RID Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TransRavak25, Jan 22, 2012.

1. TransRavak25

TransRavak25 Maximal

Anyone who has RID Bumblebee what are the differences from the first edition, would you recommened it and what do the gears in his neck for/can they be removed without affecting the transformation. Thanks in advance :) 

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I own the First Edition, but not the RID version. However, I can tell you the differences.

First Edition is taller, has more and better paint apps, has no Automorph, has only one gun.

RID is smaller, has less paint apps, has Automorph and has both guns.

You can't gut the Automorph and keep the figure intact. You can paint in the missing apps, such as his taillights, but if you want the best looking figure, you'll need the First Edition.

Plus, the F.E. doesn't have that collar piece sticking up behind the head like the RID version does.

3. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I'm sure somewhere like Reprolabels will release stickers to fix those pesky missing paint apps.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    From my understanding of the two bee's (never picked up the FE) RID is a bit worse. I personally don't like him much at all, but since I don't really care for Bee in the show, I don't care enough to pay extra for a better figure - your mileage may vary. Automorph can't be removed, which is a shame because it nearly cripples the toy's upper body.

5. rohrerprime25

rohrerprime25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest that one looks like a knokoff, man i hope i can get the first edition before that comes out here lol