RiD Scourge or Black Convoy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Haloid1177, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    You will not be sorry for picking this figure up,I got mine when he was first released in RID and I've loved him every since.

2. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I have the Japanese version and he is awesome!!!

I'm curious about the other version though.I know he has some pretty cool looking dark red eyes and all that jazz but what else is different?

I'd love to get that version too but I cant find him for sale anywhere either.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I prefer Scourge myself, for the deeper red translucent parts and Decepticon symbols, but like others said there's really no wrong answer here.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Scourge.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I actually replaced the Decepticon symbols on his shoulders with actual Decepticon symbol decals. The white outline around them doesn't make them look good on the RiD verision, so that's not a selling point for me. The deeper red plastic makes the difference for me. If you don't care about the difference in hue between versions, I don't think there's much for me to say to you. I've owned both, but sold my CR version simply because I didn't need two.

As many have said in this thread, it's a great toy. I'll add that it's one of my absolute favorites. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do when you get it :)  HINT HINT

6. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I bought Scourge 1st, I loved him so much I bought all his mold brothers. Laser Convoy, E-Hobby Ultra Magnus and Black Convoy. So what I'm saying, get both if you can. If you can't you will be happy with either choices.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was lucky enough to snag a RiD Scourge at TRU when he first came out, and never regretted it.
    He is awesome because:

He is sturdy as hell- he's really kid friendly as opposed to a few other RiD toys.
    Poseable to no end.
    Great color scheme
    Simple transformation, but not GOBOTS easy.
    His trailer/base is neat, though i consider it his weakest aspect. The air cannon gimmick is bulky and takes away from the aesthetic.

You still readin', kid? go get him!
    and as others said, CR or RiD, get what you can afford and enjoy it!

8. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You should get Black Convoy, I really think that the metallized stickers look a looong way better than the normal stickers on RID Scourge, and the Combatron insignias on the discs are perfect and very different to the "pizzas" on RID Scourge.

9. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to agree! He still looks great next to any classic and to be honest he's one of my fav figs of all time. The Colors and everything about him just works.
    I have to say Black Convy or Scourge really own's this mold. Its not Optimus Prime at all. When ever I see him, even next to Classic Nemisis Prime he Stands out as Scourge or Black Convoy to me.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is well said, my friend :thumb 

In the spring of 2000 I believe, I went to a toy show. A dealer had a loose/complete Laser Prime for $15. After I bought it, my best friend and I were walking to the parking lot talking about how cool everything was. I still remember saying, "This is such an awesome toy, but there are two things I'd like to see done to it: the whole mold painted black, and make it a Decepticon!" I'm glad someone over in Takara's office could hear so well, and that they decided to add the teal to the mold. Black Convoy/Scourge is still to date one of my favorite characters and toys. EVAH! :) 

11. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Get the cheaper one. You won't know about the differences unless you buy the other one anyways.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    My vote is for Scourge. IMO the Dark red parts and real Decepticon insignias are far superior to the pink and upside down G2 Autobot insignias on Black Convoy.

13. SCOURGE33

SCOURGE33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I own 2 Scourge and I'm glad I have them both love the deep red of the clear plastic even if the sword ain't sharp it's a miner detail. I was lucky enough to get one at TRU when he came out but the other one set me back a bit but worth the price.

14. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I just ordered the CR/Black Convoy version from Toy Arena. I didn't know this toy existed until about a week ago, but this old thread helped me decide which version I "needed" to own. I went with the CR version over the RiD/Scourge version mainly because of the upside down G2 logo. It's different.. I like it.

The Black Convoy is currently $45 at Toy Arena. The only place I saw Scourge was on eBay and it was a little too pricey.

15. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

$45? Is that for the figure only, or a total price including shipping?

I noticed that every year, whenever a thread like this crops up, CR Black Convoy goes up in price for like 5 bucks.

Anyway, I bought mine loose, for $45 shipped, last year. Can't say I'm sorry. On the contrary, I think it was one of my best buys in the last 3 years.

16. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

$45 + shipping ($56 total for cheapest Fedex option).

I have no clue if that's a good price or not, but a lot better than $80 for the US version on eBay.

BBTS has BC listed for $40, but none in stock.

17. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Toy Arena has one the best prices on BC, so paying $45 for a MISB one is good. It's maybe 5 bucks more than usual, as like I said, the price on BC has been going up $5 each year since I looked at buying it about 2 years back. It was being sold for $30 in 2008, and when I finally opted for buying it, the price on Toy Arena in 2009 was $35. I was lucky to find a loose one in an almost mint condition, complete, for $25.

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are you going to put it next to your PP01B and have them fight it out? :lol 

I looked into getting Scourge. Never did, but I can tell you that the prices for either version loose can fluctuate quite a bit. I think patience is gonna be the key.

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Slightly blunted sword tip. Stickers changed from silvery to a more dull grey. Decepticon sigils instead of the upside-down G2 Autobot ones. License plate says "Scourge" instead of "Black Convoy". Disk launcher ammunition remolded to remove the G2 Autobot sigil.

20. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I already own the Hasbro Scourge, and yet I'm still thinking of biting on the Takara Black Convoy, because I've always preferred the colors and haven't had the chance to buy one before, but Toy Arena's price sounds alright. Plus, my Scourge has a slightly wobbly knee, so he can't pose to his full potential. To me, it'd almost be worth buying the toy all over again if the QC ended up better :lol