Rinkya fees

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by slugslinger2004, Jul 25, 2008.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've gawked at the various mecha that appear on Yahoo! Japan for the past couple of years and last week I decided to take the plunge. I won two auctions, one for a loose God Silverion and the other for a loose Ultra Raker (Braves.) The ending prices were around 3000 yen each, which wasn't to terrible.

I knew Rinkya would charge a $20 commission but they also charged $15 for shipping each item within Japan. I misread the info and assumed the $20 fee included shipping in Japan. When I initially bid I assumed I would have to pay around $100 total for both before shipping to the US. It ended up being $125.

I chose EMS shipping, and now there's another $50 added to the total price. Now I've spent $175 on two loose toys :( 

I can't wait to get my toys, but I never thought I'd pay this much for loose toys. It really bugs me with God Silverion, because the toy will probably have tons of smudges on it. If I knew the price would be this high I just would have bought it from Toyarena!

Oh well, I just needed to rant. I really will never use Rinkya again unless I can get an item for less than 1000 yen, because they waive the commission. Does anyone have any other deputy services they would recommend?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    That's brutal. :( 

Celga and ShoppingMallJapan have more reasonable fees, but their browsing features aren't as nice.

On a completely irrelevant note, does that mean you're out of the game for the GGG/Goldymarg giftset on ebay?

3. slugslinger2004

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, unfortunately I'm out on both GaoGaiGar and Fire Dagwon. I may end up getting rid of God Silverion too.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    So I might actually have a chance at that GGG? Cool! /excited

Sorry to hear that you might sell God Silverion. It's a pretty decent figure, actually (and I only had the KO... The legit one must be leaps and bounds better).

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    yeah, I signed up for rinkya as well. then I got to looking around at the fees, and the fact that I think they required you to put some money into an account with them, and I ran away in the opposite direction.

6. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aww man i feel sorry for you dude. you should've at least checked Toyarena first coz they've just had God Silverion in stock. shipping cost would be more cheaper for you (since you're in the states) & on top of that you can get a 10% off yr purchase.

As for any other deputy services most of them are more or less the same, at the end of the day they still have to make a profit. unless if you want to try Yahoo s'pore instead. no middle man fees or deputy services required (but their site have been having some problems & technical difficuties fo quite sometime).

Yahoo! Auctions - Buy and Sell Sports Cards, Coins, Collectibles or New Items

7. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Celga's mark up is only $10 for anything between 1000 to 10000 yen...
    If you use celga or other services you can use rinkya's search features but copy the link after finding a auction you want. Thats the easiest way for non-japanese readers.

8. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I paid Rinkya fees on a few hundred dollars worth of items and it was a considerable amount, but it was a necessary evil since its best only to use Rinkya when you cant find the item through any US means. I have no complaints from it, but if you're not prepared for it, it can be quite a shock. Sorry to hear about that, dude. I hope they come in amazing shape.

9. slugslinger2004

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the tips guys. I may try Celga next time I want something from Yahoo!Japan.

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Yep, I switched to Celga years ago and never looked back...except to use Rinkya's browser :p  )