RID (2001) vs. RID (2015)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Feb 12, 2018.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Autobots vs. Autobots

Omega Prime (Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus) vs. Ultra Bee (Bumblebee, Strongarm, Sideswipe, Grimlock, and Drift)

Even though Ultra Bee has more bots forming him and it's members are far more cooperative than Prime and Magnus, Omega Prime is a new personality making him easily more effective than five bots trying to work as one and he's way more powerfull.

Rail Racer (Railspike, Rapid Run, and Midnight Express) vs. Ultra Bee (Bumblebee, Strongarm, Sideswipe, Grimlock, and Drift)

Again RID1 Combiners have an added benefit that the combined mode has a singular personality of it's own rather than it's members controlling whatever body parts they turn into. Also this team is actually more of a cooperative unit than Bumblebee's ream.

Landfill (Wedge, Heavy Load, Hightower, and Grimlock ) vs. Ultra Bee (Bumblebee, Strongarm, Sideswipe, Grimlock, and Drift)

Same thing again. Despite having a number advantage against any RID1 Combiner Ultra Bee just isn't very good as an actual combined robot.

Hot Shot vs. Bumblebee

Technically this pairing would make more sense if this was UT Hot Shot but I couldn't resist putting Bumblebee up against a Hot Shot. I'm pretty sure Bumblebee would actually win cause he's more competent than most other Bumblebees and RID1 Hot Shot is pretty small compared to most other Autobots.

Prowl vs. Strongarm

I'm going to call this one a draw cause honestly they're so much alike I think they'd be more likely to make out than fight.

Side Burn vs. Sideswipe

Given Side Burn's obsession with red sports cars and the fact that Sideswipe IS a red sports car this would likely start the fight as Sideswipe would either be fighting him off or running away while Side Burn would be too distracted by the alt mode to even notice that they're suppose to be fighting.

Grimlock vs. Grimlock

I couldn't resist, same name, same color scheme, but one is a Dinobot and the other is a Construction vehicle. RID1 Grimlock is far more intelligent than other Grimlocks. RID2 Grimlock also seems smarter than most other Grimlocks but not smarter than his RID1 counterpart. Probably stronger as the Build Team aren't the best fighters.

Mirage vs. Drift

I basically picked Mirage and Drift because they both have shady pasts. Anyway one on one Drift wins. Mirage is a smaller Autobot and he's trained more as a spy not a fighter. However neither of characters usually work alone. If they're allowed to have help well Drift has his Mini-cons and Mirage has the other Spy Changers who can back him up and considering their numbers they could easily over power Drift and his Mini-cons.

Tow-Line vs. Fixit

Honestly I don't even remember Tow-Line in the series... Though Fitit being a glitched out Mini-con who kinda sucks at his job I guess Tow-Line wins.

Optimus Prime vs. Optimus Prime

I kinda feel like neither of these guys did much in their respective series but RID1 Prime has that battle armor and RID2 Prime was kind of weakened for the majority of the time he was around so I think RID1 would be much stronger.

Windblade vs. Fortress Maximus

This is kind of the most unfair match up EVER but Windblade is referred to as the City Speaker in some continuities so make her go against Fort Max. Though I don't think RID2 Windblade was ever said to have that ability so she's pretty much screwed. Though RID1 Fort Max doesn't really have any sort of consciousness of it's own, it just follows the orders of humans... and Scourge so might be harmless if no one is around to command him.

Tow-Line vs. Ratchet

OK Tow-Line might be better than Fixit, I'm giving him the benifit of the doubt there because I can't really remember him, but Ratchet easily wins this one as a far more memorable character and a pretty decent fighter for an old man who rarely ever goes into combat.

X-Brawn vs. Bulkhead

I think Bulkhead would probably win. They're both strong man characters but X-Brawn really only has that one massive arm (Come to think of it he should be called Strongarm) while the other arm is kinda weak do to his asymmetrical design. Bulkhead on the other hand is strong all the way around. Also Bulkhead is a military vehicle while X-Brawn is a Minivan so I'm pretty sure Bulkhead is made of stronger materials that won't crumple like paper if you run into a tree.

Skid-Z vs. Jazz

I don't really remember Skid-Z from the show either... mostly just put them together because both names end in Z. Jazz wins.

R.E.V. vs. Blurr

A Spy Changer vs. a Rescue Bot... Well even though I think I picked the fastest RID1 Autobot there is, I still don't think he'd be fast enough to beat Blurr. Considering they're both guys obsessed with speed I'm imagining they'd race rather than fight. Neither one of them is much of a fighter anyway... Though Blurr has a size advantage, R.E.V. probably has a little bit more combat training as a spy than a Rescue Bot.

Prowl vs. Dropforge

Dropforge is a Mini-con so Prowl wins.

If we included everyone and not just these select few it'd be 21 to 15 so RID1 has an obvious unfair advantage.

Predacons/Decepticons vs. Decepticons

Megatron vs. Megatronus Prime/The Fallen

Neither one of these guys do much of anything but Megatronus seems massively over powered and Megatron himself admitted that Decepticons are more powerful than Predacons.

Galvatron vs. Galvatronus (Cyclonus, Cyberwarp, Skyjack, Treadshock, and Riotgear)

Even though Galvatronus is a combiner and Galvatron is just one dude, he's kind of a weak combiner plus his right arm turned traitor and if limbs can do whatever they want the combiner status kind seems more like a hindrance than an advantage. Galvatron even though he still wears Predacon insignias claims to be a Decepticon in the series so he no longer has that weakness of being a Predacon and he does seem much stronger in this form despite it basically just being a new paint and four addititional alt modes.

Sky-Byte vs. Hammerstrike

If it's before Sky-Byte was frozen in space he'd easily win but after I'm not so sure. They're both a little crazy. I'm going to same Sky-Byte just cause I like the design better.

Sky-Byte vs. Ragebyte

Ragebyte I think was a little more competent than Hammerstrike so prior to deep space freeze I want to saw Sky-Byte just cause I like the design more. After deep space freeze Ragebyte would likely win.

Slapper vs. Springload

Slapper is an idiot and Springload is insane... Slapper, at least he has a proper robot mode so he can fight better.

Gas Skunk vs. Malodor

Malodor has a small army of Skunkticons to back him up so he wins.

Gas Skunk vs. Zorillor

Zorillor was a lone Skunkticon so I think Gas Skunk has a better chance at beating him.

Dark Scream vs. Starscream

I just thought it'd be funny to put the Screams together and there was never a flying squirrel Decepticon in RID2. Anyway, being that Starscream is much smarter, much stronger, and more popular this isn't even really a contest.

Scourge vs. Cyclonus

This pairing would make more sense if Scourge actually looked like his G1 name sake but still. I think they're be pretty evenly matched one on one. Cyclonus has an air advantage and more ranged weapons so maybe Cyclonus... though I don't really care about Cyclonus since he barely did anything and Scourge had more of a roll in his series, and is generally a great character.

Ruination (Mega-Octain, Ro-Tor, Armorhide, Rollbar, and Movor) vs. Menasor (Motormaster, Dragstrip, Wildbreak, Heatseaker, and Slaskmark)

Menasor has an added trick that Dragstrip and Wildbreak can combine into Dragbreak and Heatseaker and Slaskmark can combine int Heatmark. Also unlike most other RID2 Combiners Menasor actually seems to have his own personality though Motormaster appears to hate switching over to that combined personality. Ruination seem to work better as a team and as a combiner as there's not generally a lot of in fighting amongst them so even though Menasor might be one of the better RID2 combiners he still kind of unstable compared to RID1 Combiners.

If we included everyone here it'd be 11 to 51+ TFW doesn't even list them all on the main page mainly just recurring characters and major badies but the Sharkticons and Skunkticons I had to look them up on a different page. With the bad guy of the week format RID2 has a obvious numbers advantage to RID1's freakishly tiny cast of villains.

Cast comparison aside I actually enjoyed RID1 a lot more for a series I think is generally over looked by most fans as it's rarely ever talked about at all good or bad. Every other Transformers franchise gets talked about a lot either as a good thing or as something terrible but RID1 is rarely brought up in conversation. RID2 while there were some good episodes the series as a whole was really kinda boring and repetitive. There are certain episodes I'd recommend watching but most of the series you could skip over and not miss a damn thing.

It's also kind odd how rare the series is brought up due to how popular it's characters appear to be. Mainly Sky-Byte and Scourge seem to be really popular characters but beyond those two I rarely ever hear anyone talk about the show itself.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultrabee
    Rail Racer
    Landfill
    Hot Shit
    Prowl
    Sideswipe
    Grimlock2
    Mirage