Riddle Me This

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nemesis Liger, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

Even though the final verdict of this trivial decision ultimately falls on me, I figured there was no harm in asking the community's opinion. That said, I guess I will begin.

I, unfortunately, missed the original release of the Classics line so any figures I've obtained from that era are thanks to the after market. The object in question is Bumblebee. With his Classics Henkei release and now his upcoming re-release United and redeco-ed version one can have their "pick of the litter" so to speak. However, I sway in the direction of frugal and the differences in pricing are making me hesitant. While some prices are good there are others not so much, and for a deluxe figure sometimes I wonder... An original Classics figure seems to be going for $40 and up, Henkei is better at $20, but even so.

The bottom line is, the best price wise would undoubtedly be the upcoming figures, but I have a tendency to be fickle and now the deco is challenging me. I'm well aware this is past ridiculous and bordering on aggravating lunacy, but that's why I turning to others to set me straight. Before I get obsessive about "matching" my figures, I'm hoping words from others will situate my mind.

Breathe deep and tolerate if you're able. :dunce 

2. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Personally, while not being totally "geewun", I like the deco of the upcoming Generations Bumblebee. And, seeing as I too missed out on him initially in the classics lineup, will gladly pay the 12 bucks or so that he will cost when I find him in a store.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The upcoming one does look quite sharp with the black stripes, and will be quite affordable compared to the aftermarket prices on the other versions of the mold. I don't think anyone is losing out for settling for getting that version.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    The new one is almost exactly the same as the "3-pack" version that was released with Animated and Movie Bee. The only difference is that the stripes are now a thick black like the movie, as opposed to the other version's, which were the original Classics Bee's white deco but in black. The translucent blue and the yellow plastic are all the same.

Anyway, my main point is, the 3-pack one was my favorite version of the mold, and now it's getting an almost identical re-release at an affordable price. You'd be stupid to worry about the other versions with this one staring you in the face.

edit - oh and the rubsign's different, big whoop.

for the record, I own the original white-stripe Classics Bee and I'm still buying the new one (mostly because I pre-ordered the whole wave at BBTS to get Perceptor and Wreck-Gar, but the Bee is a nice bonus)

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Why hasn't hasbro or takara re-released Cliffjumper already?

I think we have enough BB's crank out some Cliffjumpers.

BTW i already have Classics Cliffjumper but i love Cliffjumper so yeah.

6. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I'm lucky enough to have classics CJ & BB. I had two BBs, but one ended up as Shattered Glass Cliffjumper. I've been wanting to make a Shattered Glass Bumblebee (not Goldbug!), and with this latest release coming out I'll finally have my chance. Save yourself the cash and get the new one - if you want to change it up to look more like the first release that can easily be accomplished.

~Z

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The upcoming Bumblebee looks the best to me. The strips help break up the yellow which was my main reservation with the Henkei version.

8. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I'd recommend the upcoming release of BB. It is the same figure but the paint is different. Save your money for other figures.

9. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    depends on if you like the g1 look or the updated look i curently have the one from the 3 pack but am really thinking about getting the henkei version and getting rid of the black and yellow

10. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Wait for the new one.

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

In terms of aesthetic, I think the upcoming US release Bumblebee looks like one of the best of the bunch. I like the black stripe pattern better than the 3-pack version, and prefer the matte yellow to the presumably metallic upcoming United release.

My only concern would be mold degradation, after so many uses of the mold. Maybe just wait till it comes out, read some reviews to see if the quality is still there, and then make the decision based on that?

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    for some reason, the first classics bumblebee is just prone to breaking lol mine's windshield is cracked and his rubsign is gone, but cliffjumper, who got more play out of him, is fine...

i use the legacy of bumblebee 3-pack version of the figure, only thing wrong with him is that his black paint is sticky....i look forward to the new RTS bumblebee rerelease to have a bumblebee to fiddle with lol

13. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I'm not anti-Movie, or anti-G1, but personally i feel like putting the Classics mold in movie-inspired stripes is a step too far.

14. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I never had a chance to get the first release (or any of the other releases) of Classics Bumblebee, so I'll be picking this one up for sure.

15. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    If the Generations Bee is cheaper, go with that one, afterall its the same mold. ^^ The stripes doesnt look bad either on that toy. So, go with that one.

16. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I picked up Classics BB when he first came out. And swapped a few parts from the Movie exclusive three pack. I couldnt afford the Henkia version at the time...

Henkia BB came out. He has yellow inside the foot and yellow forearms. The sweet gold chrome is only on his car hood. And I dont think he has the Classics pearly white rear and spoiler...

The Target Movie 3 pack. The one with Movie, Animated and Classics BB.

That version had blue tinted windows and headlights.
    Cool black pinstriping. Which was sloppy at best...
    This version had yellow Henkia forearms and inside the foot, too.

The best would be the Henkia version. Most Takara TFs are better than Hasbro anyway...

If not, just wait for the RTS vesion. He actually looks pretty darn good...

Yellow forearms. Yellow foot insides. I think the windows are tinted and he has movie style black race stripes, too.

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    The Henkei one is dreadfully boring.

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i have the three pack and still will get the new one in hopes of no sticky paint

19. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have the classics and the 3-pack versions, and I would probably suggest the Generations one that's coming out too. The original is good, but it's not like color scheme is so great that I would want to pay extra for it. The 3 pack one has serious paint issues. The paint wasn't sticky on mine, but all of them have noticeably mismatched yellows between the roof and the rest of the car. It kinda ruins it for me.

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I have the OG Bee, will chase down the 3 pack Bee, and will probably pick up the Generations Bee as well. Then once Venska (sp?) is done with his Cliffjumper and Bumper heads, I'll be modifying the OG and 3 pack ones.