Customs: RID Magnus - Broken Tire Repair

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Nephilim_Prime, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Nephilim_Prime

Nephilim_Prime Member

For a long time now, RID Prime and Magnus have been on my "dream toy" list, and this year, for my birthday, my wife bought me both on eBay. They were described as "only used for display" and undamaged.

This was, unfortunately, not the case. Prime's red chest was scratched up (The chrome underneath was not... this was an easy fix) and worst of all, One of the front cab tires on Magnus had split (though it was included in the box)

It wouldn't even be that big a problem, except it's on his shoulders as Omega Prime, and part of his chest as Ultra Magnus.

So far, I've tried all manner of glues and epoxies... nothing will stick to this thing! I even got rubber repair glue... that just stretched apart too, once I put the wheel on. I'm running out of ideas here (I've even e-mailed Hasbro, to see if they have any suggestions that may work) and have even put up an ad on tfieds.com offering to buy a new tire for $10.

Does anyone have any ideas that may work for repair? Perhaps some type of glue I just haven't thought to try, or something? Maybe someone has experience with this problem... I know the splitting tires is a problem for the RID line.

I sure hope there even is a solution out there, other than just buying a new magnus to get the tire from it... that's kind of pricey!

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

These are known for those problems, but I think only the Hasblo versions split easily. All I used was super glue, simple as that.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

These are known for those problems, but I think only the Hasblo versions split easily. All I used was super glue, simple as that.