RID Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Torque, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hey, just bought an RID Galvatron, hasnt arrived yet, trying to find his feedback, but im at a loss-is there one here?

He arrived just today! Review on next page >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    probably not. he's an older figure...you could be the first to review him now...sorta...

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Check out the listing at the top of the page, if there's nothing under RiD for him, then we've not got a thread on him. I don't recall ever seeing a thread for him, though.

He's a fantastic toy, that mold looks great in white and gold. Very regal. The extra modes are something or nothing - the wyvern is decent, the mammoth is cool, the boat feels like an afterthought.

4. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

You could always go to Dave Van Dolein's page, I'm sure he's reviewed this one (might redirect you to RiD Megatron, same mold).

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ya, i think ill do a review of him, probably add it to here, once it gets here

6. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    RID Galvatron is a great mode, four new modes along with the original six probably wins him the "Best engineered toy" award. My only real complaint is that he is a little tough to balance and his dragon mode arms come off too easy.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Galvatron's one of my favorites (and definitely one of the longest standing on the top 10 list). I'd recommend it to anyone that doesn't have one already.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

He´s also the one transformer that can literaly flip you the bird:D 

9. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Countdown to someone posting him in hand mode giving the finger in 3...2...

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

what about, mp prime, unicron, movie prime, and primus? :tongue: 

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    lol, still waiting/hoping for the shot of the flipping bird

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    woot, he came today!! review coming shortly, gotta really get a good look at him some more-pics will follow that

13. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Inspired by your thread, I dug up RiD Megs from my junk yard of a bed-room. I can't even remember how to transform it :lol .

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    lol, he is pretty tough if ya dont know/forgot-i plan to do a video review when i can though-one of just modes, one of his entire transformation (or one for each transformation)

15. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ok! time for the review of RID Galvatron! finally got here today, and here are my thoughts!

Robot Mode

He looks purely awesome! his coloration of black and white, with hints of gold, silver, red, purple, and green give the figure a kid of creepy tone to him, which is perfect-Galvatron is a pretty creepy guy. his weapon is pretty neat-he has 2 missile launchers, not spring loaded, but friction shot (similar to Movie Voyager Ironhide). The launchers, when in his hands, act as swords and can combine into a staff the kind of reminds me of Darth Maul's lightsaber. his head sculpt is awesome, with reflective eyes instead of light piping, the gold wings on his head make it seem like he means business, and his sneer/snarl makes him terrifying to look at up close-unlike RID Prime and Magnus, he has some real facial details.

overall, he is pretty wicked. very articulated due to his multiple transformation, yet his feet are terrible-he can barely stand-you need to put all his weight into he back and center part of his foot. shame, as he can make cool poses, but just wont stay up.

Pros:
    -creepy colors
    -wicked weapon
    -awesome articulation
    -evil effect

Cons:
    -feet failure

Grade-9.5/10

Bat Mode

ok, so next up is Gargoyle Mode, but lets face it-he's a bat. batlike face, wings, feet, and overall appearance-and let me say, yikes. the mode doesnt really look like anything but a brick with wings, feet, and laser cannons on his back. there is no articulation at all-well his wings flap a bit, but thats about it. head is now restricted by bat muzzle, and he has no legs, as there are only feet. color scheming unhelpful as well. not much to him, but there is one thing i like about him-playability. i can definately see someone using this batmode as a vampire kinda thing, sucking life energy from other characters-so all in all, not a total failure. best feature-in a dark room with a light behind him, he sorta makes the BatSignal ^_^ also fits together nicely

Pros:
    -potential playability
    -can stand on its own and ook semicool
    -fits together nicely

Cons:
    -no poseability/articulation
    -doesnt do too much/boring
    -colors seem a bit off

Grade-4/10

Twin Headed Dragon

Holy. Slaggin. Cow. by far one of the best modes of the whole figure-like Galvatron was designed to turn into a 2 headed dragon, but retooled to be other stuff. the double head effect works awesomely. claws look awesome, color scheme, which makes some modes like "huh?" work as well as robot mode coloring. incredibly poseable for the necks and little arms, lots of fun, and one of my most oftenly used modes for him

Pros:
    -colors look wicked
    -incredibly poseable, mostly in making the heads look awesome.
    -streamlined, perfect look to him

Cons:
    -tail needed to make him stand

Grade-9.5/10

Jet Mode

yet another awesome mode. looks like a forward swept wing Cybertronian jet. has a landing gear set that works surprisingly well. actually rolls a little bit. looks like a mad fast jet. no real issues with it, but it doesnt blow you away-just looks nice.

Pros:
    -working landing gear
    -looks fast
    -cool cockpit

Cons:
    -no real "wow" factor-nothing special

Grade: 6/10

Transport Mode

woah, DeJavu. and by DeJavu, i mean i get the same reaction from this mode as i do the jet. slightly less cool looking though, but i find front end to be rather cool, despite the back being boring.

Pros:
    -front end
    -rolls semi-well

Cons:
    -boring
    -not all wheels always touch the ground

Grade-5/10

Hand Mode

Three word-Laugh. Out. Loud. i seriously find this the most ridiculous yet funny version of the entire set of modes. i find it amusing, and love to have him punch other characters, then squeeze them and throw them around-if i had a glove, he could be master hand! (so wish Transformers were part of Super Smash Bros...)

Despite it being ridiculously fun and funny, it is only cool for a while, and may not be the best mode for a "Robot in Disguise"

Pros:
    -Gripping action
    -fun to play with
    -insanely weird

Cons:
    -unrealistic
    -insanely weird (yes, that is both a pro and a con)

Grade-7/10

Griffin Mode

One of my favorite modes for this guy. rather lethal looking and extremely poseable, the Griffin mode is also the easiest mode to put him into-perfect for when you want an allaround mode-it flies, walks, and is simple to get into, as his knees reverse, head vanishes, spine flips up. then its al just adjusting slightly. fun mode, esp. if your plating with him and need a fast Alt. mode

Pros:
    -quickest mode
    -looks awesome
    -good for allaround play
    -poseable

Cons:
    -not so much a Griffin as a Dragon
    -fun but not special (wish mouth opened...)

Grade- 8.5/10

Flying Dragon Mode

Yikes-like the bat mode! looks decent from the front, yet seems to be one of those "because we can" modes. nothing special, and not as fun as the bat-looks better though.

Pros:
    -looks sorta like a dragon
    -sorta fun
    -looks better than bat

Cons:
    -not poseable except for neck
    -still wish his mouth opened up
    -boring

Grade-4/10

Elephant Mode

ok, now this one is bizarre. i mean, if you know its an elephant, you can see it-but if you dont, youd have no idea what it was. theres not much bulk to him behind his ears, which are a bit too big. but once you get past that, it is a fun figure to play with. very poseable, and the weapons make decent tusks. very mixed feelings about him.

Pros:
    -elephantlike
    -poseable
    -fun to use as an elephant charging
    (how do you stop Galvatron in Elephant mode from charging? take away his credit card! *booed offstage* ok, i wont quit my day job)

Cons:
    -unrecognizable unless you know what it is
    -no elephant bulk behind overlarge head
    -claws on an elephant?!

Grade: 6.5/10

Boat Mode

and finally, the worst for last, the boat mode. looks nothing like a boat, and does not float on water. the wings make a decent bow, but the hands dont work as whatever they were trying to do. if your going to mostly ignore a mode, this would be the one-its boring, and doesnt even look like, well. anything. it looks nice, but not like something.

(may have read somewhere that he doesnt even use this in the show)

Pros:
    -looks nice-just wish it resembled something
    -makes for a tenth mode

Cons:
    -boring
    -unfun
    -doesnt look like a boat
    -only in there as a mode for water

Grade: 2/10

More or less a decent figure-one of my favorites. i like to play with the guy all the time, and only put him down to use the bathroom. definately a must have, as he is so cool.

Overall Average

-Numberwise: 6.3/10
    -Personally: 9/10-total win, great figure!

16. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Now I'm thinking of getting one of this rather than RID Megatron... -_-

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He does, actually. He chills on a lake while people float in little boats around him. Don't ask me why.

Technically it's a hovercraft/hydrofoil than a boat, but still lame as lame-sauce.

18. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Btw Torque, how much did you get for this one? And where dya find it? It's kinda hard for me to get one. -_-

Thanks in advance.

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    well i paid a tad too much for it, around $60-turns out, some people were selling for less-but i got mine off ebay

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    oh, and thank you mods, for getting rid of the "?" in the title ^_^