RID wheels on Classics Cars?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

Woulda put this in customs but they wanted a photo...which I dont need for a question >.>

Is it possible to remove the rubber tires and wheels from RiD cars?

I was checking their scale today and noticed with some slight modifications, you could essentially put them on Sideswipe and Maybe Silverstreak. The Wheels on RiD Prowl Specifically look like authentic Lambo Rims and would look sweet on Sunstreakers/Sideswipe and give the classics the much needed Rubber tires.

How do you remove wheels on TF? Heat up the pin?

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    got pics?

jk...its possible, but i'm not sure how...those guys would probably know a lot more then i would...just take a quick pic and show them...

3. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Yup, its possible

As you said, the common and best method is to heat up the pin with a soldering iron. Be careful though to prevent any damage to the rim and dont forget to remove the rubber tires before doing any kind of work (also keep in mind RiD tires are known to crack rather easily)

When i made my Dragstrip custom from Classics Mirage, i swaped the tires from a Ford GT Roadbot (another good source for parts & rubber tires)

4. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

Crack eh? thats odd, I have a whole slew of RID cars for parts and all the tires are mint. Maybe I am lucky dunno. I am gonna keep my eyes open...but I do believe that the classics need rubber tires!

5. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :useless 

6. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Same for me, then again i kept my figures on package... although ive used different Prowls over the years for my Stunticons experiments without further problems