RID Sky-byte.

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SPLIT LIP, Sep 13, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well, I did one for the Predacon 3-pack, it's only fair I do one for MY FAVORITE TRANSFORMER EVER!!!!

And now, without further delay:

Beast mode:

In Beast mode, Sky-byte is a great white shark. As with most Predacons, Sky-byte is techno-organic, as he basicaly looks like a robot shark wearing a shark-skin suit that's a size too small for him. He is covered in amazingly done robotic bits such as, tubes, button, diods, lights and wires. He also has a layered plating look underneath his skin. Overall, the mold is and excellent representation of what it is, a robot-cyborg shark of death, but it's the colours that really bring these details to life.

He is a stunning masterpeice of colour and engineering, which really makes the figures of today look horrible. Vacume metalized blue is used for the back and dorsal fin. Very dark translucent blue makes up his tail, fins, and backside. Vac metalized silver is used on the gills. His belly, teeth and lower Jaw are white, with yellow here and there. All the mechanical details are painted silver with buttons and lights painted green, yellow and red.

Sky-bye has three points of articulation in this form including the jaw. Not very poseable but he can pull off some of the funny poses he does in the show. He has a "Vehicle mode", but it's pretty un-exciting with the exception of the missles comeing out of the mouth. (As if those jaws weren't deadly enough!)

Overall, I have to give him a 10/10. He's just to well done to deserve anything less. Combined with his antics in the show, he's very fun to mess around with and amazing display.

Robot mode:

This is where the figure shines! Sky-byte looks fantastic in Robot mode. He's very imposing with his broad shoulder pads, giant chest and humongous anchor arm, watch out! He's also very lean which adds to his sleek, agile look while still looking like he could tear a robot in half! Sky-byte's face is also impressive. His has a big chin with a snarl/grin on his face. The shark's tail ends up on the left arm and the dorsal fin winds up on his head. This doesn't look bad though, as it fits well with his overall look.

Sky-byte's Spark Crystal (Tsunami blaster) is on his chest, which has one half looking like a very organic, stylized shark face (complete with teeth!), while the other side is a more mechanical looking shark. Sky-byte has 16 points of articulation is this form, which allow him to pull off some very nice poses!

Some new colours appear in this form. Light mettalic blue on the organic side of the chest, with pink eyes for both. More pink is found on the belly and eyes of the robot. Some more silver and yellow also show up. Sky-byte has a very neat gimmick involving his anchor arm, which spins if you rotate the little dial on his elbow. If that fails, he also has a hand-hel missle launcher. Overall, 10/10.

Total score: 10/10.

If you can, get this guy, even if you have his hideous predessor, Cybershark, get him anyway. Especially if you have the Predacon 3-pack.

Sky-byte gallery.

2. blitzwingfan94

blitzwingfan94 Vikings are the bomb!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice review split lip!

3. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I love your avatar. :lol 

4. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Something I forgot to ask to anyone who knows more about him. Is the missle launcher able to sit in his mouth with the missles in it? I tried but I'm not sure I did it right.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Haven't tried that, but I think it can. It will be a close fit though. And the moment you open the jaws, the missiles will shoot out of the mouth.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    This is correct, I had my TM Cybershark (when I had him) like that.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I need to find the missing fin for my TM Cybershark... One of the better BW figs I have.

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Do yourself a favor and track down Sky-byte. If you have any remote interest in Cybershark you'll love him!

9. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Is the head any different? That's really the only reason I'd take points away from Cybershark...

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Skybyte is a straight repaint.

11. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Then my (now) complete Cybershark is fine... I don't really do straight repaints.

Now I know the rest of my missing BW parts are in the couch... It's just a matter of where...

12. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

the Takara version (Gelshark) is the exact same great figure plus clear blue plastic parts instead of opaque blue.

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    XD...I wish I had a magic couch like that.

14. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    No you don't... I had to sift through a whole bunch of lint, foam, old candy, trash, and plastic coins and all I got was the fin and TM Tarantulus's weapon.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Trust me, Sky Byte is far more impressive than a straight repaint. I got him after owning Cybershark for a while and he completely blows Cybershark away. The sheer amount of painted details on him is mind boggling. He's truly the best repainted Transformer I have ever owned.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sky-byte still has clear blue parts just like Gelshark, only his are a little more opaque. (Most evident on the arm, fins and tail)
    Cybershark's colours are shit compared to this. Honestly, it feels like you have two different figures.

17. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    If I can track down one for cheap, then I'll get it... I'm really surprised there's only one on eBay now... (I'd buy it, but shipping cost isn't listed...)

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's ridiculous how good the deco is on this guy, from the blue fade along the shark's back, to all the little tiny tech details receiving individual drops of colour, to just the general usage of plastic colours. The translucent blue and pearlescent white look fantastic.

19. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I was still in middle school when I got him for my birthday so I had no idea how well-done his paint job was.

But now that I'm slightly older I really appreciate how detailed the figure is...although now a lot of the chrome is rubbing off and a fin snapped at the peg...but it wasn't his fault.

The only gripe I have is how turning the sides to make the shoulders can be sort of frustrating at times.

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I find, if you let the headbase, arms and all just hang right down at a 45 degree angle from the chrom blue back, it gives you much more room to swing them around.

Guess the TFU.info guy just gave up trying on his.:lol