RiD 2015: S2 EP19: WORTHY EPISODE DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by kittycatusername123, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    This is like the Fireworks Factory in that Poochie episode of Itchy and Scratchy on The Simpsons.

Goddammit just get to it already!

2. Quicken2k

Quicken2k Well-Known Member

Liked this episode more then any other RID ep thus far.

Pros:

- Prime Mentions old friends (not sure who human or bot)
    (hope for both)
    - Episodes wern't as goofy as some past ones
    - Had a real serious tone to it.
    - Starscream

Cons:

- Starscream lost (again) and probably won't return
    - Got to wait till 2017 for more :( .

3. Rjupudi18

Rjupudi18 Well-Known Member

Well they won in the end of Season 2 when they destroyed the Autobot base and nearly killed Optimus. Plus, the Autobots were always at a disadvantage both in numbers and tech. In RID (excluding the TV event of course), it's usually one con against 5 bots. Kinda reminds me of Power Rangers. In Prime, the stakes were always high. You couldn't tell who'll die next (Cliffjumper, Breakdown, Dreadwing). Prime is not afraid of killing off major characters. In RID, we know no good guy can really die cuz it's a kids show.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  4. kittycatusername123

kittycatusername123 Member

Google+:

Meh, I don't think they will be scavenging for Predacon bones. They should scrap Combiner Force it sounds silly and unrealistic.
    But I don't think they'll scrap it.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Like I said, their victories were always undone in a couple of episodes. Four episodes later, Autobots got a new base and Optimus not only survived, but got an upgrade. Plus, the Autobots were only ever at a disadvantage in theory. In actuality, the numbers were meaningless, as the Autobots could just tear through the Decepticon cannon fodder with no difficulty. I'd much rather see the heroes struggle with one powerful 'Con, who's able to give a group of them a run for their money, than see the 'Bots slaughter armies of enemies, destroying any sense of threat. Plus, in Prime, you always knew no main hero would ever die. Seriously, the only Autobots to ever die were Cliffjumper, after getting less than five minutes of screen time, and Optimus, in the last five seconds of the show, as the character seems to be contractually obligated to die in every show. There was never any question that the other main heroes would live. But as for the Decepticons, even their named characters dropped like flies. It became ridiculous how one-sided the war was, because the writers needed to uphold their absurd attempt at writing a gritty show, but were utterly afraid of killing any Autobots. At least how one-sided things are in RID15 makes sense. The 'Cons in Prime losing so badly, while having every advantage they could ever want, was simply embarrassing.

Um, how does it sound any more silly than giant, living, shape changing, robotic aliens? Or big visible alien relics all over Earth that nobody ever noticed? Or a giant device that magically turns everything into metal? Or cloning ancient robot dragons? Or an alien robot wanting to attach smaller alien robots to himself, to become more powerful? Just about everything in these shows are silly and unrealistic.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  6. vproject

vproject Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream's powered up form reminded me of the Scramble Gundam. Has someone from RID been watching GBFT on the sly? scramble gundam box art (4).jpg

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    * The Weaponizers were cool, even though only Aerobolt and Tricerashot were the only notable ones.
    * Big surprise. Starscream is captured after a hi and bye, Optimus shows up for a little bit, and leaves insisting things are bad on Cybertron (and admits he hasn't even gotten back yet), with cryptic hints at what's to come. In other words, it's been pretty much Optimus' MO in all of Rescue Bots and RID.
    * Starscream was a genuine threat here. Never thought I'd see him fighting on the same level as Optimus. The fight was actually kind cool.
    * Also liked the big fight between the Autobots and Starscream's crew. Really wish those guys had stuck around and gotten development, especially that kickass Insecticon who they were very adamant against making any sort of vocalization. The crew was a good match for the team.
    * Nice to hear we might see old friends again, I did genuinely miss Starscream even though he was a complete joke by the end of Prime.

8. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    I feel like Megatron's and Prime's sizes have always been the thing that made them "worthy" for everything.

StarScream's defeat was fast. I wonder, if he wakes up and walks out to "conquer" something again.

9. Rjupudi18

Rjupudi18 Well-Known Member

I was hoping Starscream would be shocked to see Optimus Prime. I guess he knew Prime was back or for that matter never knew he died in the first place.

10. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    That would have been hilarious.

11. ThePendulum

ThePendulum Member

Starscream: Oh, it's you. How's it going Mark Twain ?
    Optimus: Hey !
    Starscream : Dead mechs stay dead. Which you are clearly not. What are you going to pull off now, Houdini ?

12. Shodi

Shodi Member

Starscream might have looted some valuable from the old Decepticonbase and Megatrons Vault's.. If the cybertroneans got a current currency in this time and age.. No idea... I'm sure Energon is always fairly valuable and a very basic resource that would be tradable.

Knowing Starscream and Decepticons in general, I owuld expect a doublecross rather than an actual payout upon completion of the contract. I wouldn't trust a decepticon unless I had serious leverage and even then they arn't known for always doing what's best for them. I wouldn't trust Starscream to pay up unless he would pay before delivery, which I doubt he would unless he's very desperate.

13. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I think unless Starscream is totally broke, he would pay the bounty hunters for their work simply because he really doesn't need more enemies and apparently he's so out of allies that he has to hire people to work for him. Starscream doesn't doblecross others just for the sake of Decepticon tradition, only when there's something bigger to gain.

It's weird that at the beginning of the episode they try to fuse with only 6 minicons and it ends up with everyone screaming, SS says it almost destroyed all of them, but later when Areobolt escapes, Starscream still has the surge like nothing happened. Shouldn't all the minicons break apart from the fusion or something? At first fusing without one minicon almost kills them all and later it's like whatever, strength diminished. Guess Starscream's catatonic state is the result of fighting while the fusion was incomplete, but apparently it has no effect on the minicons. Poor Screamer.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  14. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Moderator

News Credits:
    My first thought on seeing Screamer's upgarded body was also Gundum XD

15. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

I do see the similarities but I also got a bit reminded of this from Xenoblade Chronicles. Though I think it might be because of all the white.
    [​IMG]

16. The Dutch Cybertronian

The Dutch Cybertronian Derp

Google+:
    It's a good episode. That fight between Optimus and Starscream was good. It could've been better but it was good.
    I kinda freaked out (in a good way) at the end when Optimus mentioned ''old friends.''
    Was he referring to the other Autobots from TFP?

17. GBscientist

GBscientist New Member

I really hope so. It's high time that RiD included some more Autobots from Prime. It'd be an even bigger coup if some of the old friends were the Prime humans, because I'd like to see how the kids grew up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    This was what I was hoping for. I figured Starscream's mouth would have dropped when he saw him back similar to Ratchet's reaction in Decepticon Island. I thought maybe it was because his hench-bots were on Earth keeping track of the Mini-Cons and Bee's team both but that is disproved since Starscream is actually surprised to hear Bumblebee's name.

But the fight was good and I loved the mention of "Old Friends". I just wish we could have an episode dedicated to Prime and Ratchet meeting up with the rest of Team Prime and seeing their reactions to Prime's return as well. But this better lead to them appearing (and Megatron too) and not just a fan nod that goes nowhere in season 3.

19. Wild Eevee

Wild Eevee Well-Known Member

I guess Buzzstrike's wings are just for show in bot mode.

20. Shodi

Shodi Member

Starscream isn't dead, just comatose or something similar. Or maybe it was a psychological breakdown... Starscream has always seemed to be on the edge of breaking down mentaly. I'm sure he will be back if they continue down this timeline in whatever way. He will probably find some likeminded people to manipulate in the future, once he recovers.