Rhode Island Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Super_Megatron, Jul 29, 2007.

1. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformers Collectors Group Meet and Greet 02/26/2017

Sunday Febuary 26th

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Merrymac Games and Comics at 550 Daniel Webster Highway Merrimac NH. 03054 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date is Sunday Febuary 26th from 3:00 pm until 6:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon Febuary 26th will be entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) Hello hello high and here we go again. We're happy to be back in New Hampshire again who's new to the group? (2) Titans Returnes is still the hottest thing going. Who still buying them and what do you want to see next? (3) The beast among us. well the 20 year annivesary of Beast wars has come and gone. Hasbro and Takara it would seem had totaly forgotten this fact and released hardly and Beast wars or Beast mode bots last year or did they? Rescue Bots, R.I.D. , Titans Returnes and Masterpiece all had diffrent forms of beast bots released or did you fail to notice this trend too! Keep an eye out for our other great events this year the dates are as listed here 2017 meet ups. June 25th and October 29th at this location "Untill all have one"

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformers Collectors Group Meet and Greet 03/26/2017

Sunday March 26th

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Comicazi @ 407 Highland Ave in Somerville Mass. 02144 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date is March 26th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon March 26th will entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) just like Burger King have it your way! Transformer Collectors like to change the factory looks of their robots from tint to time. Stickers, Gundam and paint markers as well as 3rd party add on kits to full on Custom jobs help keep the scene fresh. How or what method do you use to keep your bots looking fresh and updated. (2) The Titans return line is still alive and kicking. What do you want to see next? (3) The Convention season will be coming up soon who going where and why? Keep an eye out for our other great event this year the date is listed here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BEAM

BEAM New Guy on the Block

2x Broadside at Smithfield Target. Grabbed one for me and one for a fellow member.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did that Target have any of the new Deluxe guys - Kup, etc?

5. BEAM

BEAM New Guy on the Block

No. They only had wave 3 - Hot Rod, Twinferno, etc.

6. Dolf

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok thanks, right on par with the rest of the state haha.

It's the one Target I haven't had a chance to go in recently, so figured I'd ask

7. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformers Collectors Group Meet and Greet 05/28/2017

Sunday May 28th

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Comicazi @ 407 Highland Ave in Somerville Mass. 02144 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date is May 28th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon May 28th will entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) Transformers Roast "The Bad and the Ugly edition. Now please do not get us wrong we all love TRANSFORMERS but lets face it sometimes they get it all wrong. Who are the offending bots? who has one in their collection. what the worst bot you ever bought? (2) The New movie toys are incoming who getting them and why or why not! (3) 5 is the magic number. Pick 5 to bring. Your top 5 bots or your bottom 5 bots. 5 of the same with the same name or 5 that are bad ass in the same series or size class. Keep an eye out for our other great event this year the dates are listed here. 7/30/17, 9/24/17, 11/26/17

• Like Like x 1
  8. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformers Collectors Group Meet and Greet 06/25/2017

Sunday June 25th

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Merrymac Games and Comics at 550 Daniel Webster Highway Merrymac NH. 03054 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date is Sunday June 25th from 3:00 pm until 6:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon June 25th will be entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) Movie Madness! Ok so The Last Knight is out. Did you see it? How was it? Lets" Disgust " It or just Discuss it. (2) In honor of the movies pick one any one and their bots need to fill your lot. Transformers Movie and Tv Show Bots only. (3) " Do you know who I am" Not every bot started it's life in a retail shop. some of them were store exclusives, convention bots, or Special editions. Can we see the special bots that you got? Keep an eye out for our other great event this year the date is listed here 2017 meet ups. October 29th at this location "Until all have one

• Like Like x 1
  9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anybody see Black Shadow? I got a friend looking for one, but he wants it with nice paint. He saw one a month ago and the silver paint was all scratched and sloppy.

Also, I have seen remnants of the seaspray wave. Lots of leftover cosmos on pegs.

10. Dolf

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you or Mike happen to ever come across Seaspray, let me know haha

11. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wait, how do you know our names? We've met before in person? Remind me again who you are? I don't mean for these sentences to make me sound like an ass/douche, I just know a lot of local robot and Transformers collectors and I'm trying to figure out who's who here.:p 

Still haven't seen Seaspray btw, but recently I've been finding new figures broken in the sealed packages. Oh noes! I saw a voyager titans optimus with a broken head yesterday at target in Smithfield. The screwhole that holds the face to the titanmaster's back was stripped and cracked.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  12. Dolf

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Hahahah sorry about that, I don't know if I've ever actually met you in person, but my names Adam I'm friends with your brother (not sure if he has mentioned me before). He came with me to RI comic con last year with the extra ticket that I had.

Anyways, he mentioned this was your TFW handle, haha

13. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Adam, his childhood friend? Or are you an Adam from the collectiondx/robot Japan community? We've got too many robot fans with the same names! Just off the top of my head I know 3 different Josh's, 2 Erics, 2 Matts, 2 Dave's, and 4 Toms! It gets confusing unless last names are used in conversation.:confused: 

14. Dolf

News Credits:
    Ebay:

No worries! I am Adam the childhood friend, from church (st. As).

Hadn't seen him in a few years but ran into each other at RI comic con auction a few years back and rekindled friendship via TF!

15. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ah! Now I know which Adam I'm talking to! Hello! Hows the family?

As for Transformers, I have been buying less of Hasbro domestic and more of Takara or older Hasbro & Takara figures (see signature). Current high American store prices do not justify the domestic Hasbro toys when for the same price or even less, I can buy the Takara equivalent that features more paint, usually better colors, and extra features too or an older Hasbro/Takara figure that has more paint, plastic, articulation, and features for less money than their current offerings. It sucks when you go to a toy store today and 90% of the toys for sale are not as good as the stuff you bought 5-10 years ago.

16. Dolf

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now you know who I am when you see me post haha!

I totally agree on todays toys, prices are def. up there -- I tend to stick to G1 or G1 updates (i.e., the new TR Seaspray hah)

17. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, Seaspray's wave is out, but Seaspray has been picked from them. I think we saw 8 cosmos, so that's 2 cases of the wave we saw with all the seasprays gone. He's gonna be the Combiner Wars Shockwave of Titans return I tell ya.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  18. Dolf

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I knew he is out because I grabbed a Cosmos myself recently and saw people up in MA near Boston finding Seaspray.

That said, I have a feeling you are right, especially since I had to go look up Combiner Wars Shockwave since I had no idea one was even released!

Either way, keep an eye out for me -- I know I've mentioned it to your brother too and I know you guys do more searching than I get a chance to

19. Dolf

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I snagged a lone Seaspray at the Lincoln Target on Monday.

It was legit sitting there by itself on a peg, no other Titan Returns figures to be seen and a mess of movie toys.

Talk about being surprised when I came around the corner to the aisle haha

20. triKlops

triKlops New England Transformers Collectors Group member

Instagram:
    Flickr: