RiD 2015: S2 EP19: WORTHY EPISODE DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by kittycatusername123, Oct 9, 2016.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

As much as I love seeing powerful villains, the fact that even with a fully powered Optimus, those nine Autobots could barely fight a Vehicon, some random 'Bot and a single Insecticon was kinda sad. Plus, I really feel they struggle with uneven numbers in their fight scenes. They really needed a fight choreographer for these last two episodes. Heck, I fee the whole show would really benefit from one. If they do have one, then they really should fire him/her and get someone better. It was still pretty cool to watch, especially when the fire broke out. It was cool seeing a flame thrower, and a rocket launcher in those mercenaries' arsenal. I do really hope we see figs of them, although I know we won't.

Starscream's powered up form was alright. Would've liked a more clear integration of the Minicons, but I guess they didn't want to make him so multicoloured. His battle with Powered up Optimus was pretty cool. It was kinda like a not shit version of the final battle with Steeljaw. While that fight had a terrible powered up Steeljaw model, and a low frame rate, this one had me actually impressed with the animation. The burning justice actually looked really good, and it was cool seeing a bit of an anime influence.

I'm glad to hear that the Cybertronian Council arc hasn't been dropped. It's too bad that we'll probably see the return of more TFP Autobots soon. Ratchet was the only one I liked. Still, this was an pretty good episode overall. I just hope season three can keep this up, though I doubt it will.

2. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we please get that cool as hell Ultimate Form Starscream as a toy? Like the same size as the Power Surge Optimus Prime figure?

3. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 FEMALE, TRANSFORMERS FAN

Now THAT was a great episode. I loved that Swipe and the minicons (Jetstorm, Slipstream and Fixit) now have this growing bond. I was somewhere between a laugh and an "awww", when they asked Drift if they could ride with Swipe rather than him.Swipe was all "I didn't tell them to ask you that", not wanting to aggravate Drift.
    I also liked how Swipe was willing to lay down his life for his friends. That shows alot of maturity and spark on his part.
    I also really liked Starscream's ultimate form. He did look rather angelic. I think it had to do with the wings and the soft glow from the energy of the minicons.

I REALLY would like to know where Optimus has been, and who he's working with. My guess is that it's the rest of Team Prime with the addition of Jazz.
    What I would really like to see is Sunstreaker show up, and Swipe's reaction. Seems to me that Swipe could have been kind of ignored by his family, and his "badboy" behavior was more for getting the attention he may not have been getting from his own family.
    I'd also like to see Bee reunited with Team Prime, and have his own team interact with them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just watched all three parts for the first time with my boy, ( I edited it all together as one movie before hand ) and I enjoyed it and he LOVED seeing a g1 looking starscream back on the television ! His eyes lit up and he yelled STARSCREAM !

5. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah I hope its the rest of team prime with the addition of Jazz too, Id also like to see Ironhide and Prowl from the game app show up too with him.

And my boy always ask me WHERE IS SUNSTREAKER, I think it would be a super fun episode to see Sunstreaker show up alongside Sideswipe

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Overall, this has been the best season of RiD so far. Continuity seemed to be on point (and I'll gladly eat two socks if Optimus' old friends aren't team prime and/or Megatron and/or Jazz and the other bots from the app) and the plot was amazingly well done. I was really afraid that the minicon weaponizers that can give someone a power surge would be like the Beast Wars of RiD, but this was amazing. The writers pulled it off all right. The wait was worth it!

I wonder what will happen with Starscream now. And also if they're gonna continue exploring the "situation on Cybertron" on next seasons, because that would be AWESOME. I'm 50/50 on whether I think the next seasons can only get better or if nothing will ever surpass this arc. idk, we'll have to see.

Animation was great, soundtrack was great, the battles were great. Everything on this episode screams a 10/10 score IMO. I'm really please with this one. c': also I'd buy like 10 toys of starscream Final Form(tm) because that was a really neat design.

7. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Obsessive Customizer

This was a really satisfying finale. Starscream's powered up armor was cool, though it could have used a touch more color. I'm happy they didn't just kill him off, and that it took every member of the team pitching in to help bring him down. I think putting him into a coma is the best way of writing him out of the series without showing death, though I do like the idea of him returning. The bounty hunters were pretty awesome in being able to hold their own against Team Bee, even if I feel they were underdeveloped. The Scavengers played their parts well, and I guess the hostilities between Thermidor and Clawtrap was built up well enough that Thermidor bringing about their defeat through trying to usurp Clawtrap was believable, but they were absolutely outshown by Starscream and his group.
    Sideswipe's apology to Slipstream, Jetstorm, and Fixit was handled well, and he really earned back his likability by taking a hit for them. The main Mini-Cons themselves shown here, proving themselves every bit as useful as their larger brethren. Bumblebee caught me off guard when he called the bounty hunters' bluff, but it does show a nice level of intelligence that he was able to anticipate Starscream's need for the Mini-Cons. Optimus Prime was great here, doing a lot of the work to bring Starscream down and combining with Aerobolt. I imagine that by "old friends", he could be referring to Jazz, Windblade, Toolbox and the other caretaker Mini-Cons of the Alchemor, and/or other members of Team Prime, but I am happy to wait and see where that arc leads. It is so good to see it hasn't been completely dropped.
    Story-wise, I felt the pacing was as good as it could have been, though I'll concede it might have been a little rushed. The action was good, with some especially nice twists and turns during the aerial battle.

On the TV event as a whole, I thought it was the best the series has been. The first season was hit and miss, with good episodes and bad episodes, and establishing a lot of the series' strengths and problems. The second season had a weak start but gradually evolved into an improvement over the first. This is the first time Robots in Disguise has been consistently good, in my opinion. I feel like the writing staff have finally found their footing, and I anticipate a fantastic third season.

8. Rjupudi18

Rjupudi18 Well-Known Member

What I don't understand with the fighting and all is why characters get stronger and weaker by a large margin. In TFP, one Autobot could literally take on tens and hundreds of Vehcions. In RID however, that one Vehcion is somehow so powerful. Makes me wonder is that even a Vehicon at all? And the final battle between Optimus and Starscream reminded me of the battle between Optimus and Megatron in S03E04 Rebellion.

9. soundwaverulls

They got stronger and weaker by a large margin within TFP. Look at season 1, where small groups of Vehicons occasionally held their own, somewhat, like in TMI, and Convoy. Heck, in Darkness Rising part 1, a pair of Vehicons went 2 on 2 with Bee and Arcee. As for the final battle, it didn't really remind me of the Rebellion battle. I recall that being pretty one sided, which wasn't the case here, with both OP and Scream being pretty evenly matched. Plus, Prime never did burning justice.

10. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    I have a strong feeling that Starscream might end up waking up and escaping that ship :lol  I hope he is tortured by Unicron when he is comatose or something. I feel like he got off too lightly for everything he has done. Hopefully on Cybertron they will put him in stasis for the rest of his life.

11. daniel 97

daniel 97 short-tempered scout and a loyal ninja-guardian

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Man Starscream was such a waste...

12. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

First of I wanted to say that, in the thread for Mighty Big Trouble, I did try to point out that we didn´t had any reason to asume Optimus was on Cybertron but no one seemd interested to think of other posibilitis. Also reading throug this thread, I find it hard to belive Optimus could have meant Megatron when he talked about friends.

I liked the part with Sideswipe and the Minicons, too. I hope this means he gets some lessons from Drift.

The fight with Starscreams trups was pretty cool but I would had preferd if they had eather managed to get away or got captured wile still out. It seemed ait strange that they could suddenly be defeaded so easyly.

You call Prime a masterpice and never heard anyone say otherwise? Someone made a positivity thread for Prime because of all the negativity it usualy got here.

I find the idea of Combiners new and exiting for Rid. I would love to see it work like in PriPara season 2, were everyone can temporarly form a team with anyone else based on how well they work together at times.

Also I do watch MLP, that does not mean I can´t watch other shows as well.

13. Thunderhoof

Thunderhoof Dr Wily

I'm so tired of seeing the Autobots always win, it's a boring storyline that they do.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nope, not until they resolve the council subplot.

anyways it was a decent enough finale.

Starscream ended up in that state....wow. I'm glad he's not dead, hopefully he'll come back for the finale whether to get revenge on Megatron or team up with Steeljaw.

They weren't specific if The Scavangers were arrested and put on the ship, were they counted as bounty hunters? Probably, but it'd be nice if they continued to be the antagonist for the rest of the season.

I wish the mini-cons stayed but that would have cost more VA's for them to stick around, hopefully they show up for the finale at least.

I'm interested to see what else will happen this season after this.

Decent end to this solid arc, could have been better but it really could have been worse.

15. Huzair23

Huzair23 Active Member

Instagram:
    So could someone tell me when Season 3 is actually coming out??

16. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    It'll be out sometime next year.

17. Rjupudi18

Rjupudi18 Well-Known Member

The reason was TFP was so loved is because the Autobots didn't always win. The balance of power would constantly shift between Autobot and Decepticon.

18. Huzair23

Huzair23 Active Member

Instagram:
    Yeah you're right TFP had a balance in what side would win at a time and who would lose

19. Huzair23

Huzair23 Active Member

Instagram:
    Transformers Prime:

Optimus Prime (Team Prime)- 100 battles won
    Megatron (Team Decepticons)- 100 battles won

That is a balance in power that was shown in TFP compared to RID

20. soundwaverulls

Really? When did they actually win, without having that victory undone in just a couple of episodes, or even the same episode? I guess they managed to steal some bones in season three. Maybe we'll see the 'Cons stealing some pointless bones during RID's third season.