Right person , Wrong time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saitoh155, Sep 30, 2010.

1. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

Im sure a lot of people have had this happen.You meet a person that you automatically click with.The attraction is there and the chemistry is very evident but it turns out to be the wrong timing for the two of you.

I had this situation present itself to me just recently.I met a girl around here that was pretty much everything i was looking for in a girl.We like the same things,We laugh at the same stupid stuff,all the things that make it "too good to be true".Well, It turned out to be.She moving back home to South Carolina and has pretty much no choice in the matter.She knows how i feel about her and i know how she feels about me but the timing was just off for us to make it happen.

I am a firm believer in fate and that someday me and her will cross paths again but right it just hurts.She is having a going away party tonight and Im not sure if i can handle being there knowing this one person is goin to be leaving.We will keep in touch but it just seems so unfair.

Let me know what you guys think....or tell me something like this that has happened to you and how you dealt with it.

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    First question: how old are you? (your answer is relevant to question #2)

3. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

28 which sounds bad that im all wishy washy over this and all but it is what it is and its how i feel.Looking for outside perspective

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Had this happen to me once- but a friend of mine who's a lot like me ended up asking her out previously that day. They're married now, and I'm quite happily married as well. There's no such thing as 'the one.' Hang in there buddy- I was 29, so you still have a year to catch up to me. And two spaces after a period would help break up your sentences.

5. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

Thanks I appreciate it. Sorry about the cluster on the sentences, when get on a thought i tend to jumble it all together. And ya know ultimately i want her to be happy as well. And if i get to keep her as a friend then at least I have her in my life in some way.

6. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hang in there man, had something similiar happen not to long ago. If fate is meant to be then she'll come back again. I don't know anymore if I believe in the "one" for each of us but I do believe that everyone deserves to be happy instead of living an unhappy life.

7. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    That's cool, if you said you were about half that you would have got the 'plenty more fish in the sea' speech.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your 28, a grown man! Go after her and try to work things out! I can relate because this happened to me when I was 14 years old lol. We REALLY had no say in the matter so moving from Dallas to Austin was a death sentence for our relationship (which was more puppy love than anything else).

Of course, i'm 28 now and if I felt that strongly about a woman.. I wouldn't let her go, I'd let her move in with me, No doubt about that! However, a part of me feels like those emotions your feeling are only happening because she is moving. Everything is magnified by 20 because this relationship wasn't given a chance to grow.... so make a choice

Either move on or give her a plan on how your going to keep it together. A real plan, not one of those "Oh man... i'll call you every friday":lol 

9. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

I appreciate all the support. And i know for a fact that I will go up and visit her for sure and keep in touch. It just sucks that I had found a girl that i really connected with all every level and she is going away. But it is very true that if its meant to happen it will come around again.

10. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

You have a point sir. And that is something that i have been tossing around in my head since i found out about her leaving.

11. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My advice: Nothing is "meant" to happen. Don't be a passive observer of your own life.

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^

QFT

If she is that important, make it happen:2c: 

13. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing with that is...and nothing against the person that started this thread as I know nothing about him or ever met him....but some people just aren't the aggresive kind and have troulbe with self confidence. I was this way in high school and missed out on so much b/c my self confidence wouldn't fill up a thimble. I still have trouble with it to this day but I'm better.

Anyways back on subject.....chase after her if you can man, if she really means this much to you and you feel that strong about it do it.

14. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

This is very true folks, Im glad I put this out there for people to comment on. Its giving me some insight into what i really should do in this situation.

15. red4

red4 Banned

If it's feasible, go after her.
    I've had an almost identical experience as you, except I was in high school. It didn't work out however, for unforeseen reasons. For my particular situation, it was for the better. Yours seems different, so you should definitely go after her.

To that user who said you should put 2 spaces between sentences: No. It's only 1 space, regardless of what your grammar classes taught you. 2 spaces is simply incorrect.

16. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Fight for her, bro. If she's "the one", then you shouldn't just give up because she's moving somewhere else in the U.S. Nothing good comes easy. If she's worth it, keep up the fight.

"Distance is to love like wind is to fire... it extinguishes the small and kindles the great."

17. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it really is the right person, then you *make* it the right time. If they're worth it, then do whatever it takes.

18. Superion1701

Superion1701 Supreme Leader

Google "mgtow"

19. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Exactly. You grab what you want by the throat and don't apologize for it. It's better to look forward and strive for what you deserve, than to regret that you let it slip through your fingers.

Yeah, very nice quote actually. If she's "it", then look the challenge in the eye and make it work. And honestly, I've dealt with way worse distance (obv. kitty has dealt with WAY worse) than SC to LA. That's a day trip man. That's a luxury in the eyes of some of us who've had to deal with much worse.

20. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Words of wisdom from Hobbes- timus Prime.