RID Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shipley, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    I was thinking today, RID was the ONLY Tf series not to at least mention Unicron.

Since the entire series took place on earth, what defense if any could the RID Cybertron have put up against Unicron? Do you think he even existed in that continuity?

Boy I love thinking about RID. its such unexplored territory. It really needs its own comic book to go after the show and flesh out the dozens of characters from the line that never got in the animation.

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    RID was totally untapped potential. Imagine Fortress Maximus fighting Unicron with the big ass sword.

3. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Myself, Tony Bacala, and Don Figueroa, as a crew, attempted that. We got what we thought was a genuine interest but a "not right now" response from Chris Ryall.

Until we learned that everyone else got the same response from him who pitched ideas.

They said they'd rather re-introduce the line rather than continue a story.

4. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Given that the series was rewritten rather than translated for the dub, we can't be sure Unicron went entirely unmentioned. Mabey when all the fansubs are out we'll know for sure.

But to look it over

G1 Unicron appears in the movie and is refferenced throughout season 3.

HM, MF, Victory, Zone Don't really know but those are extensions of G1 so we'll say yes by association.

BW Late season 1
    BM Rattrap mentions "Now that Megatron has turned himself into a floating tribute to Unicron."

Armada yup
    Energon Damn yeah
    Cybertron aftermath of Unicron

Not sure about comics. I lost touch after G2

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of the features I liked best about RID was that there wasn't any Unicron invloved in the story. It was like the pre-Movie Transformers again.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'll fill in the "Unicron watch" on these shows.

Headmasters - never mentioned, his floating head isn't even shown in orbit over Cybertron for the handful of episodes they're there.
    Masterforce - not watched it all yet, but I somehow doubt he gets a namecheck.
    Victory - the same.
    Zone - definately not. The closest we get is Violenjaeger, but he is more of a Quintesson-like figure, even though he did bring back some of the dead Transformers, like Black Zarak.
    Return of Convoy - the early drafts and initial catalgoues had the return of Unicron, but later he was switched out to a similarly-powered character named Dark Nova, for all intents and purposes he was another of Unicrons 'race'.
    Operation Combination - no real plot, but what was told in TV Magazine all focused on a battle on Earth between Guard City and the Decepticon Jet Army.
    Generation 2 was the same, Unicron was well out of the picture. It was all focused on the pre-movie style, pretty much.

The G2 comics may mention Unicron but he certainly never showed up since it follows on from the last of the G1 comics where Unicron was permanently destroyed, possibly with Primus too.

Essentially, the Japanese G1 follows the idea that Unicron died and stayed more or less dead after the movie, so he is "present" in the continuity, but he never shows up since he's dead. Same goes for the G2 comics.

7. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Well hopefully they'll give it a shot in Evolutions or something. I'm not asking for an ongoing, just a one shot to get fans reacting.

the Dreamwave RIDvsBW thing has been settled now and a BW series has come out... and it frankly wasn't that good. Now lets do RID. Stories could be on par with the Giffen / DeMatteis Justice League, I'm sure.