RID 10th Ann. Idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I've had this idea for a while, and decided to make a thread for it. Since Beast Wars got a 10th Ann. line, I think/hope that RID should also get one. Here's what I think the line should consist of, if not even more:

Autobots:
    -Optimus Prime- reissue, maybe with added paint apps, and/or that shinier plastic.
    -Ultra Magnus- reissue, maybe with added paint apps, and/or that shinier plastic.
    -Prowl- new mold Deluxe class figure.
    -Side Burn- new mold Deluxe class figure.
    -X-brawn- new mold Deluxe class figure.

Predacons/Decepticons:
    -Megatron- reissue, maybe with added paint apps, and/or that shinier plastic.
    -Sky-Byte- reissue, maybe with added paint apps, and/or that shinier plastic.
    -Scourge- reissue, maybe with added paint apps, and/or that shinier plastic (though I'd settle for a version without the trailer).
    -Dark Scream- reissue, maybe with added paint apps, and/or that shinier plastic.
    -Gas Skunk- reissue, maybe with added paint apps, and/or that shinier plastic.
    -Slapper- reissue, maybe with added paint apps, and/or that shinier plastick.

Build-a-bot:
    -Fortress Maximus- Build-a-bot figure, where each of the above, or at least some of them, comes with a different part of him. Basically just like the BW Transmutate figure.

I'd say reissues for the Car Brothers, but we already know the molds are no longer usable. Also, reissues of pretty much any of the other figures would be nice, though assuming we do get a 10th Ann. line for RID, I don't see it being very big, and will more than likely just be a sub series of Universe at one point or the other. What do you guys/galls think?

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Then each of those figures would probably have to be packaged in an ultra sized box, not to mention how expensive they'd have to be.

3. shortround

shortround Banned

i like your idea

4. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

When is the RID 10th anniversary? The Prowl I think could be the sideswipe mold possibly. Similar alt modes.

5. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

If they reissue Prime and Magnus, they'd better give them plastic tires. I took mine out of the package, transformed and displayed them. After some time having never touched them, the tires were cracked and falling off. That may be my favorite Prime, but the cheap rubber tires are a big letdown.

6. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not a big fan of RID but love the idea! I'd buy Prime though :) 

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Really? BW10th was 9 figures, of which only three were new. Of those three, two were early releases of mainline figures and the other was a nontransformer. Furthermore it was kind of a slow period for TF as a franchise. Don't get me wrong, I like RiD (Actually, I liked Car Robots, which I saw first), and giving the line a figure or three as an homage is a nice idea, but it's a little overboard, don't you think? Especially with Build a Figure Fortress Maximus?

In addition, the size of some of the figures makes them a bit prohibitive as a commemorative series in that retailers don't really like larger figures; even back in the day they had hard time soliciting figures like Scourge to retailers let alone now with far more active TF lines going on and 25th Prime sitting around on shelves will make large anniversary figures an even harder sell. With retailers demanding movie and Animated toys, while 25th Prime isn't moving isn't going to convince them to order more large anniversary figures.

When I clicked on this thread, I was expecting something about who you'd think would go great into the Classics/Universe/25th line as the representative(s) for RiD, and I think that's a great idea, but believing that we'd get virtually a whole line of remolds and reissues is asking for a lot of disapointment.

Now, I don't mean to slam your idea by any means, it's just not likely to happen, and it is a lot of wishful thinking.

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    RID 10th Ani toys..... I dont think Hasbro will do it, As if they did I think the Sideburn,X-Brawn and Prowl would be tops on there list to release, but I think the molds exploded from being over used,

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    most of the figs you can still get only a few bucks over retail cost on ebay.

I dont see a 10th annaversary line of RID. Maybee a 20th though.

10. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want a new fire god convoy....

I think RID anniversary line needs Kelly tied in...

11. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats too much work for such a small line

all they really need

RiD prime in Defensor/hot spot colors, that'd be sweet

12. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, none of this exclusive convention prototype crap, just release it for the masses

14. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I say remold his normal head to be Hot Spot's and make his combined head Defensor's, add some new bots who can make the rest of his body and just release them as a gift set, the autobots NEED another combiner.

15. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Prime and Magnus have seen enough re-release I suppose. New moulds for Autobot Bros sound very interesting, but I can't see how it can be done. Making them less complicated maybe? But then they'll lose their charm (at least for me) :) 
    They should reissue Car Robot in Japan, though, as most of CR figures fetch premium over there.

Having said that, IF Hasbro actually do RiD 10th Anni., I will buy every figure. I love RiD guys.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The 10th anniversary of Car Robots will be 2010 (the original name thrown around for the line was "Transformers 2000"); RID would probably be the following year, I should think. So 2011.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    To give a long post a short and simple answer. While I want to see a 10th Ann. line for RID, I'm considering it, and even more so my idea for it, a pipe dream. Yet at the same time, I can dream about it. Not going to get my hopes up, but I can still dream about it happening.

Edit: In the end I'd be happy enough with some Spychanger reissues, and if they could/would do it, homages to the car brothers and reissues of the three pred brothers. Oh, and as for the Fort Max build-a-bot, I don't think that would be hard at all. He wouldn't have to be in-scale to anything, just as long as he looked kinda cool when put together.

18. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd buy some of that stuff, but what I really want is a new Sky-Byte mold.

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wishful thinking. Hasbro just used RiD as filler while they developed Armada. We don't even have this series on DVD in the US yet.

20. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    Maybe just a Prime and Magnus reissue .... I know their bigger bots but it hasn't stopped them from making shelf warmers before.