RID S2EP14/S3EP01 "History Lessons" - Episode Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by SeanTF1967, Sep 10, 2016.

1. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Shouldn't this thread be stickied now? XD

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It feels weird that CN in the states is only now airing this season, considering last week finished it all up on Teletoon in Canada.

3. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    My bad
    Thought it was finished in Canada?

4. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Some people in the US might have waited for the US premiere to discuss it.

5. Arian

Arian Member

Ebay:
  6. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

Eh it wasn't too bad. Buzzstrike has unique abilities and seems like an interesting character. BB just pushing Grimlock off the 'mine' was a funny anti-climax. Sideswipe was the highlight of the ep; he was a lot more mature and capable in this one imo. However, how did he learn his lesson? He kept going on about history towards the end but he didn't win by relying on it in any way. It should have been a cool nod to go back to the base from Prime but they just made up events we never saw instead of referencing actual occurrences from the series which diminished the impact. When was there a security system?

Strongarm thinking BB was going crazy and was blowing their cover just before the opening credits was very forced and cringe. Also, after their nice interactions in Decepticon Island, I didn't like how Strongarm and Sideswipe were so tense with each other again. Seems like character regression.

7. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

Bee told them about the undergroung levels in one of his storys and Sideswipe used that to hide from Paralon after he got that gun.

• Like Like x 1
  8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:

Yep, like me, who tried a few times to watch b4 the vids were taken down, then when they finally had one up, didn't have time to go back and watch ep 1 but just started with the next one.

Enjoyed it, it was nice to have some 'reflection time' for the old base, the Prime series, etc. A little name dropping was a nice nod too. Nice little weapon that was left behind...

Plus I had missed out on the mini con arrival and beginnings etc, figured it out on the other eps but, nice to see the origin ep.

9. Wild Eevee

Wild Eevee Well-Known Member

Just realized that the Bot's desert camo is not the same color as the jeep they scanned.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    It's time to watch the new season...

They just teleported to the old base. Right? Didn't that get blown up?

Oh, they were in a different place right next to it.

I hate this camouflaging thing, btw. Seems like just a gimmick to sell repaints.

I feel a rule of 3 thing happening. Sideswipe has whined about how useless history is 2 times. Gee, I wonder how it's going to end.

Lol @ those cover lines by Bumblebee. "Uh, yeah, we buried plot devices in secret underground levels that we didn't tell anyone about--underground levels that were totally safe from the base getting blown up. Hmm, wonder why we didn't just hide there.")

Omg, more cover lines. "No! Of course these auto defenses don't ruin the plot of TFP, because humans wouldn't have triggered them. See?" These are horribly distracting lines. Just leave them out.

What a simple character. "Are we just gonna leave them there? I didn't sign on to kill others!" Yawn.

Now Sideswipe is talking to himself for no reason other than letting the viewers know what is going on. They don't even care enough to pretend he's thinking to himself, though it seems like it'd be more effort to animate lip flaps...

So, are the shen gong wu hunts back on? Stay tuned.

11. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good eye. Didn't see that before.

jD001

12. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Honestly I would have preferred to see a new green-toned deco as opposed to the same old desert camo from Season 2.

13. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

best part of this episode was the reference to this aerobic video from the 80s: