RIDForever.info Discussion Thread - All Things RID in Here!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spectacular! You can tell this site is a labor of love and all of the new photos are great. Thanks for updating it and sharing it with us :)  :rock 

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Fu$*ing Nice!

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    G1 was worse.

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice job on that site! Wasn't huge into RID (Wasn't back into transformers the) so it will definitely be useful.

5. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Please, RID is better than all 3 parts of the Unicron Trilogy. In fact it's in my top 4, G1, Beast Wars, R.I.D and Prime

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I have not watched RID since it was on TV, so like 2002? 2003?

I will say that the toys are still some of the best out there. So speaking for the toys alone RID is a top ranking series. As for the actual show, I recall not being the most thrilled with it.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Same, though replace Animated with G1. RID was probably the only good TF anime.

8. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fantastic page, I love it!

This was the BEST TF toyline EVER!!

Maybe not, but it's certainly one of the most interesting due to the insane variety. There were some very impressive new molds and the line was filled out with so much stuff from just about every previous TF line. I got most of the molds, and I love seeing photos of all the different colors I never bought and would have forgotten about. Beautiful, excellent photos. I forgot how excited I was about this line.

For those who weren't collecting when this line came out, I can see how bizarre or unimpressive the line might be since it is so all over the place crazy. All I know is that at that time, I was huge into all TFs and BW and this line punched me in the mouth and said that car TFs were back in a big way! I got all of the big guns from Car Robots and when the toys hit the U.S. it was really fun since none of the colors were worse. Some were really interesting! I bought Onslaught/Mega-Octane again to get the U.S. gray armor bits and I was glad that I had waited for Scourge with his Decepticon logos even though the upside down G2 symbols are still really cool too.

I miss the sweet class size between Deluxe and Voyager, but I guess modern Voyagers are about that size.

I loved this line and I still do. Rubber tires and Sky-Byte's amazing paint job at retail are a thing of the past. It's like Hasbro was too busy coping with releasing this avalanche of strange product to remember how to be more cost effective.

I suddenly want a Classics Ox. That guy was ridiculous.

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If there were a site like this dedicated to Cybertron, I think I'd literally explode from delight.

This is awesome.

10. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Moved this back over to GD, and renamed the thread. This is the official ongoing RID general discussion of TFW2005.

If you have any questions, feedback, or corrections to offer on RIDForever.info, post here. I am the webmaster of that site and will check in every so often.

Again, thanks to everyone for all the feedback, we are glad you enjoy it (for the most part :)  )

Later!

11. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude I have almost all of the US line.... I have all the "super" versions only ones I'm missing are the artic alt versions and the "clear" spychangers along with like 2 others and that's it.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The RID car bros are still awesome. I think that was my fan peak when those came out under the Car Robots line in Japan. Had to have them and it was the first time Ive ever ordered anything from Japan.

Gigatron (RID Megatron) is still the Deceptigod to all my Cons.

13. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
  14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What kind of store is a Morning Glory?

15. Kantus Prime

News Credits:
    Think of it as a Japanese import store for kids. Loads of Hello Kitty and Dragon Ball Z. I just looked around and found them. The clerk said her friend sent them to her from overseas. I should ask if she will get Rapid Run/J-Seven since I pre-ordered Midnight Express.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:

I was getting excited thinking it may be a west coast Tuesday Morning type of store. That's a great find..and a good price too. Good for you. :thumb 

My bro just found RiD Megatron at the Nashville Flea Market for $5!!! He looks great, hardly any wear at all...he picked up Wedge too, but Megs was really a steal. :D 

17. indianawalsh

indianawalsh Excessive RiD Fanboy

I really think that they should branch out with the Classics/Universe/Generations lines and start updating some RiD figures. Right now, nothing would make me happier than Voyager RiD Prime and Magnus that combine with modern engineering, and maybe don't fall over with a gust of wind.

I don't know why we abandoned the Omega Prime concept after RiD; I think it's so cool that, instead of being a simple physical upgrade for Optimus like in the Unicron Trilogy and ROTF, it was an actual different character, like righteousness incarnate or something.

18. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I just started today, and I really like RiD! Something I noticed was how the fact that they were "cars" was emphasized, like how X-Brawn could run out of gas after swinging across the city, or how Team Bullet Train is concerned about their brakes giving out. And, of couse, there's nothing that beats Side Burn sticking his arm out in vehicle mode.

19. Kantus Prime

News Credits:
    Yep gotta love it.:D 

20. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm working on some RiD fanart right now. It will be divisive. XD