RiD region 0 DVD set?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Spider Striker, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Does such a thing exist? I swear I saw a listing on Amazon once, but no sign of it now.

I'd really like to see this series again. I'd like to own it, so I can eventually own all (American) TF series. But at this point, I really don't think we'll get an offical release.

If this request breaks the rules of the boards, I apologise, but I figure it's worth a shot. Besdies, people post about downloads and torrents all the time.

2. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

the set from the UK is region 0 I think, but it is still Pal format..

Simplest solution just get a Phillips DVP 5990 DVD player, and look for the Remote code .. Its listed in a bunch of the Amazon reviews of that product.. It converts from pal and plays all regions once you put the code in..

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The UK RiD sets are Region 2. So to play them you'll need a region free player (generally a player that can be region free will handle PAL conversion prior to output). However that may not be a big issue. Try searching your favorite search engine using the model number of your DVD player and the words "Region Free". Such as "Sony TX270 Region Free". A lot of players can be set to Region 0 pretty easily. For instance, almost all the Samsung players can be altered using just their included remote control and the correct sequence of actions and keypresses.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Failing that, there are several aps available for the PC that will make the DVD drive multiregion. That's how I watch foreign DVDs.

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I was not aware of these. How would one go about getting them, and do they cost anything?

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not aware of any free ones. One of the most popular is AnyDVD.

7. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure VLC allows you to play discs of every region.

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I would say that a China one will be availble in the future, As its seems like they bootleg'd every other series so far