RID 34 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by megatronski, Oct 22, 2014.

1. El Zilcho

El Zilcho Well-Known Member

IDW TF issues drop in price after a month passes, not when the subsequent issue is released. Since RiD 34 came out on October 22nd, the price for it will drop sometime around November 22nd. The fact that RiD 35 is already out, for whatever reason, has nothing to do with when the price drops on RiD 34.

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Ah, OK. That's a pretty obvious explanation. I probably should have been keeping a better track of time. I just assumed that, since the next issue is out, the last one must have come out a month ago.

When I do buy this, I am going to be very behind.

3. soundwaverulls

Ah, OK. That's a pretty obvious explanation. I probably should have been keeping a better track of time. I just assumed that, since the next issue is out, the last one must have come out a month ago.

When I do buy this, I am going to be very behind.

4. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

UM… who does Prowl want out of his head? Constructicons? Bombshell? Scrapper? Someone else?

Does Prowl still control Kup? If not, I missed when that stopped...

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I suspect Prowl's control over Kup ended when Kup died and was ressurrected from the Dead Universe... but maybe it still works?

At a guess, Prowl is being polluted by intrusive thought patterns coming from the Constructicons. There's 5 of them, and only one of him... hypothetically, they shouldn't be able to exert any control over him (after all, Prowl was the test model for Megatron's Devastator combo body), but maybe he's experiencing some mental overlap from being synchronized with them as Devastator.

Or maybe there's something else... the ghost of Onyx Prime, exerting his power over Prowl through the magic of the ancient combining doohickey, or something equally stupid. I mean, hey... is it just a coincidence that Onyx is the name of Blackrock's company, and that he's using Cybertronian tech? Dun dun DUN!!

Meh. This series is still just as awful. I'm glad I dropped it.

zmog

6. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I'm pretty sure that it's been implied that Prowl and the other Constructicons have some type of telepathic connection residue from when they form Devastator. The scene you're refering to is definatley the Constructicons in his head as he continues the conversation with them after he exits the room he says that in.

7. soundwaverulls

Finally got this issue. As late as I am, I may as well share my thoughts.

So Barber is taking elements from the movies and the Aligned Continuity? Well, I guess they do have a lot of interesting concepts that could have been handled better but I have little faith that Barber can do much better. Although, it's not like he's going to take up their writing style and introduce some lame ancient device that everyone's gonna fight over... Oh wait.

So, the Enigma is what Combiner Wars is gonna be based around, eh? I recall this being brought up in the synopsis for CW and thinking there could be an up side but I really don't remember what that was.

Overall, this was mostly setup, bringing in interesting concepts that have been used before making us wait to see if anything good is done with them here. I still hate Prowl and I wished more was done with Rhinox. I also still dislike whosit's artwork.

8. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

It is almost like Lord of the Rings... the longer Prowl is with Devastator the the more of himself he loses. It seems more of an infection than mind control.

9. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

No wonder the Constructicons don't have individual personalities.

10. soundwaverulls

:lolol 

11. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems the mind of Devastator is divided into aspects of his components. People thought it was Scrapper who is in Prowl's head what if it is the consciousness of Devastator. Prowl own personality as automonous unit is being consumed by the Devastator.

12. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

:lol