RiD Scourge or Black Convoy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Haloid1177, Oct 18, 2009.

1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^This! :D 

2. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I might fight the PP01B myself... it wasn't until I preordered that and started looking into Nemesis Primes and realized there was a badass looking black and chrome tanker out there that I needed to own.

I was thinking PP01B could face off against my PP01/Faith and my Black Convoy can face off against my Classics Prime.

BC will probably spend most of his time in truck mode though.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Either one is rad.

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

BC is going to tear OP a "new one". Classics OP is scrawny looking when compared to BC. BC is almost as tall and almost as wide as Armada Megatron.

5. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

No kidding? So BC is probably more Ultra Class than Voyager? Sounds awesome. I'm really glad I ordered this guy.

Any idea if he can hold Classics Prime's gun? Show accurate or not I was going to give him the extra/bonus G1 gun that's coming with my iGear Nemesis Leader. The gun is just a little bit big for Voyager Classics Prime (peg is perfect, but gun barrel is a little long), so it might be a perfect fit for Scourgy. Or Nemesis or whatever.

What is this guy's actual name? Scourge or Nemesis Prime?

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Classics Nemesis can hold Scourge's sword, so I guess Scourge can hold Classic Prime's gun.

He is Scourge (Hasbro) in Robots in Disguise and Black Convoy in its Japanese counterpart, Car Robot.

Congrats on him! You'll be opening him right away I hope? :D 

7. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Thanks. I'm sticking with Scourge. The whole "Big Convoy" and "Black Convoy" stuff sounds weird to me. It's like saying, "Hello, I am Truck.. nice to meet you Small Car."

You bet I'll be opening him right away! The stuff I don't open for a while is usually stuff that I bought because it was on sale. Can't wait for this guy to arrive!

8. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't mind "~ Convoy" until Galaxy Force, but I can imagine it might sound weird to English speakers :) 

I've just checked the gun, it fits nicely. Hope you'll post some pics!

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Definitely. I can't compare to you light box guys who take such good photos, but I do like to take a lot of my own.

..and if there are any other RiD toys that are must haves; I'm open for suggestions. Thanks.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gah. Stop making me want this toy again.

That's a lie. I want to see pics with the gun and next to Faith Leader. :p 

I actually like the Nemesis Prime bio better. Scourge has a cool backstory, but Straxus makes everything better.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Well, the robot itself* is not Ultra Class. I have mine standing next to Universe Onslaught, and Onslaught is much taller. However, Classics Prime is on the short side for a Voyager, and Scourge has very broad shoulders, so he looks a lot more hefty when placed next to Prime.

* I say "the robot itself," because when you take the toy as a whole, with the trailer, it's more like a Leader Class.

I believe I already gave you a thorough answer to that question

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ou-prefer-your-nemesis-prime.html#post4820208

But, to give you "long story short" version, RiD is it's own continuity, it has nothing to do with G1. Scourge is an RiD-exclusive character, and thus, that is who he officially is. However, his color scheme became so popular, that Hasbro made a G1 (Classics/Alternators) character named Nemesis Prime who is heavily based on RiD Scourge.

However, as the RiD series is very short and silly, I use my own Scourge as Nemesis Prime so he can hang out with my Classics.

12. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I have both and I really can't recomend one over the other. They are both great. My only gripe with Black Convoy is that his trailer had scratches int he chrome right out of the box where Scourge did not.

13. Megatronwp38

RID Optimus Prime and Magnus are tops! Rail Racer is as well.

14. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Here are some pics of Black Convoy next to Classics OP. God, I love both of these toys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just tried Black Convoy's gun on Classics OP. It fits like a new glove.

I'm calling mine Black Convoy. Since you don't like that name, I'd say go with Nemesis Prime.

Rail Racer aka JRX is a great toy. If it weren't for badly engineered knee joints I'd say it's a must have toy/toys.

Optimus Vader, since were discussing about other RID/CR must have toys, can I suggest a pair of toys that are also a must have, though they are not RID/CR toys? Them toys being G2 Dreadwing and Smokescreen or any other incarnation of that pair.

15. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    he fits in pretty well with the classics line.

16. Megatronwp38

Which figures knees? Midnight Expresses seem to be weak, the other two seem ok. I think for what you get it's an outstanding set. One of the best "Official" combiners release by Hasbro IMO.

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, that's kinda the problem. Midnight Express's legs are Railracer's. In my experience, Midnight Express (or J-7) have fairly loose thigh swivels. They're good enough for Midnight Express, but once you add on the full combination weight, those swivels start to buckle.

They really need some superglue to tighten them up.

18. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Yes, you did. Thanks. I shouldn't have said "actual" name. I got that part thanks to your explanation the other day. I guess what I meant was that it seems like all "Nemesis" Prime paths lead back to RiD Scourge/BC. You kind of said that too, but after doing a little more reading myself it sure does seem like he is THE granddaddy Nemesis Prime; or the O.N. (Original Nemesis).

Is the RiD Magnus the same as Takara's God Magnus (pretty sure it is)? I just checked that out, and yeah that is pretty damn cool. $35 at BBTS. I need to relax for a minute here with my spending, but that might be a near future purchase.

Yeah, they definitely look pretty cool next to each other. I hung these small floating shelves all over my man-cave (play room); these two guys will get one. Thanks for the pics. Everyone- you'll see a lot more of those two TF's together in about a week.

Always open for suggestions. There were years of TF toys being made that I didn't follow. I'll check those two out.

Edit: I had to add that the mirror like chest windows and shoulder pieces are pretty damn awesome.

19. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I must be one of the few that watched Car Robots through in Japanese and then promptly skipped "RID."

Black Convoy (Which is who he will always be to me), was by FAR my favorite part of the series, and frankly (again betraying my history with the series), I think he looks ridiculous with the Decepticon emblems, I LOVE the Combatatron "Anti-Autobot" logo and concept so much.

When RID came out in the states, I snagged a "Scourge" as well, and promptly covered up his Decepticon badges with Vehicon logos (I was still high on BMechs, and had already had my CarRobots fix), and never looked back.

End of the day, it's a near-perfect mold (My custom-painted Laser-Prime is still one of my FAVORITE Optimus/Convoy toys ever!), and you just can't go wrong!

D/L

20. Megatronwp38

Yup, it's the same guy. He's a great figure, and pretty complex toy. IF you get him, you have to Get Prime/ Fire Convoy to go with him so you can combine them into Omega Prime, which is HUGE and a neat figure.

Funny that you are going over RID toys right now because I finally transfered the series from my laptop to DVD a few nights ago and have been watching it and wanting to dig out my RID Toys.