Customs: RFTK - Radicons for the kids

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by mattarmstrong, Apr 2, 2009.

1. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, if TC doesn't have it, maybe we need to hear from REDLINE or decepticon1976 themselves as to who still has to do what.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you reread my post, I didn't say you had the box. As I said, the finality of this project is in your hands right now. As for sending the individual projects back and so forth, that's the group's call. Whatever you guys decide to do is what you decide to do.

Yes, I certainly agree with you and the rest involved in this project about not being happy about how certain things have turned out. However, I'm still unsure about "shenanigans and owning up to faults" aside from what's been posted in this thread already. It sounds to me like instead of an attempt to publicly harass someone (which is against board rules), if any of you have an concerns about such, those need to be taken to pms, either with myself or other members of TFW2005.com staff.

You had posted earlier about concerns for the artwork (box art, etc.) created for this project as well. It seems to me like that was never fully worked out as well.

Also, I can certainly understand the frustration some have had over certain things, but this project is simply a recreation of Botcon characters from last year's set. It wasn't dependent upon (nor can it be) upon the time frame and release of a Botcon set. Last year's set is still being sold on the secondary market, and will continue to be for a long time, as with other Transformers toys. If the group here chooses to move on from this project, that's fine, but I don't see that this project should be contingent upon the release date of the set it was based off of necessarily.

Agreed. All artists involved need to post updates in this thread when they have them. That much has always been encouraged.

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The wrong part is not because I think you think I have the box silly. Its because you think I am the one in control here and the finality of the project resides in my hands at the moment. And I am not here to harass anyone, everyone here knows that Redline took way to long to do his part and is what the majority of the references are to and where the problems arose.

decepticon1976 still has the box and I hadn't been able to get a hold of him for some time. He is having his own issues that I will not get into but it boiled down to the fact that he would have been able to get everything done in an orderly fashion IF Redline did not take forever on his portion of the work. He is now going to be sending me the box within the next few days and I will have to do the finish work on it such as the varnish and stuff. I know he made excuses or whatever pertaining to his job(s) and what not but still, what was it? Like 6 months? lol

The art work was never resolved cause I really wasn't given any help or advice on it. I was guessing that they will be just digital files at this point.

As for the time frame on this project I think you are alone on that one. I was under the impression that all the customs were to be done by last years botcon so we could try and get Funpub to display them all and then sell them on ebay shortly after when all the hype of the exclusives was there. For you to think that just because the sets are still being sold on secondary market makes it ok for us to release a set and think that we would still raise as much as we could have is just silly.

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Perhaps I could have better chosen my words then. The intention with my post was to simply state that everything has physically wound up in your hands. I certainly wasn't attempting to assign any sort of blame to you, or anyone else (in fact, my posts in this thread have been much the opposite). If you feel that's the case, then I certainly apologize.

Everyone involved in this project is free to post what they'd like to see done from this point forward. Kickback's post #395 also states that TFW2005 administrators will give an update, etc. as well.

I couldn't find an update on the attempts to contact Pete@Botcon or Fun Publications either. However, I think we've seen how protective Fun Publications can be of their exclusive sets. As for the amount of money something could raise, I made no comment. My comment was merely to say that I think this set could still do well, despite anything from Botcon, etc.

As for who has done what, that is why I stated:

People have their own faults and their own roadblocks, etc. It's up to each artist involved to communicate with the group of any of those things coming up. I don't speak for anyone on this board except for myself, of course. What I can do is remain respectful to each member on this board, whether they participate or not, and be considerate of circumstances, etc. that are present in certain persons' lives that I may not fully understand.

Anyways, I think it would be best served if those involved discussed what they would like to see done with the remainder of this project. This thread needs no more comments with opinions on what has happened. If you have a suggestion on moving forward, post with consideration towards the artists and their work, if not, just move along.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  5. Deathbringer

Deathbringer Banned

So then who was Box?

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    From what I understand currently, decepticon1976 has the box.

decepticon1976, please post an update here. Thanks!

7. decepticon1976

decepticon1976 soon, very soon....

The box is in the mail, it is on it's way to Tonyz Customs. It should arrive this week.

8. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

So almost A full year later and.........

9. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fuck it. Tony, if you don't get the box anytime soon just sell mine and keep the fuckin money for your troubles. I'm through with this.

Most all of us involved in this project busted our asses to get our part done before botcon with soul intent to either show or display the set inorder to get the most publicity for the charity auction as possible.

Anyone who thinks that the lost time from all these delays doesnt affect the chance for this set to make a much larger donation is smoking crack.

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    If decepticon1976 sent the box to TonyzCustomz on March 21, either TC should have the box or be getting it very soon.

Also, for the 2-D illustrations contributed to this project, has anything else been done with them in the wait time? Please post an update when available.

Grimlocka go-go has sounded off on what he'd like done with his piece. If any of the artists feel the same way, by all means post.

While there have certainly been holdups, etc., please remember to be respectful when posting. This includes following all forum rules. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  11. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HAHA I love you Grimlocka go-go! ^_^

SQ7- I was under the assumption that we are just emailing those files to the winner. Unless someone wants to print and send em.

I did indeed get the box, it was really heavy and the box got beat up quite a bit. I am doing the finishing touches on the box right now such as sanding edges and any uneven spots, removing all of the pencil marks and indents that redline left, then I will glue the edge piece on the sliding cover, print the poster and get it laminated and glue it on the front.

Ima take 6 months.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    TC, if the artists involved would prefer that method, then that would be in their hands as well as whatever needed on your end to include them.

As far as the box goes, the update sounds good; it's much appreciated. It sounds like you've gotten a good handle on it after it's made it to you.

If your work takes you 6 months, that's understandable. You never know what might come up in your life. Whatever the case, just keep us posted. :) 

13. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

well i have been soured by all of this I wont lie the print artist and the bashers did all bust their butts to get this going and to you guys I appericiate your hard work for a good cause. I am dissapointed it couldnt all come together and I have to take the blame for it since it was my idea and i didnt coordinate it well. I still hope we can raise the money for charity since that was our goal all along. again I am sorry for not being a good project manager if this was the apprentice trump would fire me. You guys were all great jumping in on this I have nothing but the highest regards for all of you.

14. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aw Matt man, you shouldn't blame yourself. You did a good job, and this was an awsome idea. The bashes were cool as hell, specially thunderclash, and the set was a great project that unfortunately didn't get the approtriate respect it deserved. Don't feel bad man, at the least you inspired others to do similar auctions, that had better results :lol 

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The delay was unfortunate, but you should be happy that so many people (the artists especially) cared enough about this charity project. They want it to be a success just as much as you do.

16. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I think this is the most important thing you should take out of this whole mess.
    My hats off to you & all the guys that did their part. :thumb 

17. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

like they said matt, def. dont blame yourself, and this has inspired a lot of people to want auction customs for charity. it's my honor to have been a part of this.

18. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    any updates guys?

19. Protoform X

Protoform X Predicon Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Hate to sound dickish, but im truly disapointed in this. People worked hard on this for a good cause and what its been over a year. What happend.

20. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    unsure myself. though I think it's time we all got the figures/box/contributions back and did what we'd like with them. I would intend to auction mine to the charity still....