rid series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by brollicon, Dec 20, 2008.

1. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

does anyone know if there is any news on rid series being on dvd

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    No news on RiD getting a DVD release in the US. They are only available on DVD in Europe as of now.

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

If I'm right Sony owns the rights to the serries in the U.S. and their not interested in releasing it.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think Disney has the rights to the dub, through their acquisition of Saban. Not sure exactly where it lies. One of those complicated ones.

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I should have said "distribution rights" not that I fully understand the difference myself.

Its my understanding that while Disney picked up the rights to the material Sony retained the DVD distribution rights.

But I could be wrong.

Either way their arent any real plans for a U.S. DVD release.

6. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you have a multi region dvd player a complete series set of RID came out in the uk a week or 2 ago for about £20 which is pretty cheap and i think you could get it from amazon. Most recent dvd players can be set to multi region using the remote and a certain button combination. If you search google for your dvd players name followed by multi region hack "eg. Philips dvdr3480 multi region hack" you might find that your player has a hack for all regions. Also if you have a dvd drive in your pc and are really! careful you could change its firmware from RCP-2(region locked) to RCP-1(multi region) which would allow for multi region playback though your PC. To find the firmware google your pc dvd drives name (eg. nec n1300) plus RPC1 firmware you might find it.