RID: Slapper/Gas Skunk/Dark Scream.

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SPLIT LIP, Aug 31, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    An odd review, considering these figures are atleast six years old, but I love them so much, I had to voice my opinions!

SLAPPER

Beast mode: My second favorite beast form of the three. Slapper is a cyborg frog, primarily red with black plastic peices and silver and gold airbrush on the feet and back. A minor amount of light purple is found along the sides of his belly. Vacume metalized orange adorns the frog head with vac metalized green eyes and a vac metalized blue claw on the back.

The claw flips up on a black bar and is on a ball-joint, he is also armed with aspiked tounge. The sculpt is amazing, he is instantly recognized as a frog/toad, with warts and diodes covering his body. Mechanical details show through the skin as if torn away. these are especialy noticable on the back, where the gold brings them out nicely in light.

Slapper has 13 points of articulation, 10 of which are ball joints. Very good poses can be acheived. Overall, 10/10.

Robot mode. My favorite robot mode. Slapper reains all previous colours with a bit mor purple on the stomach and silver and green on the head. All his limbs are the same as his beast form so the poseability remains (albeit, more effective now) with the exception of the mouth joints which have been replaced with a ball jointed head.

Slapper has a very dynamic robot form. The top of the frog head and back wind up on his shoulders now, combined with his hunchback look and long arms make him seem realy buff and tough, while his slender limbs make him look very agile and limber. He is armed wth the same mace/tounge in robot mode (only hand-held) and also can be posed using his "Right laser" by lifting up the frog head and revealing the spark crystal. Overall, my favorite of all three, 10/10!

Next post will have Dark Scream's review.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    DARKSCREAM

Beast mode: My favorite beast mode. Dark Scream is a cyborg flying squirrel, and is sculpted appropriately. He is complete with adorable squirrely face, bushy tail (with not so bushy spikes in it) and squirrel feet and membrane. The bulk of the robotic bits and tail are vacume metalized light gold and and so are the most noticable.they have mechanicl switches, lights and thrusters in them, with serated edges.

In this mode, Screamer sports 8 points of articulation, only six of which are real, since in reality his arms would be fused to the membrane. (okay, his legs would be too, but hey, he's gotta walk sometime) I didn't count the tail because it only bends as part of his transformation. His colours are very eye-pleasing, with light blue being the base colour, and vac gold with red and silver details. Silver makes up the arms and tip of the tail. Overall, very cute while still looking menacing and pretty. 9/10.

Robot mode. In short, awesome. Dark Scream has a very huminoid form in this mode, with the membrane acting as wings. His face is a cross between a squirrel and a boxer's face, but it works. The chest has the spark crystal un-hidden right in the center. Poseability skyrockets in this form, coming to 11 balljoints and a rotateing waist. A new colour shows up, a dark purple/red for most of the face, chest and waist. Other than that, the colours remain the same as before. A neat feature carried over from Nightglider (the original use of the mold) is the small sword contained in the tail. this is a fun little weapon to goof around with. I noticed with mine, the arms pop off sometimes (not all the time) not sure if it's me. Overall, very nice in total, the inclusion of the sword really is nice. 9/10.

Gas Skunk's review will be posted next.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    GAS SKUNK

Beast mode.Gas Skunk is a stinker, not becuase of bad molding, design or quality, but because he is a skunk, a cyborg skunk. Though obvious by his name, Gas Skunk isn't asb skunk like as one might assume. His head is taller and longer and the forelegs are much bigger compared to a real skunk. Regardless, he is very nice looking. The singature skunk tail is present, aswell as a mix of organic claws and more mechanicl talons for the feet. Many robot bits shown up under neath the skunk skin and fur.

Gas Skunk's primary colour is black, as it should be, with silver along the back and on the claws. Vacume metalized silver is used on his sides and tail, aswell as vac metalized orange for tail details. Yellow is also a major colour. Yellow paint is used for mechanical details on the back. In this form, Gas skunk has 11 points of articulation, really twelve with his triple-jointed tail. Overall, very cool (and humourous) beast form. 8/10.

Robot mode. I have to say, Gas Skunk reminds me of a biker (or a club bouncer). He is very buff , with big thick arms and ripped chest, combined with his pony-tail (which used to be the skunk tail) and snarl on his face, he is impressive. Though they can be positioned however, I like to angle back the vac metalized side peices to futher emulate the biker look. Articulation has upped to 12 in this form.

The colours remain the same only now red (mask and chest details), green (chest details) and blue (eyes) appear. Open up the yellow panel on his arm to reveal his "Left Laser", or spark crystal. Overall, my least favorite, but that says nothing as all three of these guys are fantastic! 9/10!

And so ends my review, comments are welcome.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Good job, these guys are awesome. The RiD redecos are fantastic toys, and as none of these three ever made it to the UK in Beast Wars, I'm glad I snagged them when I saw this set. They're a great trio.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I've been thinking off and on about these guys. nice reviews, but as it stands, :useless 

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The TM2 Spittor/Slapper mold is easily one of my favourite basic molds. Excellent sculpt all around, a ton of personality, and a fun and interesting transformation.

I found Darkscream pretty underwhelming, although props for the sword + sheath deal going on. I just can't get behind the cyborg flying squirrel thing. Lacks a certain... oomph.

Gaskunk almost suffers the same alt. mode fate as Darkscream, except for the fact that he looks so cool in both modes.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They are nice toys, but with a few minor detail exceptions, I prefer the colors of the BW TM2 originals.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wow,Know i want these. I also hated Slapper's frog mode but know thanks to you splits i want them.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Transmetal 11's have a certain love/hate thing about them. It's easy to see why some people don't like them, but for others the same reason for hateing is why they love them. I personally think Dark Scream's colour makes the mold, as Nightglider's orange and dark blue didn't work well.

If anyone wants specific pictures for scale or whatever, you can ask me. But for more detailed and clear galleries you can check the links below:

Dark Scream
    Gas Skunk
    Slapper

I've really fallen in love with RID (both show, and toys) and getting these three was just a huge thing for me, as they were my favorite characters.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Stinkbomb and Spittor (who would become Gas Skunk and Slapper) are two of my favorite TM2s (a very short list, as I generally don't care for freaky-bots). Nightglider/Dark Scream never clicked with me.

11. Joe1

Joe1 Well-Known Member

yeah, you can't resist good ol' stinky