Non-TF: RGB PKE Meter for Mattycollector Egon

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Tom_Servo, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    I've been learning Google Sketchup for the lat few months, and this is the best result that I've had so far- a Real Ghostbusters-style PKE Meter for my Egon.
    [​IMG]
    I've always loved the toon-style PKE Meter, and now I can combine my favorite elements of two continuities! I'm planning on painting it movie style, with a mostly black casing and silver deatils. The antenna wings will still be red though.
    If you want your own, it is available to but in my Shapeways store HERE.
    Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

Dude that came out great,was it so clean of a print or was it your prep work?
    I'm gonna guess it was your prep work...

3. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That looks pretty good. I have dabbled in 3d modeling in the past with Blender so I know how frustrating it can be at times. Looks like you did a really solid job on this. How easy to work with is Sketchup?

4. Tom_Servo

Ebay:
    Thanks guys!
    The only prep I did in this was with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab, and some scraping snot off with a knife blade. The Black and White Detail materials come out really clean. I tried printing it in Black/White Strong and Flexable and it was way to low-res for this scale.
    SketchUp is pretty user friendly, so you can start making simple shapes right away. The more complicated stuff can take a while to get a handle on. So far I've been getting by looking up videos on YouTube and message boards, but I'm finally ready to invest in a book to learn all I can.
    The most frustrating thing can be uploading the models to Shapeways. SketchUp can now export files as .dae, but Shapways prefers .stl files, so I recommend getting Meshlab (also free) and using it to re-save them in .stl.

5. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking about trying some modeling for shapeways, just can't seem to find the time.

6. Tom_Servo

Ebay:
    Finding the time is a BIG problem. When I sit down in front of Sketchup, HOURS disappear.

7. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    sweet mang!!!!!

"two in the box,ready to go....we be fast and they be slow!!!!!":D