RID through Movie...cards worth anything?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    so ive got mounds of cardboard that are really driving me insane... and i always told myself about how much they would add to the value if i ever decided to sell, and now its just driving me NUTS!!! ive got so much crap....so, are any boxes worth any decent amounts? or should i just trash it all? or should i put it all on ebay in big lots based on series and bot/con...

2. Lumpy

News Credits:
    um...nothin?

3. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt they'd be worth much, if anything.

4. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    worth burning on a cold nite along with other combustible materials. that is about it.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

today? no, 10 years from now? yes, just like any g1 card is today.

6. taz235

taz235 Well-Known Member

How many are you talking?

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    every original figure from rid through the movie....so far the only things that really stand to help are boxes for rarer figures, like e beachcomber, or cyb leobreaker....but nothing else really seems like its that important. and i do love the profiles on the back, but if i keep them, i should cut them out, and organize them in a folder. but even now, its not really that important, i can always go online to find that info....but then again, if i did all that work, someone might want to buy them from me....

and ive always wanted to take all the character art from the boxes and make a big collage for each series, but even that just doesnt seem like its something i want to invest the time in.....it'd be cool, just take awhile...

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Keep them for the art, not the value. I cut the bubbles off them and store them in 3-ring binders in the bin with the toys. I keep instructions in there too, so it's all in one spot and portable. And easily found should I want to sell.

In my recent BW auctions, I've noticed a little better price if I have the card. A decade seems to be the time period that packaging starts to be a factor in adding to toy value.

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Cards or boxes for anything fetches a premium, no matter how slight. I don't keep the cards for deluxes, but I do everything else.

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i totally get rid of the bubble...i realized right away that would be insane to try to manage...and i am in the process of selling stuff now, which is why im going through everything and getting a headache from cardboard....and i do mostly keep my instructions organized...they're in bags by series....which means rummaging through them if i need it, but mostly i dont worry about it....