rid201X :your most hated character ? (so far)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by darkus Maximus34, Jun 6, 2017.

1. darkus Maximus34

darkus Maximus34 One shall DIE,one shall FLY

mine is definitely overload

• Like Like x 1
  2. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Every character in the new ones. Except maybe Ratchet, Starscream, and Soundwave. Because they are from TF Prime

3. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Crazybolt...

4. PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Filch

5. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Asswipe Sideswipe.

• Like Like x 4
  6. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Hollo!

This is gonna be the cliched answer, but I really don't like Russel. He's way too friggin' uptight for a kid, we don't know a lot about him, his personality is pretty bland, and he seems to be wrapped up so tightly all the stupid comes out in bursts (like when he was trying to get a souvenir). I'd probably put him between Koji and Kicker. Kicker had some interesting ideas, but were ultimately squandered, but Koji was bland AND had a knack for getting in situations the Autobots had to get him out of.

Windblade can prove to be a bit of a nuisance, as well. Granted, she's not in it a whole lot, but there is something about her that rubs me the wrong way. She's a bit too full of herself, I think, which is an odd contrast to comics Windblade (as I understand it) and continues to lead to the confusion of her characterization. I'm willing to give the character one more chance before I give up on Windblade entirely (not just RID), despite "three strikes your out", as A. I like her design, and B. ...well, I had a small part in her creation, as we all did, so I guess I sorta feel sorry for her.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Megasquared

Megasquared I'm gonna sing the Doom Song now.

Pretty much every Autobot annoyed the crap out of me. I think I stopped watching when Megatronus showed up.

Bumblebee - always trying to make a catchphrase
    Strongarm - basically the lawful stupid paladin of the show
    Sideswipe - always with the bickering with Strongarm until Bumblebee admonishes them for jeopardizing the mission, they make up and next week they are at again - lather, rinse, repeat.
    Grimlock - an even dumber meathead than S3 Grimlock
    Fixit - because speech impediments are funny
    Drift - bland stereotype samurai

The decepticons were also pretty ridiculous except for Steeljaw.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Probably Overload. The actor schtick got old fast and his affect on Bumblebee was just blatant recycling of his character arc from Transformers: Prime involving Megatron. The Cyclone Mini-Cons were also annoying, too, so it didn't help when they teamed up with him.

I am also frustrated that Strongarm and Fixit feel, at least to me, like they've backtracked in character and become too one-note. I can't bring myself to dislike them, though. Fortunately, this show does have a lot of likable characters, from Autobots to humans to a good chunk of the Decepticons.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Strongarm; Way too selfish and throws dumb temper tantrums yet gets mad at others for doing so.
    Zizza; Annoyed me to the point where I just couldn't take it anymore.
    Tricerashot; Self centered, egotistical, jerk, who is extremely rude to those who aren't Mini-Cons. Lacks all moral until his change near the end.

10. ThePendulum

ThePendulum Active Member

Basically I hate the main characters except Fixit. Hate Optimus because he's boring.

Hate most Decepticons for being a cardboard stand.

Russell feels a bit random for an uptight guy.

11. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Honestly I can't bring myself to hate any of the characters in RiD 2015 because of how "meh" they all are.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Predakingsley

Predakingsley "Round up the usual suspects."

I know most of you will hate me for this but overall, I hate every character in the show. In fact I hate the show in its entirety. I find the entire main Autobot cast to be dumb, stereotypical and annoying (ironic since I like Animated Bumblebee a lot more than nuRiD Bumblebee). All Decepticons (even Starscream and Soundwave) to be the same, I enjoy the Animated Decepticons a lot more including Megatron (a personal favourite). I really, really hate all of the humans (Russell is just too whiny), and I hate Megatronus' characterisation in this (personally enjoy his Covenant of Primus depiction more). So basically, I am more of an Animated fan than this. Is that a problem?

Everyone should be entitled to their own opinions regardless of what other people think, and if I hate nuRiD then that is my choice, not anyone else's. If you wish to enjoy watching this then that is yours.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  13. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't hate anyone on the show, but there's no one stands out as a character that I like or hate.

Everyone is just ok nothing great or flat out awful to a point that I have to turn off the tv

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

All the characters are so bland. None of them have any quirks or traits that make them stand out, or that make them particularly likable for that matter.

I kind of can't stand Strongarm, and I can tolerate Sideswipe even less. Fixit and Russell are annoying. Grimlock and Bumblebee are just "eh." The Decepticons are all so prosaic that I don't even remember which one is which.

So much wasted potential.

15. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

I like all the characters in the show. Only one I ever down right hated is Crazybolt. Him and that crazy catchphrase he kept shouting. Ugh.
    Bumblebee doesn't do that anymore. That was only season 1, since then he has settled for "Rev Up and Rollout!"

16. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I honestly don't really hate anyone.

Except Windblade. I like the idea of a magical girl transformer, but forcing a rivalry with Strongarm and making her good at literally everything makes her real hard to like.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Spring-load. He's annoying, obsessive, and not that great. He always has really stale and overused jokes also.

18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Since this is more about personality than design...

Filtch. The other three crow Decepticons even though they aren't that smart still seemed more like actual crimals where as Filtch seems more just like a mentally challenged person who isn't even aware that she's ever committed any crimes. It's not really that I hate her just that the way the Autobots treat her like a normal Decepticon when she's not even smart enough to know any better made me hate the Autobots.

The three Crow brothers were also after shiney things but they showed the ability to plan their crimes, spoke in more complete sentences, and the way they reacted to the Autobots showed they knew what they were doing was wrong. Non of which was shown when Filtch was on the show. They made her so dumb that treating her like a criminal just felt wrong.

Also the frog guy whose name I can't remember right now. He's just a crazy guy looking for a lost city that no one else even beleaves exists in the first place. He only seems to attack when the Autobots get in his way, if they just left him alone he wouldn't hurt anyone. It would make more sense if the city was real and there was some dangerous weapon there they were trying to protect but since no one thinks it's real why even bother with that guy who isn't a threat to anyone?

We're suppose to hate the Decepticons, they're the bad guys but this series often makes me hate the heroes because the villains aren't actually doing anything bad. A villain doesn't need to just be pure evil but it's like the writers for this series don't know how to write for a simpathetic bad guy. Maybe they should hire the writers who came up with Mr. Freeze's back story in the 90's. Hell even King Tut in the 60's was better written than these characters. Batman has a lot of these types of villains and they've never made me hate Batman. But every time this series tries to make a Decepticon that isn't just pure evil they make me hate the Autobots. They still need a good reason to be fighting even if the bad guys aren't truly evil otherwise you make the heroes look evil. I should not be questioning the morals of the Autobots.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Joeis4Jord4n

Joeis4Jord4n Well-Known Member

Springload, Slicedice, Steeljaw, Clampdown and Overload.

20. Slingshot

Slingshot Headmaster

News Credits:
    Overload and Strongarm. Everyone is great.