstorm and a terrible staff infection in my knee. On January 9th, I was at the local humane society looking for a dog to live in my apartment. I did not have much success and was worn out with my bad knee, so I was resting in a recliner in the volunteer's lounge. A medium-sized white and black dog came strolling in right after taking a bath. The little guy jumped into my lap and curled up and instantly fell asleep. That little guy was you, however, your name was not always named Pepper, it was Spot at the time.

You helped me heal my knee, so you earned a nickname "Dr. Pepper." You also helped me earn a Bachelor's along with a Master's Degree even though you tolerated my long nights of studying for an upcoming exam or presentation. You were always there cheering me on by laying right by me on my bed or curled up underneath my desk.

We went on many wonderful vacations together in 4 different states and met many wonderful people at dog parks, on the coast, or just down the street. We were pretty much inseparable and never left each other's sides even though I moved to two different locations. The first one, you were worried that I was going to leave you behind so in order to tell me not to leave you, you stood by my car while I was packing it up. However, once we were on the road to our new location, you curled up and fell asleep in my passenger seat. Whenever I was upset, you were right there with your big brown eyes and saying, "This shall pass soon."

I truly believe that it was fate that we found each other. I miss you greatly but I hope that you continue to look out for me during my hard times as well as cheering me now. As I write this to you from Earth, I am searching for a new Whippet, not to replace you but to pass my genuine love to another dog. I feel that it is tribute to you that you helped me find this unique but wonderful breed. Again thank you for wonderful 5 years that we spent together and I hope that you enjoyed them too.

Love Always,
    Your Mommy

6. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awwww....I am sorry to hear that :(  He looks like a sweet dog. I am really sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you.

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Aww he was cute, I bet he was glad you saved him ^_^.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

:(  Rest in peace Pepper, he was a pretty dog

9. Shakira

Shakira Well-Known Member

RIP pepper I am sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you find a new dog to pass love on to :O)

10. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know what I would do without my dog. I have a chiuaua m ex-wife wanted. Then in the divorce she said she was taking her to the pound. I took her and have never loved a dog more. I dread the day I have to put her down.

Want to imagine something funny. A 340 pound man holding a 7 pound dog. That's me.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry to hear about Pepper. He looks so cute in your pics.

May he rest in peace.

12. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

wow, those pics of pepper. he looks so proud. truly a great looking dog.

i am sorry for your loss.

13. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you....he was a good-natured dog and will always be missed. Eventually, I will be in the process of looking for another dog.

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

It's always hard when a very good pet dies.

What kind of a dog are you thinking about getting?

15. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

so sorry dude. I know that is hard. my thoughts are with you.

16. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Sorry for your lose. Heart diseases are quite tricky to treat and cure. I'm sure you did the right thing. Just remember all the good times you had with her. It will be fine with time.

17. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am working on getting another Whippet or Whippet-mix. In terms of the heart problem that occurred, there was no cure other than a short-term one, which was a pace-maker.

[​IMG]