RiD will improve.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I know some of the RiD toys seem to be a drop in engineering, show accuracy, etc. but some are a vast improvement over their predecessors, some are on pretty equal footing, and some are as many people say: a drop in quality.

I feel however, that many of the brand new designs in RID are great, like Wheeljack, Soudnwave, Knockout, and Ratchet. They may have been designed prior to the new versions of the FE molds actually!

But I have hope for RiD. The more I see of the toys, the more I want them, and think less of passing on them. Also, the toys I do pass on I know I am not missing anything, as better molds will inevitably come out. A third Bumblebee is probably in the works as we speak and he may be better than the FE Bee!

So keep your hopes up. This lines is still young, and first wave toys are not often the strongest. We still have the finalized versions of Voyager Screamer and Skyquake to see, as well as the final painted version of Knockout, and there are Airachnid and Breakdown toys in the pipeline too!

Since Prime has such a small cast, Hasbro will make many toys of each character, in varying levels of show accuracy, playability, etc. Also, the RiD subline may be temporary, and another "batch" of Prime toys may follow it.

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    It's supposed to be the new "main" line. I've no reason to think it won't improve. Heck, they may even reintroduce the FE molds somewhere (no sense just losing them), or come up with even better ones. There will be more Optimus Prime molds and Bumblebees for sure (except many will be thankful for it this time).

We'll also have the marvelous cyberverse figures. Hope we get to see great stuff at Botcon!

3. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I don't think anyone (in significant numbers, at least) are concerned about that, it's the ones we know about that they've got issue with. It's the whole "being shown great versions of molds, then getting ones that are mediocre at best."

We know the designers can do great work, and we know that the new character RiD molds are great.

That said, trusting new, better molds of existing characters to come out is a little bit foolish, I think. I think the idea of them making a third Cliffjumper is highly unlikely, for example. And them releasing the first mold is pretty inconsistent with their actions thus far.

Them not using the original molds makes more sense than them deciding not to use them, going through the trouble of making new molds, and then still going back and rereleasing the originals anyway. Whatever their reasons for going with the RiD molds are, there's no reason to think that they're going to change.

4. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope you're right.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Also, I really hope they find a way to release those Arms Micron toys over here. They look really cool, especially the gecko one.

6. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Oh my god I want them so hard.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You missed the point.

I see very little bashing of the RiD line as a whole. Certainly not informed bashing. Sure there is the usual "the figures got smaller" and "I hate electronics" complaints, but I don't see many complaints about Wheeljack and Soundwave. Even Megatron isn't that hated.

However, BB and CJ are truly mediocre toys at best. Unfortunately, they can be easily compared to their less-available First Edition molds, making them seem downright abominable by comparison. Ditto for the light-up Voyagers having to follow exceptionally engineered gimmick-less pieces of the same characters.

No one is saying that the RiD line shouldn't exist at all. What some of us are saying is that we don't care to have our pre-orders dropped and then get berated for not wanting to buy inferior (to us) toys of the same characters.