Customs: RFTK - Radicons for the kids

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by mattarmstrong, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    TC, I'm just curious as to whether or not decepticon1976 was pmed or not, as he was also involved in the creation/expense of the box, and what's been proposed to work those things out. While I know that there is some frustration to the delay on the box, I just hope that some of the involvement hasn't been for naught, and no one ends up upset over certain things.

There is good and bad in everything, and the lessons learned from the first RftK project can and will be used for future projects :) 

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, I finally have an update for this project. Though, it is certainly none too-soon. :(  I finally managed to get down to the PO late this week and the box was shipped out to Decepticon1976 via Priority mail, so he should get it in his hands early this next week! I'm not entirely certain, but if I'm not mistaken all he has to do to have it ready to get shipped out to TonyzCustoms' house is attach the trim pieces he already has ready to cover the nails on the back edges, and maybe a coat of varnish.

I'm quite sorry that it took me so long to get the blasted thing back out to him, and that it really ground this project down so much. I did warn that my involvement could have this kind of an affect, but even I didn't think it would've been this long in coming. :(  At least it is finally on its way!

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, let me know when this is going up and I'll promote it on my YT channel as well, just like I'm currently doing for the G1 ark set.

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    GREAT news, RL!!!

decepticon1976 and TonyzCustomz simply have to work out getting the project finished!

5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hope its here in time for me to take pictures and set everything in motion. If not i guess it will be a sort of bonus item in the auction and posted as an update to it.

Also just so everyone knows Mike(Frenzy_rumble) has agreed to host the auction pending I get all the information straightened out. Soo I need to get custom descriptions from all the customizers ASAP and will be contacting everyone shortly(feel free to contact me if i haven't contacted you though). I have all the pictures ready to go and I have the Tech spec card files. I do not have the resources to print these out myself and was wonder how to do so? i am sure they will be costly and was wonder should the cost to print be taken out of the auction(maybe out of the shipping cost?) or will these just be digital files to be sent to the winner and they can do with them what they will?

Also just so i am clear the poster type art that was made is going on the box correct? no need to worry about that right?

6. REDLINE

News Credits:
    As I understand it, that was the box cover, yes. The box is designed with grooves where the "lid" clearly slides in and out, it certainly appears as though this square sheet of thin wood was designed for the box art to fit on. :) 

What exactly do you mean by custom descriptions? Do you simply mean you want the artists who made each particular individual custom TF to submit their own decriptions of what they put into them?

I don't know about the little profile/tech cards- I don't remember what exactly was decided upon for those.

7. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So is this still happening? no news is bad news

8. REDLINE

News Credits:
    All you need to do is wait for Decepticon1976 to put the cover and varnish on the box. I believe he's a busy guy, plus it IS the holiday season.

9. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    EVERYONES busy, EVERYONE has stuff to do and obligations to take care of.

I just wanted a damn update because i've been watching ebay for the last two weeks to see if i missed this thing go up.

Waiting without asking questions is the reason this project is so far behind in the first place.

10. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    d-d-d-double pooost

11. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was under the impression the auction was going up with just the customs themselves, and reading back, it was suppose to be up on the 29th of last month. I guess Tony or Frenzy_Rumble are the best people to ask about what the delay is now, as they were taking the initiative to get the ball rolling again.

12. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So anyword on this, any news at all?

Please?

13. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was the plan (putting it up on the 29th), but when REDLINE finished the box, it was decided that since it was that close to have everything completed now, then it would wait. Now getting the varnish, etc. on the box is the only remaining hold up.

14. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Can we just get this damn thing done. It's ridiculous that we started this last summer and NOTHING is done yet. Really....this makes no sense.

15. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I think from what I recall, we're just waiting on some images/box art stuff. Tony has all the image files ready, and I can build the HTML for the auction in a few hours.

16. Grimlocka go-go

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks guys. well i'll just wait a lil bit more than

17. Protoform X

Protoform X Predicon Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

not to nit-pick but has there been any progress on this.

18. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I think most of us consider this project pretty much dead.
    It's a real shame it was wrecked by peoples shenanigans
    & not owing up to there own faults.

19. Superquad7

News Credits:
    REDLINE finished up his portion of the work and sent the box back to decepticon1976. The finality of this project resides with Tonyzcustomz. I'm not aware of anything else aside from that.

As far as "shenanigans and not owning up to faults", aside from what else that's posted in this thread, I'm unaware of what that refers to.

20. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Eeeeh! wrong. I still dont have the box. I am pretty much fed up with how this went down. To manys peoples faults and all this other shenanigans DID go down and there were people not owning up to faults. I am getting ready to contact everyone who did a custom and just send em back. I think its embarrassing that its almost time for the next Botcon and things are still being waited on.