Minor/Repaint: Rid Prowl with G1 action master head

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by mattarmstrong, Nov 5, 2005.

1. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

Just repainted the action master head and attached to rid prowls body. Not much to it but it looks sweet check out the pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

couldnt get clear pics sorry

feedback welcome

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
  3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I like CR Mach Alert/RiD Prowl like he is . . . if it's not broke, don't fix it.

4. Demaar

Demaar Banned

I'm not a fan of forcing Mach Alert to look like Prowl, but that actually does work rather well.

5. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    But what if it's not Mach Alert? Can we make Prowl look like Prowl? I like my Prime's to look like Prime, so why not my Prowl to look like Prowl? :D 

6. Demaar

Demaar Banned

Well, I mean the mould, really. The names of stuff from Armada to Cybertron, their "real" names are blurry, since it was a joint project. But Mach Alert is Mach Alert. If anything, Hasbro should have called him Red Alert.

But, I'm a dick when it comes to renames :D 

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Mach Alert is Mach Alert is very true. If anything Hasbro should have called him Mach Alert; it's only after Hasbro decided to name him "Prowl" that everyone now has the inclination to make him look like the G1 predecessor. CR/RiD is a different series than G1. There is no need to make everything look and feel like G1.

Maybe every year Hasbro should just go ahead and reissue G1 every single year?

8. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Not bad. I thought the ActionMaster head would have looked too big, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

However, I'm in the "Mach Alert is Mach Alert" camp. That figure is Prowl in name only, and only so by Hasbro's doing. The characters in RiD, while sharing some similarities with characters from G1 are indeed their own generation. No need to make them resemble anyone from G1 as they're already awesome for who they are.

9. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Since G1 is the only line I have any nastalgic feelings for, I say go for it. I'd be one of the happiest Transfans there is.

Well, maybe not for Hasbro or fans of the other lines. But for G1 enthusiests(sp?) like myself, there is reeaally big need for it. :D 

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, if someone is a G1 enthusiast, there were tons of toys in the 80s released that one can now (via eBay and other swindlers [note the G1 pun]) "go back" and make such purchases. And even with the Alternators/Binaltech line (where the roots are in G1), I still don't feel the need to have the toy look like a carbon copy of one of the toys from the 80s. I am also a G1 enthusiast, but I like the other 30 flavors too. :D 

11. mattarmstrong

Here we go.

To me this is not Mach Alert. I did not see car robots and do not care to see car robots. I saw the US RID version and this Characters name is prowl who happens to be a police car. What a coniceidence G1 Prowl (name spelled same way) was a police car as well. See this is kitbashing where one person takes a figure or figures and makes it into what he wants and this board is the medium to show off that work. Fir some of us who can not draw this is our form of art expression. Comments are always welcome even negative ones because they may help us see what we need to imporove on in the future. That is my point.

12. Optimus-Convoy

Optimus-Convoy "FAIYAA!"

I know it's gonna be stupid of me to say what everyone else is saying , but Mach Alert should JUST be Mach Alert (I will never call him Prowl , I just won't. ) But I admit that this was a neat idea for a kitbash. :) 

13. Superquad7

News Credits:

Well I don't think myself (or anyone else who has responded to this thread) is knocking the art of kitbashing and customization itself. Mostly, what has been commented on here thus far is the nature of the character represented here and not particularly the custom itself. Myself and appearantly other guys on thie thread have responded saying that we were happy with our Mach Alert/"Prowl" to begin with. However, if this custom makes you happy, then it was well worth your work and effort. :thumbs2: 

As far as the custom itself, I did wonder this: does he still transform? The head seems a tad big, but I know that in transformation there is a bit of headroom. Just wondering :) 

14. mattarmstrong

Yes he does transform although there is very little room left over its real tight.