RID Reissues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thebruteslayer, Sep 12, 2011.

1. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Since it's RID's 10th anniversary, what reissues would you like to see from the RID toyline?

I would buy Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus in a heartbeat, I would also like to see Scourge using the new G2 Laser Optimus Prime mold and a new trailer. And last but not least: SKY-BYTE GOD DAMMIT!

Would you like to see reissues of RID molds, or repaints?

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

How many of the molds survive? I believe the Car Bros exploded or summat.

3. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    ^Only the tires I think.

4. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    You're correct. The molds are worn out.

And, iirc, Optimus and Magnus are now simply too expensive to produce at their original pricepoint.

5. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    ^Fine, Mods lock this thread.

6. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I already have one, but I'd probably buy Scourge again to keep
    MISB.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    The car bother and I believe the Op/Magnus molds are all worn out.

Hasbro is on record as saying a JRX redeco/rerelease is too expensive as the toy was very complex to assemble.

8. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Like everyone else has said, the Car Brothers molds have been worn out. The last use of the Prowl mold I got was Universe 1.0 Infernio, and compared to the RID release of the mold, it doesn't hold up as far as the joints and everything.

Now, that being said, if they could have done a reissue, like the BW 10th figures, then I'd like Side Burn, to replace the one my ex-GF smashed.

9. wildfly

News Credits:
    I stand corrected.

10. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    too expensive to assemble? so ... it was cheaper back then?
    and i didnt know we paid for complexity as well ....

hmm yeah a newer version of the autobot brothers wouldnt be too bad.
    possibly the build team as well ...

11. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    In other words by the time it hit store shelves, it would be too expensive to justify the cost, given the complex design of the toy. Which is a shame, as JRX to me stands out as one of the best combiner toys made to date.

12. DunnoJack

DunnoJack Well-Known Member

I agree. I really like how they went together and almost didn't look like a combiner afterwards.

If you pretend the molds are alright, and the cost to make'em wasn't a factor, then JRX would be first on my list. Then Prowl, and Optimus.

13. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    Oh yeah putting reality aside for a moment, I'd love a redeco of Prime/Magnus to go with the 4 other release I have along with a redeco of JRX.

14. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    id like scourge!
    or the build team. with some remolding to all but wedge. just so they can be a little more poseability.

15. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 TRU Commander

Ebay:
    Well since the molds are worn out, then they should do new molds that are similar to the toys/characters like they have been doing with classics/rts/generations etc.
    First they have to repaint G2 OP into Scourge and go from there.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

With JRX being so expensive to produce, did they make any Money off of the initial release I wonder? It's a shame this is the case for him and the loss of use for the Car Brothers & Optimus/Magnus. Considering I think Prime & Magnus were $29.99 - $39.99 back in 2001, I think they would easily be $60 plus now.

17. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

I bought all the RID moulds so wouldn't be fussed over reissues. Maybe a Galvatron as I missed out on the deco.

I'm surprised about the 'too expensive' comment about Team Bullet Train ... the engineering doesn't seem any more complex or expensive to assemble than other contemporary figures. Each figure should be able to fit in the Voyager class.

18. wildfly

News Credits:
    Compelxity: More individual parts to manufacture, more time to assemble them.

Throw in shifting labour and raw material costs, exchange rates, plus the fact Hasbro are quite tied to certain price points.

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As with most reissue topics...I look to Takara, not Hasbro, since reissues are more their thing.

As for RiD/Car Robots...if they can fix some of the molds and rerelease them, than awesome. It'd be great for those that missed out on them. We kind of had "reissues" made available when Sonokong released a bunch of them (including Brave Maximus) a while ago.

20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

How can the molds be worn out? G1 toys were older than R.I.D. when they got reissued. That's like 25 years compared to 10 and Beast Wars was reissued for their 10th anniversary. Granted R.I.D. also had molds from G1 in it but you'd think the Autobot Brothers would be able to last another 15 years at least.

I'd really like at least Side Burn, the red version if they only reissue one of them. I really like the mold and I don't think I can get the original back from jerk face.

I agree on the Deluxe scale Scourge. I have the larger version still but I don't know where his sword or even his trailer are. Don't really care about the trailer anyway.

Also, I had the original Cyber Shark version of the mold but he's in pieces and I lost parts of him. I took him apart because the arm tail gimmick stopped working and I was trying to take his arm apart so I could figure out what got caught in the gears to make it quit moving. Long story short I never found the screws holding his arm together but I took everything else apart. And just so you know I'm not completely bad at putting toys back together, I took apart Apha Q and Animated Blitzwing because I wanted to see if it was possible to switch their face gimmicks, it wasn't and I put them back together. Both of them still work and Blitzwing's actually works better than it did out of the package because the switch was a little too tight on mine till I fiddled with it.