Heavy/Scratch: Ridley

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by minsok, Dec 28, 2010.

1. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    This is nice! Kinda give Megs a whole new level of articulation!

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Wow - initially I didn't even realise they were the same figure! I always approve of more articulation. :thumb  Be nice to get some more pics of the beast mode, though; from the angles on those two I'm having trouble properly making out what's where.
    Do you plan to paint him up, or leave him as is?

4. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Ninja pose is a good test of articulation. The only other figure I had this articulated was Animated Prowl.

Yeah, I'll definitely get cleaner pictures after I get the wings where I want them. It'll be easier to make out when Ridley has eyes, too. The orange chest, the neck, and his stomach are all going to need paint, everything else is good as is.

5. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

when I saw the last pic, Ridley's battle song was sounding in my head :p 
    and it reminds me I must continue playing MP:3 for third time! =P

6. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Okay, new picture, repositioned his wings (but I ran out of magnets) and I added his underlying stomach section and weakpoint. I think this picture's a lot clearer. Two more pictures of Megatron mode with his scythe/tail/glaive split in half and stored on his back. Looks like a mess, I know, but it's actually pretty sweet. Ridley's head is the only part that's really clunky.

7. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Ugh, damn camera. Totally moved Ridley's arms and put a hump in his back. Ridley's new arms have the nice feature that they can be used in robot mode so he has four arms. The wings fold on his back in robot mode, really angelic.

Ridley's eyes and tongue are in the mail, I think his neck needs to be moved back a bit at the head. If his legs were longer and his forearms an inch longer, his proportions would be perfect with Zero Mission Ridley. You can see how all this crap stores on the robot back, pretty messy. Too bad ALL the lego ball joints are floppy now, it's like his scythe is made of rubber.

8. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

Are you going to paint him? :drool: 

9. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I was thinking of doing some small panels burgundy like I did with http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/319510-leader-shockblast.html, but it will make him look too sharp. He looks pretty organic now, I think I'm just going to paint his neck and chest and leave it at that. Might do some neon orange in the panel lines just cuz. Also, he does not look good all red at all.

10. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Wow, this is awesome! Ridley is one of my favorite Nintendo characters. I was really upset that he wasn't a playable character in SSBM... but I digress. Great custom thus far. :) 

Looks like Ridley's wings are backwards? And whaaaaa? No paint? I think he'd look killer done up in Ridley's colors. Much like TMII Megatron. It couldn't possibly look that bad.

- Alty

11. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Actually, with a dull matte red, he probably wouldn't look too bad. When I photoshopped it, it was glossy, which looks terrible. I like to handle and transform my figures instead of displaying them, so I don't like a lot of paint. Besides his premium paint job is pretty nice (except the brown rubs off if you rub it with your nail!).

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Full-on freaky! I'm largely indifferent to the movie Megs figures, but you've actually made me sit up and notice him with these mods. Love it. :thumb 

13. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    DUDE! Paint this Guy!

What a cool look!

14. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Okay, I switched out all his ball joints for some that have rubber in them. They're almost just as weak as regular lego ball joints, though. Made his tail more organic, gave him his eyes and oriented the head more forward, and made his wings right side up so he's easier to "read". Should only have one update left.

15. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

95% complete. Just need to do a little sanding and painting. For now I have him in this awesome pose. You can see I retooled the wings and scythe.

16. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    This is one of my favorite crossover bashes of all time. I can't wait to see it painted!

- Alty

17. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Ugh, f*** my camera. Totally burned out on Transformers, at least I finished this.

18. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I think I'm bored of his alt mode. Anybody have any idea what I could turn him into, I like the base robot? He has a pretty organic look. I don't know, like a Cybertronian Beast Wars Rampage? Thunderwing? Skeledragon? I have no idea, what would be some good parts to combine him with (Supreme Starscream is definitely out)? I need some creative ideas.

19. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Really? Awww, I agree with Altitron that with some metallic paint (purple or silver) this would look awesome as a Ridley TF.

Still, if you want to change it I think a cybertronian Beast Wars character is a good idea. The organic look suits them already....you know with those clawed hands it kind of reminds me of parts of TigerHawk, and since that's already an animal alt mode only a few mods would have to be done.

20. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    Coming from a Metroid fan I totally love this!