Minor/Repaint: RH Waspinator

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Death333, May 12, 2010.

1. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    Hasbro's lazy and cheap sometimes.

Fixed.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The arms aren't really supposed to be solid gold.

And the robot mode head antenea should be striped, as the moulded detail implies, and I don't recall Waspinator ever having light brown on him. I would've also painted the head crest more accurately. As well as the inside of the mouth the proper yellow.

Not to nitpick, but you proclaim you "fixed" the laziness, but you really ignored the sculpted details that were there. I would, personally, get some reference material and give it another once over. I'm sure you can get those details, since you have good painting skills.

3. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    No, I painted him to match the other robot heroes AKA not totally accurate. This guy came with almost no paint whatsoever.
    Waspinator (2008) - Predacon - www.tfu.info
    Waspinator doesn't have square arms either but that's what's there. I never claimed to be shooting for 100% accuracy. In fact, I made no claims at all other than I fixed him... to my liking. Thank you for the tips but I'm 100% satisfied with my work on this piece.

http://www.secondtruth.com/bwtf/char7.jpg
    and one more with the brown for the hell of it...

Attached Files:

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh, okay, but you really didn't give an indication of that, either. How was I supposed to know?

Plus, I thought, naturally since people are generally shooting for accuracy when they repaint stuff, that would've been your goal. I was merely offering constructive critism to help since you obviously have the skill, it just seems... odd to have a project intentionally half-finished. (WIP projects notwithstaning)

That he did, damn shame, too. Since most of the other BW RH's had decent enough paint jobs.

Hey, no need to be snippy. And FWIW, he was never that light-brown in the show.

BTW, you don't happen to know where I can find the Maximal version of that in that resolution, do you?