Riddick Films

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Deceptijohn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I'm surprised there is no thread for these films, and since a new one is on the way I thought there should be.

I guess my opinions of the already released films follow the mainstream. I thought the first was excellent and the second less so, but still enjoyable. Also worth mentioning is the animated feature set between the two films. I really enjoyed that partly sue to the art style, but more because it was just good fun. The third film appears to be trying to recapture the feel of the first film which I approve of.

A partial character list and some general plot spoilers for the new film in the link below.

Exclusive : Riddick begins casting; character descriptions | Moviehole

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    finally i have been wondering if they were gonna do anymore with that character

vins best really

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I couldnt stand the first one, watched bits and pieces of the second one and havent seen the animated one

4. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I never understood the hate for the second one. I thought both were great. I never did get a chance to check out the animated one.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I've only seen "Pitch Black" (which was pretty good if a bit gruesome in how some characters died) and part of another where he hijacks a ship and has a really awesome beard he later shaves off at some dude's house before asking how he removes a bounty on his head (the actor who plays the female "M" in the more recent Bond movies was in it, too), so I don't really know much about the Riddick series. I'd be willing to try another in the series, if for no other reason than to see Vin Diesel out of a blown-up-so-many-times Charger and in a sci-fi flick.

6. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    You saw parts of "Chronicles of Riddick". I liked that one, but I felt like they tried to cram too much in to one movie. Pitch Black was a really intimate creature feature and then they tried to go all Star Wars with the franchise by making this film with a huge scope. Riddick works best for me when it's all about Vin Diesel being a badass. I just couldn't give a crap about the intrigues of the necromongers.

Also worth mentioning is the Riddick game "Escape from Butcher Bay". That game is badass and a good prequel story to boot.

7. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i always wanted to play that game just never picked it up

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always enjoyed the Riddick series (all two movies, lol), but I did buy the game on PS3, and the old game on Xbox. Great games with some serious atmosphere.

9. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I really liked Chronicles of Riddick. Pitch Black, less so, though it was still fairly interesting. I'd love to see a sequel to Chronicles.

10. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    From the information we have the third film will be a direct sequel to Chronicles, but not much time is spent with the Necromongers.