RID S2EP13 "Decepticon Island Pt2" - Episode Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by DJsFromCtron, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Reask

Reask Predacon

Just finished it. Season 2 was a very slow season for me but it was a fine enough season overall. I really can't wait to see what they have planned for the rest of the series, and I hope we get a little bit more of Ratchet and Windblade. Looking forward to seeing what the corrupt government is about. :) 

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes Please.

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

That would be amazing. Especially if Doradus ends up being some ancient cybertronian. Waking up and would say something sorta amusing like "Wait... i awoken for this?!" then just goes back to saying dormant or something.

4. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very much likes Season 2!

I think I liked it better than Season 1 since I waited to watch it all in one go.

Definitely liked the new Decepticons, got pretty excited at remold/repaint possibilities, plus really really hope we get some all more all new molds. (Need one of those monkey guys!, and the other two members of the leadership trio!)

Liked the story, cool to see them address the BB vs OP leadership thing, liked the call backs to Prime!

I am definitely interested to see what happens in Season 3! It's very cool that my predictions at Season 1 are coming around and panning out.

I really liked Sideswipe crushing in Windblade, especially in this episode, where she just plays along to let him down easy, very funny, very cute.

5. Stratolily

Stratolily Autobot Girl

Yes, please!! I just can't wait for the movie and the new season. It was so awesome to see Ratchet again, I'm so happy they brought him back! (and I hope for good!). Since Prime he became one of favorite TF characters ever along with Optimus and Bee, I just love him! (thank you so much Jeffrey Combs!). And of course, I always need more Optimus in my life so he can't disappear XD And Windblade, I really like her, specially in this 2nd season. I want to see more action in Cybertron and Optimus, Ratchet and Windblade fighting against the corrupted council, yay!

6. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I want to see more of Jazz!!! Bring him back!

7. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Guys RID was set 5 years after prime

8. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How do you know that?

9. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah highlights for me on this series was seeing soundwave and ratchet pop back in, and then I did enjoy Jazz and Windblade a lot as well too.

10. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Wikipedia

11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed the final two episodes of this season. Every TF tv series had their fair share of flaws, but they were (and still are, to me anyway.) enjoyable to watch. I feel the same way with RiD. There are things I really like about this show, and I really am gonna miss it when its finished.

A satisfying season finale.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Well I kind of ignored this series after checking out the first few episodes but just binged the rest of it and wanted to share some of my thoughts.

Firstly, I wish it were more mature. I don't mean it should have been GRM-DRK but it definitely felt like a show aimed at children. The plots were simple and predicable. Logic was often loose. BUT for a kids show it was deeper than it needed to be. The characters felt like they had some depth; not a Shakespearing ocean deep depth, but more than G1 characters had for sure.

I really liked the art style. These guys looked slick and were very well animated. Unlike Prime, the world actually felt alive (if populated by some dense dumb people).

It was surprisingly connected. I'm surprised how often it came up that Thunderhoof was a mob boss even if he didn't completely show it. But the main thing was I was shocked and overjoyed by Soundwave and Ratchet's appearances. Up until Soundwave showed up I was working under the assumption that this show was only connected to Prime in the absolutely loosest of ways. Basically it seemed like they were just trying to NOT destroy that possibility without flat out tying it together. But then, BAM Soundwave and BAM name drops! I fist pumped and jumped from my chair (in my head). I was SUPER DUPER sad Soundwave was returned from whence he came at the end of the episode. He could have easily gotten away if the writers wanted him too. It's not like he had a voice actor.. Speaking of voice actors, my favorite Ratchet with my absolute favorite Ratchet voice pops back for the last two episodes! I LOVED that Ratchet design and immediately jumped back to look at the figure's pictures we saw at Botcon. (Side question, how is that mold compared to the PRID version? Worth picking up?)

Which now makes me scratch my head hard. If this is definitely connected to Prime, why the heck didn't Bee contact Fowler, the government contact he knew? They would have been a big help in this series. But again that is an issue of the show being shallow for children.

Overall, the show was okay. I would never recommend it to my less franchise interested friends. Prime I would because it was damn good if imperfect. So I'm glad to hear that there will be more of it but likely won't watch it when it first starts airing.

And given how Vangelus and the podcast crew rave about a few figures I'll likely grab a few. Already preordered Takara Windblade since I love that design. Grabbed a Hasbro Megatronus on a whim (I LOVE me some Cybertronian alt modes done well) and was so pleased that I grabbed another figure Vangelus raves about; Takara Fracture. He rocks too. So since they are saying there are a few more jems I might grab a couple more.

But yeah. I dug the show but am really looking forward to Combiner Wars more.

13. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've spoken to Jeff Kline about it last year at a sign up, staff said they didn't bring the human military in because they wanted to keep things fun and crazy for kids instead of bringing in military for cover up stories instead of using humor, fun was more important than logic in that case.

In-universe he assumes that Bee is simply following the same thing Optimus did in Prime, who also didn't like to get the military involved but did it out of obligation, they seek to involve as few people as possible since it's not humankind's fault they brought trouble to Earth.

14. StarScheme

StarScheme Well-Known Member

with the decepticons constantly hitting earth in bigger and bigger waves....how long can bee honestly hope to keep the humans from finding out what's going on?

sounds just like a poor excuse to keep the show stupid and wacky....it becomes the human's fight when the decepticons start becoming too much to handle for just the autobots alone

15. objectionLogic

objectionLogic Member

I didn't even know they confirmed a Season 3. That's good I guess. I like the show, but as long as it's getting broadcast on CN, I feel like it has the odds stacked against it...

Also, I can't stand this bait and tease shit they've been doing with old characters from Prime.
    "Coooool! Soundwave is back and he's awesome! ...oh wait, he's trapped in the exact same place by the end of the episode."
    "Coooool! Ratchet is back and he's awesome! ...oh and two episodes later, he's leaving the planet and not a member of the team anymore."

Don't they realize how many viewers are fans of Prime, and how great that fanservice is for everyone? :<

16. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Well you don't know with Ratchet, he is returning to Cybertron with Optimus and Windblade and we know that Optimus is definitely going to be in the film. So it could be basically how they handled Season 2, most episodes will be focused on Bee's team but we could get some episode with Optimus' team on Cybertron. And as long as the groundbridge still exists, Soundwave still has a chance to return.

We'll have to wait and see what they'll do.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It actually it is fanservice for Prime.

They're doing the same exact thing they did with all of their subplots in the show. It's actually kind of genius. :lol 

18. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah, it's like "You like this guy? Well, you can have a look at him/her for a few episodes! And then he/she is gone!"

Meanwhile the vehicons were goin' strong, in multiple colors no less!

It's kinda funny they even reuse/retool prime models... heck i kinda wished Ratchet was a retool of his prime toy and not of Strongarm. I wonder if Takara is going to do that...

19. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    So this is how I talked about it a few days ago...
    I questioned Prime's actions in the Part One, and haven't seen anything that would excuse his behaviour in Part Two.

The ending of Season Two was much better than S01st, in my opinion.
    That time the super- powerful Decepticon overlord just vanished. Now SteelJaw's way to fail was reasonable. Even though- does SteelJaw still has his legs? Why wasn't he able to withstand the minicons' attack? Why did Decepticons faint and the Autobots did not?
    Here are a lot of questions like this, but, still, the episode was interesting to watch, unlike the finale of Season One.

20. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Finally got to watch the finale... Meh, went about as expected, did enjoy Ratchet's "I needed that!" lol

Wasn't too pleased that they're splitting up, especially with Optimus and Ratchet headed back to Cybertron... but it's supposed to be about the Bee team, so okay. For me, the Bee team has been more of a let down than the Stealth team, but the fate of the series has already been decided, so that's that.