RID Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Orion_Prime48, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    ok I have an offer being made for an RID Magnus ive asked a few friends about it but none of them seem sure if theres enough there to complete him what do you guys think?

it looks to me like theres enough to form 1 but im not sure

[​IMG]

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm 99% sure there's most of one there. I can't tell if it has both thumbs and it appears that there aren't any missiles. If that doesn't bother you, go for it.

3. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    yea the missiles are missing and thnx man

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

It looks complete to me. I would suggest actually putting him together to find out, definitively, whether you have all the pieces. You'll find out very quick if he's complete or not.

5. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    I could use a few more opinions before I make my decision

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    ask to get a better look at the chrome on the front bumper parts, and the chrome on omega prime's head. also ask to see if both the flip-out tabs on the chest panel (omega prime's waist plate) are present, as they are easy to lose.

also keep in mind that not one single tire is visible in the photo you posted. they may not be there, or they could be cracked. another thing to check for.

and of course, ask to see the lower arms opened up. Omega prime's hands aren't accounted for in the photo.

7. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    well the chrome and tires im not too worried about cause if I buy ill be getting him on the cheap for like 5 bucks lol

but Omega Prime is really the only reason I want it lol

8. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    For $5? Go for it. There's enough there that you should be close enough for Omega Prime regardless.

9. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    he looks complete, but its hard to say looking at the legs from that angle.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

That's an awful picture, not to mention that you only have one picture to see what you're getting, which I think is kinda crap. There should always be at least two for buying a loose figure: complete robot mode and complete alt mode.

But anyway, $5 is nothing. Do it. If it's incomplete, you can always look up what else it is you need or possibly replaced.

11. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

can't make a complete one without mixing parts from two different versions of the toy.

there's two different versions in that picture there, two RID originals, then the costco release I think that was in Cybertron? anyways, its got some black parts instead of blue.

If you're trying to make a complete original RID version, can't be done, since that top original body part has the wing/ramp snapped off, and the bottem original upper body chunk has the front grill snapped off, and also missing the magnus waiste. You may be able to rip pull the pin out of the top one, and put the grill and magnus waiste on the bottem upper body, but that'll be a bit of work.

I can't tell if the arms are for the original version or the costco version. Either way, it IS possible to make one with all the necessary parts (minus the thumb_ just in different colors then it's originally suppose to be. It will still function just fine. But it will be some tricky work.

For 5 bucks, go for it. If you have a RID Prime body, you can make Omega Prime no problem.

12. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

you may want to check the legs to make sure Omega Prime's toes are there. still a steal for $5 regardless.