RiD Spychangers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scythe, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Ever since the line of tiny 'bots came out, I don't know why I've never liked them. This, until recently when I acquired the Scourge and X-Brawn Spychangers.

Holy crud, these things are cool. I ordered Prime and Magnus also. I love the itty-bitty detail of Scourge, as well as the fact that his transformation is almost exactly the same as his normal sized counterpart.

X-Brawn hulks around his entire front end on his arm, but man he's fun to transform to-and-from.

These are just fun. Never would've imagined they'de be this fun.

Although I must gripe about the other spychangers. The ones that were never in the show. They don't seem to interest as many people as the actual characters from the series.

2. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    What you've got to remember about the spychangers at where actualy in the spychanger team in the show is that they where repaints of G2 toys, the Go-bot's, like Ruination which is a recolor of G1 Bruticus they don't hold up well compaired to the more modern recolored Beast Wars molds and the molds made for RID which have better detail and articulation.

3. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    The spychangers such as Crosswise or something like that? Those are the ones I'm talking about.

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm fairly certain that Crosswise was in the show. Was his Car Robot name X-Car? There are some recolours as well.

X-Brawn and Scourge are nicer because they are more complicated than the rest, but I like all Spychangers. Clear ones are cool, though I only have a couple.

5. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    i dig the Spychangers too, yup. i'm particularly fond of the recolored clear ones even though they're a bit of a pain to collect [i'm down to hunting down clear white Hot Shot and clear blue Ironhide].

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    All of the CR Spychangers were in the show. One thing to remember is that Car Robots was never meant for America, it was developed by Takara alone, who was re-using molds, most of which were never released in Japan to keep costs down, so they only had to engineer a few toys from scratch. (Fire Convoy, the Car Bros, God Magnus, JRX, Build King and Gigatron), the rest were from the Haskara archives, a cheap and effective way to do a line.

Then when Hasbro picked it up to become RiD, they engineered some extra figures, like the main character Spychangers.

And yes, Spychanger Scourge is cool, especially as he and the others are scalled properly to Brave Maximus.

7. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I loves me some spychangers. I have a .35 thrift store Prowl2 to thank for that. They are just total fun. I especaly like the ones that can store thier weapon in alt mode.

8. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I didn't like them at first and skipped them when RID was released. Eventually Hasbro released them with "Tiny Tins" and I collected them then. They aren't bad but I think Minicons are better.

9. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Ah, I don't remember Crosswise being in the show. Hmm, awesome!

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I was a big, big fan of the Optimus/Magnus/Scourge/Brawn group and wished they made more like that. Really nice sculpting and engineering for $5 toys.

11. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Those were great.

12. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    I LOVE THE SPYCHANGERS, way better than mincons, they FEEL like gobots to me (hasbro did well when they made the g2 gobot line)

the one that is prowl in g1 colors feels like that one gobot that turned into the police car in the first episode of gobots

I WANT MORE

13. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Couldn't find all of them in show colours. Funny when you aren't looking, they are everywhere :lol 

[​IMG]

Clear ones;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trivia; In the show, Spychangers are only slightly shorter than Car Robo Brothers. Their average height is 3.8m, while the tallest of the brothers, Wildride, is 4.3m tall.
    In my other fave show, BW Neo, the characters are set to be much shorter. Big Convoy is shorter than a Spychanger, at 3.2m :lol 
    (I know it probably doesn't make sense. I'm referring to the "kids' :p " books I have.)

14. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I love Spychangers/G2 Gobots....

[​IMG]

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    hey, scythe, if you want any of these guys, let me know, i'm selling them...and lastmaximal, i think you sent me a message before and i deleted it on accident...pm me again if you still need those two clear ones...

edit: clear mirage and clear ironhide

are those the two you need?

16. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:

17. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

If anyone who reads this thread has the 3 G2 Gobots from Japan let me know if you're looking to get rid of them....... Prime,Megatron ,and Soundwave they are ofcourse different then their US Versions.

18. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I love the Spychangers. They are an excellent size for interaction with city-bots.

[​IMG]

19. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Indeed, I've always thought so as well.

20. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    i... hate you.

help me. :D