RFB vs NRFB

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Cowhat Ninja, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Cowhat Ninja

Cowhat Ninja Enthusiast

RFB=Remove From Box
    NRFB=Never Remove(d) From Box

^ to clear up any confusion

So, as a collector, I'm always in this constant battle with myself about whether or not I should take my new toys out of their box or not. When I ask other people about what I should do, they always say "Well, are you planning on keeping the toy or do you plan to sell it one day?" And to be honest I'm simply not sure. I rarely, if ever, sell back my toys after I've bought them. But anyway...

I want to hear your personal feelings and logic behind all of this. Do you takle your transformers (or other toys) out of the box? Why or why not?

For an example, I recently got my hands on a concept camero Bumblebee, but seeing how popular this thing is makes me tempted to keep it in the box....on the other hand, it looks like a lot of fun to mess with. What do you guys think?

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Yeah... that makes sense... honest /sarcasm.

No really, Transformers are toys at the end of the day, which implies playing. Besides if youre careful you can put it back in the box once youre done.

Point is it's so much more rewarding to open. And it makes so much more sense.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Open everything, buy another if you want to keep it sealed. Or buy a repaint and keep that sealed. But TFs are too fun not to open.

4. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:

rare? i couldnt give them away at one point, i bought them and tried to sell them at price on here to help ppl and ended up taking them back to wal mart. open him and play, but i usually think myself they look better int he pkg after opening them heh

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Well I take my toys out of the box because I like Transformers and I like toys, simple as that. I think my BT Black Convoy standing right in front of me is a testament to that.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I finally got an 08 BB last week; he was open within 2 minutes of me getting through the door.
    Unless it's really rare, I have 2 of them, in C9.5+ condition, or I only bought it for completeness' sake (such as the Beast Machines Deployers & Beast Riders repaints), it gets opened.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I open all my stuff and I agree that TFs are too fun to keep MISB! :D  The only time I don't open my stuff is when I'm too tired after coming home.

8. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

It isn't the 80's anymore. Don't worry about investing. You can open em.

Only reason I'd keep one in the package is because the box art is sweet and it looks cooler that way.

9. Cowhat Ninja

Cowhat Ninja Enthusiast

Thank you everyone for your advise!

I work in a store that sells collectables...seeing stuff appreciate in the price guides has corrupted me a bit. After all, the fig is only worth as much as you can sell it for.

And I don't think I'm going to be selling any of my TFs any time soon...

And yeah, if I want one to keep in the box, I should buy a second one ^^

A while ago I bought one of the Toys-R-us Classics Soundwave...mostly because it came with Ravage. I've seen people sell the thing for $60 (originally $30) but in the price guides it goes for $30. Is it silly that I keep it in the box?

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Movie toys..massproduced lines usually aint worht to save for value beacuse so many others have them. It was other thinking back in the 80s were you ripped out and 84 G1 car to go otu and play in the sandbox.

point is, if it is not an exclusiv lets say you buy a E-hobby Sunstorm then I wouldent open it up.

but reguler massrelsed stuff..sure go ahed , unlee you are those that like the toys in the box.

11. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I collect MISP, mostly because I don't mess with my TF anymore, but If a really like a figure, I buy 2, one to open, and one to keep it MISP.

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Price guides suck. Outdated before they even hit the shelves/web. Best place is the completed listing section on ebay. See what they're really selling for.

As for the TRU Soundwave... If you're really concerned, sell it for going rate ($50-60) and buy yourself a minty G1 Ravage.