Riding Inside a Transforming Transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Noideaforaname, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    So... what would happen if you were inside a bot as it changed modes? I'm sure "it depends", but still it seems a rather rare occurrence for a 30-year franchise. Off the top of my head I can't think of ANY...
    Would you get thrown out?
    Would you get flat-out pulverized? (really feels like a particularly irate Decepticon would've done this at some point)
    Would you survive relatively unscathed?
    Would you get stuck, perhaps even "jam" the Transformer?

I guess what I'm really looking for is not one final answer, but for a list of what happened for every time a human character had to sit thru a transformation. Or at least when something more interesting happened than "ambiguously appeared in the bot's hands."

2. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Umm...I'm thinking you'd be a horrible, mangled corpse. But I could be wrong.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

That actually happens a lot in aligned. Mostly Rescue Bots, but Miko was inside Bulkhead when he TF a couple of times in Prime. Also, it's happened a couple of times in the movies. When the Dreads were chasing the 'Bots, and when Galvatron was chasing the 'Bots. It seems to be completely harmless.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seems to me the answer is a case-by-case thing, based on what exactly happens to the cabin/cockpit area when the robot (or toy) transforms. It it stays mostly in one piece on the toy in robot mode, it's easy enough to imagine riding inside during transformation would be a survivable experience. If the area opens up or comes apart, then a passenger probably just falls out (and somewhere between 5 and 50,000 feet to the ground). If the cabin collapses in on itself, then a rider may well have a problem, what with the skull and pelvis trying to occupy the same space 'n' all.

I didn't watch much, but I seem to recall the HB Go-Bots cartoon 'bots liked to keep people inside the vehicle cabins in either mode, either as passenger or prisoner

• Like Like x 4
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I know size/mass shifting is a thing, but i feel Transformers wouldnt be able to have very solid bodies if their altmodes where build to accomodate passengers.
    Otherwise i think due to the shifting they would be capable to transform without harming their passenger, but i think it would be quit the disorientating experience.

6. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watch Transformers Prime for your answer :wink: 

7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    I think it's probably different for every Cybertronian, depending on how they change shape. Some could simply get thrown out or ejected from the vehicle, others could get crushed or ground into pulp. Depending on what's inside them while they change shape, that could also possibly effect them in different ways.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Agreed.

We've seen a variety; ejection, no problem, topsy turvy, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Gundam Astraea hangar

funny enough as a toy, several of the Diaclone based G1 molds including Optimus himself were originally piloted mechs complete with pilot figures thus didn't much effect the transformation or the pilots in the cockpits,

that includes non-Diaclone molds such as Jetfire who is just a repaint of a Macross VF-1 Valkyrie fighter, then we have Roadbuster & Whirl who came from the Dorvack toyline which had an anime series as well which are piloted mechs, though they lacked proper pilot figures in the original toys.

10. Red Spider

Red Spider Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned in the comics that there hasn't been a successful transformation with a person inside a TF. That said, it could even be a Dreamwave thing! In the movies, don't the humans usually get forcibly ejected out during transformation?

• Like Like x 1
  11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

If it's a Masterpiece transformer, then the occupant is probably screwed ;) 

12. Master Disaster

Master Disaster Well-Worn Member

News Credits:
    I'm having some weird and grisly thoughts about Micromasters.

• Like Like x 1
  13. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

In my head, any of the alt modes that generally do not affect the "cab" section during transformation, folks can ride in those through the transformation. Though, I'd imagine, the experience could be loud and scary and generally unpleasant. G1 toy Optimus Prime is a good example of that.

In the transformations that affect the orientation of the "cab" but not the structure, I always reasoned that the cab section might possibly be set on a gyroscope within the Transformer, to allow the cab to orient properly. Again, loud and scary, but harmless. This is how I see the various jets that have the nose down to form the center of the torso.

There are a bunch out there, though, probably the majority, that if they transform and do not eject their passengers (kinda like we see in the Bayformers films) as they transform... well, it'll be messy. It is a real pain to get blood out of upholstery. Just sayin'.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Think we just stumbled upon murderbees origin story lol

1475014634582.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    With Pyro and Bulkhead, Verity and Miko respectively turned out fairly alright. There was also Bumblebee in the movies, whereas Sam was more or less ejected from the roof. Honestly, it probably just depends.

16. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

In one of the GI Joe vs Transformers comics, two cobra soldiers that were inside a transformer were crushed to death when it transformed.

17. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think it depends on the bot and where the seats are located in robot mode. Starscream could technically still have someone in his jet cockpit and transform but the way Prime does it would probably crush them.

18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    So someone DID get killed by transforming! :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  19. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    If the headmaster jrs and god masters can survive being all contorted then its all good lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    to be fair, megatron also had a fleshy mouth and ate a human, so...