Heavy/Scratch: RID Sideburn mod/fan mode

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ErickCruz, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    OK so here's something i worked up the past few weeks. Eventually i plan on doing a full figure repaint but right now all i did was dry brushed black ink (didnt have shoe polish) to accentuate the detail. Sorry i dont have the best camera phone or lighting setup so i couldnt get in real close for details shots so i apologize for that, but anyway on with the show!

[​IMG]
    So off the bat from what you can see here i did some partsforming. I removed the shoulder pad/front end and moved/pegged it to the projectile gun/exhaust thingy. Kinda bookending the gun since the rear of the car makes up for part of the gun. Not the best idea but i really wanted to remove it from his shoulder and free up movement up there. Still have the ball joint there but i think i might chop it off. i dont plan on displaying the figure in other than robot mode, so.

[​IMG]
    The other big change i made is i swapped the hood/door panels around, enabling the doors to flare out over his shoulders just like the G1 cars a la Jazz, Prowl, etc etc. You can see in this next shot from the back how it worked out
    [​IMG]
    Ideally i would prefer if the flames were facing forward (i just recently tried it and will show this later) but now that i think about it this gives it something to highlight what would otherwise be a bland backside. So i think ill keep it this way for now.
    The hood/fenders jut out at an angle and the edge of the door hinges would be a few mm away frm touching the shoulders, though you can totally have them touch the figure and not be some cumbersome.
    This is how far away the backpack is without having it angled
    [​IMG]

You can totally move the backpack into different position, like here in this next pic they are moved high above
    [​IMG]
    this is done just by pushing the backpack up againt his back
    [​IMG]
    Didnt quite like that look since it "flattens out" the doors and what we would see is the hollow shell of the hood.
    If you dont like them high you can slide them down low
    [​IMG]

But personally i prefer the look of the first mode
    [​IMG]
    And now for some blurry detail shots lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dont know if this figure is notorious or not for loose joints, mine after all these years developed heavy limb jiggle but after applying nail polish to stiffen the joints he can hold up his blaster and shield with no issues
    [​IMG]
    So there it is, hope you guys enjoyed the show, please comment and let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. ErickCruz

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So here's the other mode i did, i call the Butterfly Wings
    Edit: forgot to mention that for this look the hood/door panels are in the standard configuration
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks for looking!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ErickCruz

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    One more fan mode. Removed the roof/shield from his arm and hung it from his back (just slotted it between the door-wings) and plopped the front end behind his head with the headlights facing forward. IMO I think this looks the best so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

by the way, how do you add the preview image on the left when viewing all the threads?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018