RiD; the collection is complete

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Psychrome86, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

i recently purchased a loose JRX in perfect condition. this addition completes my collection of all the new molds that were originally made for the line. the rest are all RiD releases but it's a happy feeling to see them all together. i almost want to watch the old show again but i remember how bad it was all too well.

anyway while transforming these guys again it made me think about when we were making the transition from beast machines to RiD. these toys were so different than what we were getting the previous 4 years. i wanted trans tech so much to be a reality after seeing some of those designs but in a way i'm glad we had these. i don't exactly call them shellformers because i enjoy how they transform. the look of them all is pretty unique in my view. compared to the handful i toys i have from armada and one from energon and cybertron i prefer these guys more.

they also share the same scale problems that g1 had which to me is the best homage for those people that look for them. where else do you get a dodge viper the same size as a train and a dumptruck? or for that matter a fire truck bigger than a train. hehe. good stuff.

on a side note, another thing i liked about the line was being able to get the BM toys that never made it while bm was around. bruticus, supreme optimus primal, and megabolt megatron are all great toys in my opinion. i still wish bruticus had a better color scheme though. oh well.

how do you guys feel about the line? it seems it's the only line to last no more than a year, save for machine wars.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have a complete RID set with a good selection of CR Transformers. I love the line too as it brought back the Autobots and Decepticons. Soon I'll be getting the RID episodes on DVD from Amazon UK. I'm looking forward to watching the shows again. It's also the only Transformers series with no mention of Unicron. I also appreciate TFW2005 for it's "RID Forever" site. :D 

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I love the line, and I like the show. (though I have to skip all the annoying parts) The figures are awesome. Hasbro deffinately needs to reissue the Bullet train molds. Ialso recommend you pick up Sky-byte, regardless if you have Cybershark or not.

The toys were some of the best we've gotten since BW, and before that crap-fest that was Armada. I really like Ultra Magnus and love Sky-byte and the Predacons. (Gas Skunk, Dark Scream, Slapper.)

4. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

Congratulations!
    Any chance to post some Pictures?

5. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i loved RID. its also my most complete collection.

i also found the guys that did Primes and Megs voices a nice change too/ we have been stuck on Chalk and Kay now for a long whlie and while their voices are great it is nice for a change.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'll share mine--I got all of the japanese cr autobots (imported them before we knew they'd be released here) and I think all of the other autobots released in the US.

[​IMG]

7. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    RiD never came to Scandinavia so I have no "feelings" for that line other than Brave Maximus whom I got to have some day.
    The toys look fair, but not really my deal.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Congrats!

I only have Omega Prime giftset and Stormjet.

9. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    watched the show on youtube and probably would have gotten into it back in the late 90s had it not for the constant comedy barrage from the predacons. But endureing though that there are some great episodes. Test of metal is my favorite with some great action and character development for wedge and the build team.

I just have 5 spychangers and the wal mart repaint build team. But If I get the opportunity I'd get the car brothers next.

10. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I've got an almost complete set of R.I.D figures. The only ones I'm missing are Skid-Z and Tow-Line. I need some of the Spychanger repaints too, but I've got the original ones.

I also need Fortress Maximus... I'm still so so so so pissed off at Hasbro for not releasing him in the U.S. (I'm trying to understand how a toy was safe in the 80's, but not in 2000 :yuck  )

But yeah, the R.I.D line is by far the best Transformers toyline. When you watch the show you can see that they transform EXACTLY like the toys (well for the most part... notable exceptions are the Spychangers and Decepticons) it's soooo cool.

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Laws changed. Brave Max fails the "drop test". Apparently he breaks into sharp pieces or somethiing like that. I'm not putting that to the test. :lol 

5.2 Drop Test:

5.2.1 Adjust the height of the drop platform:
    If the toy is for use by children under 3 years of age, adjust the height of the drop platform to 1.372 m (1.367 ± 0.005 m) above the impact surface. If the toy is for use by children 3 years of age or over, adjust the height of the drop platform to 0.914 m (0.909 m ± 0.005 m) above the impact surface.

5.2.2 Place the toy on the drop platform in an orientation most likely to cause damage and drop the toy onto the tile-covered concrete slab.
    Note: For battery-operated toys, the recommended batteries shall be in place during the drop test. If no specific type of battery is recommended, the heaviest battery that is generally available shall be used.

5.2.3 Inspect the toy for any damage that occurred as a result of the drop. If damaged, perform tests M00.1, M00.2 and M00.3 (tests for Small Components, Sharp Edges and Sharp Points respectively) on any detached part or component, or on any edge or point that has become exposed as a result of the drop. Discontinue drop testing on the damaged sample element if a non-compliance is observed. Place it aside for push/pull testing and proceed with drop testing the remaining sample elements.

5.2.4 If undamaged or if no non-compliance is observed, repeat steps 5.2.2 and 5.2.3 until a total of four (4) drops have been performed. If parts or components separate or detach before the last drop and no non-compliance is observed, place all pieces of the damaged toy back on the drop platform. Ensure to place the toy on the drop platform in a different orientation prior to each drop and ensure also that the sequence of drop orientation be varied for subsequent sample elements (i.e., if a drop in a particular orientation of a previous sample element caused a non-compliance, drop test the subsequent sample element using one of the remaining different drop orientations first to see if the toy could be damaged and expose a hazard upon impacting in a different orientation).

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/prod-test-essai/method/engin-ingen/m-01-1_e.html

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  12. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

You mean Brave Maximus........not Fortess Maximus.