rewind back to 2007, lets just say your put charge of making Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Jul 31, 2011.

1. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

how would of you handled it?
    what storyline would you have picked?
    What characters would you have included?
    what would there alternate modes be?

2. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    1. I would have them be literally made of coat hangers.
    2. Fight for donuts.
    3. Kicker and Wheelie.
    4. Carnival rides.

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. I would have handled it with respect and would have made it accessible to new fans, while also having nods to old fans.
    2. The story would have been a story from the comics, like Infiltration.
    3. The characters from whatever classic story I was adapating.
    4. Um, vehicles?

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I would keep it the same, save Jazz 's death.

5. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Ultimate piggeyback ride ^

News Credits:
    Totes not in South Bay, CA. Go away, NSA.
    1. Worse than Bay but better than Shamalan
    2. Fight for the last piece of cake and prime getting prostate cancer
    3. The canoe bot from that episode of family guy
    4. A chair, a door, a closet, a pool, a table, a desk, a lamp, a bed, a toothbrush, a picture frame, a washing machine, a shirt, and toy cars and planes.

And all of them don't have any metal or electronics except for the lamp who has two wires that connect to a lightbulb. They're plastic.
    5. Place: a house with a cupped that gives stuff life if you put something in there, close it, use the majyk key, and open it.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Keep Prowl (cop car) and Wheeljack (more or less his DOTM portrayal)
    Fix the risque humor
    Trim the pre-arrival + backyard scene footage about 50%
    More time with Jazz's death, maybe keep the spark consumption idea
    Younger voice for Bumblebee

7. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    1. I would've taken out the Transformers and kept the Human characters.
    2. Last Stand of the Wreckers
    3. Ratchet, Rhinox, Tarantulas, Dirge, Bluestreak, Snarler, etc.
    4. In the beginning, came the beasts, and all that creeps, crawls and flies. But nature lies, they're robots in disguise!

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I'd say, "Holy shit - we only have 6 months to get this movie out!"

9. Militant

Militant Police

I would have fired all the human characters aside from Epps and Lennox, well maybe keep Megon Fox, but only if shes top down the whole movie without any lines.

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Also, cast Rosie from the get-go.

11. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

make Jazz death longer and painful for him and the team, Arcee in it, Ratchet killed by a surprise attack of Starscream, Bee and Barricade fighting at mission city (ending with barricade escaping), Scorponok back to help Blackout at mission city (ending with both of them retreating), Allspark activating some other stuff (small stuff), Optimus beating the hell out of Megatron before sam uses the cube
    and for humans, more Simmons and Mikaela interaction, a bit longer scene with Sam escaping cons, I would like more Frenzy, but I think he has enough screentime, anyways... more Frenzy vs Humans before he kills himself

12. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

1 megatron stays a badass
    2 starscream ^
    3 skids and skudblap are violently murdered by shockwave.
    4 shockwave has several lines, and a bad-ass battle seen.
    5 optimus keeps his soul.
    6 carlie, instead of mikaela for all three movies.
    7 wheeljaq doesn't look like a bald zombie.
    8 bumblebee isn't an unstoppable monster in battle.
    9 The fallen did stuff... LOTS OF STUFF!
    10 The third movie has an ending simaler to it's novelization.
    11 the female autobots actually look like females, instead of women who have had their lower bodies replaced with the front of scooters.

13. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    2007??? They movie started pre-production in 2005

14. Grey Line

Grey Line Autobot Signal Intel

how would of you handled it? I would have tried to stay true to the fans new and old
    what storyline would you have picked? The comics but keep the purity G1 brought without as much humor, crudeness of ROTF and some of the corniness of the G1 cartoon series
    What characters would you have included? I would have included these additional characters in addition to those already in the movies. Also alternate modes added in with additional characters.
    Autobots:
    Ultra Magnus - Flat Nosed Peterbilt
    Blaster - Hummer H3
    Prowl - Dodge Charger police package Took over as 2nd in command once Ironhide fell to Sentinel
    Bluestreak - Nissan 370Z
    Cliffjumper - Red Dodge Challenger SRT/8
    Wheeljack (Not Que!) - Stayed as the Mercedes in DOTM
    Inferno - KME Fire Truck
    Dinobots - Pretty obvious how they'd look

Decepticons:
    Thundercracker - F-35
    Skywarp - Su-27
    Constructicons - Devastator look closer to Bruticus in the head/face with the look of Devastator from G1
    Buzzsaw - Replica of Laserbeak and work in tandem
    Rumble & Frenzy - Have some form of cyborg's like that of the Terminators from the Terminator movies
    Stunticons - Various vehicles
    Blitzwing - F-18 & M-1 Abrams

Rosie would have been in all three as Carly. Sorry, no Megan!

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    1. Sam would be awesome. No Screaming oh no no no no. I mean Shia can be a great actor but i hate it when he always looks foolish on screen.

2. Rosie would have always been Carly. (She would have been only 18 in 2006 when filming)

3. Would have used a Better Megatron and Starscream designs.

4. Would have had Soundwave in the movie. But in his Role in ROTF.

5. Less Dorky Human moments.

6. Would have kept Arcee and kept her voice actress who would actually say lines in the movie.

7. Jazz would have been more Scatman Crothers like.

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    1. I think this question will be answered by the others.

2. Story would be similar to Beast Wars with a little G1 mixed in. Two ships warp into orbit around Earth locked in combat. They fire for a few minutes and we get to see some shots of the crew running around and working the controls. A few names are given at this time. Anyway they crash on Earth and go into stasis for a for a few million years. They wake up in present day and send out drones to scan for compatible forms which they take. The war then starts anew. Now the humans in this film would support them in some ways but not nearly so much as the Bay films. Most of their power will be directed at grounding the numerous flying Decepticons so the Autobots can finish them off.

3. Since I only knew Armada at the time I probably would have had Optimus Prime, Red Alert, and Hot shot against Megatron, Starscream, Demolisher, and Cyclonus.

If I were to know what I know now...Optimus, Jazz, Prowl(dies), Arcee, Bumblebee, Ratchet, and Jetfire vs. Megatron(Tank)(ends with the cons transporting him away in critical condition, fate ambiguous), Starscream, Soundwave(boombox), Scorponok(becomes own faction), Bliztwing(dies), Runabout and Runamuck(one dies), and three or four generic unnamed Seekers(really Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Sunstorm, two die).

4. Pretty much what you'd expect based on the characters unless stated by me.

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Copypasta'd from a post I made in another thread:

Aesthetic

Classics/Universe, with dashes of Alternators.

Cast (Cybertronian)

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Too many TFs will spoil the broth. There should be no more than seven Cybertronians on each side. The actors voicing the robots will also play their holo-avatars. Holo-avatar usage will be heavy to allow for maximum robot characterization while saving on CGI. In-story-wise, the Cybertronians make widespread use of holo-avatars to interact with the human cast and maintain cover.

Autobots

Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen) - The noble leader we all know and love, 'nuff said. Oshkosh Striker 3000 altmode.
    Bumblebee (Sean Murray) - Helpful, friendly, unassuming scout; a little timid and self-conscious sometimes, but possessing the courage of a lion when needed. 2009 Camero Concept altmode.
    Jazz (Will Smith) - Hip, cool, Earth-loving secret agent man. Master of operational improvisation. Porche 911 altmode.
    Ironhide (Jeff Bridges) - Gruff, grizzled old gunfighter. A formidable, battle-tested warrior, hampered only by his advanced years. Armored Multirole Carrier altmode (SWAT colors).
    Ratchet (Hugh Laurie) - Maverick medical/mechanical genius. Has a caring heart beneath that cantankerous exterior. Hummer H2 ambulance altmode.
    Omega Supreme - Transforms from the Autobots' ship/headquarters, the Ark.

Decepticons

Megatron (Clancy Brown) - The perfect amalgam of brute strength and military cunning. Suave and awe-inspiring; based on his TFA incarnation. M1 Abrams altmode.
    Starscream (Cillian Murphy) - Seductively charming, vain, cold-blooded and cruel. Insubordinate; seeks to overthrow his boss. F-22 Raptor altmode.
    Soundwave (Dave Mustaine) - Largely silent communications expert/hacker who normally lets his actions do the talking. E2 Hawkeye altmode, with detachable fuselage sections that transform into Laserbeak and Ravage, whom Soundwave directs by playing insane solos on an electric guitar-like controller.
    Blitzwing (Christoph Waltz, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jim Carrey) - Flawed product of an experiment to create a deadly new breed of Decepticon warrior. Based on his TFA incarnation. T-80 and MiG-31 altmodes.
    Lugnut (Kane) - Fanatically loyal walking arsenal. AC-130 Specter altmode.
    Trypticon - Transforms from the Decepticons' ship/headquarters, the Nemesis.

Cast (Human)

Spike Witwicky (Josh Hartnett) - A competent, practical 'grease monkey' of a young man with a macho streak and a disinclination to believe in the extraordinary. Runs the family salvage firm in the wake of his father's retirement. Childhood friend of Carly.

Carly (Olivia Munn) - A brainy beauty with a talent for computers and an interest in (nay, obsession for) conspiracy theories and unexplained phenomena. The latter is often the target of much friendly ribbing from her childhood friend, Spike.

Marissa Faireborn (Mariska Hargitay) - A tough, headstrong and independent colonel in the United States Special Operations Command. Bold and highly professional. The film's principal military presence.

Story

Spike Witwicky is approached by a band of enigmatic private military contractors with a rewarding offer to salvage a buried item out in the New Mexico desert. He accepts, although Carly, steeped in reports of giant transforming robots being intermittently sighted around the nation, is suspicious of his patrons (a viewpoint that Spike pooh-poohs). The salvage job commences, with the buried item turning out to be an immense, energy-emitting crystal. Spike eventually shares Carly's suspicions when her snooping reveals that the mercenaries are not all they seem.

Things come to a head when the mercenaries wise up to the couple's covert investigation and confront them, telling them that they have outlived their usefulness now that the salvage work is complete. Spike and Carly make a vain attempt to escape, but not before sabotaging some of the mercenaries' equipment. Their actions alert a second band of strangers to the mercenaries' presence. The newcomers rescue Spike and Carly and initiate a pitched battle with the mercenaries. Both sides reveal themselves to be the very transforming robots Carly has been obsessed with finding out about. The fight ends with the crystal split in two; each side withdraws with one half, Spike and Carly fleeing with their saviors.

The couple's rescuers introduce themselves as the Autobots, a faction of sentient robots from the war-torn planet Cybertron. Spike's employers are the Decepticons, their mortal enemies. In an attempt to stop the destructive Cybertronian civil war, the Autobots left Cybertron with the coveted source of limitless power known as the Allspark, intending to launch it beyond the Decepticons' reach. They were pursued, however, with the chase culminating in both sides crash-landing on Earth and the Allspark lost. Awakening after several hundred years of dormancy, the Autobots and Decepticons commenced a hunt for the Allspark, with the Decepticons pinpointing its location in a region saturated with minerals toxic to Cybertronians, which necessitated their deception of Spike into aiding them.

The Autobots explain that it is imperative that they retrieve the Allspark and leave Earth before the human homeworld becomes a second battleground. Shaken and guilt-stricken over unwittingly helping the enemy, Spike is determined to help the Autobots in any way he can. Carly shares her information on Cybertronian sightings and conspiracy theories with the Autobots. Among these are tales of two purported UFO retrievals by the U.S. military, which the Autobots ascertain to be their starship, the Ark, and the Decepticons' Nemesis, which both sides were separated from during the crash. As retrieving the Ark would greatly aid the Autobots' cause, Spike and Carly help the Autobots locate the secret facility where it is stored, only for all of them to be captured by Special Operations Forces under Colonel Marissa Faireborn.

The Decepticons launch an attack on a second facility where the Nemesis is impounded and use their Allspark fragment to repair it. The U.S. military is barely able to hold their own in engagements with the Decepticons; Colonel Faireborn, making no discrimination between Autobot and Decepticon, hopes that the Autobots' capture will give her information on the extraterrestrial invaders that may lead to victory. With some difficulty, Spike and Carly convince her of the Autobots' true nature, and she leads them to the Ark. The Nemesis, now fully operational, is suddenly detected closing in on the facility.

While the Autobots reactivate their ship using the power of the Allspark, Colonel Faireborn and her troops fight a valiant, losing battle to hold the Decepticons off and buy their Cybertronian allies time. The Ark is restored in the nick of time and the Autobots pilot it out to relieve the military. Both ships transform into enormous metal titans and engage in an epic battle. The fight culminates in Omega Supreme severely damaging and disabling Trypticon; the Decepticons are taken prisoner by the Autobot-human alliance and the Allspark fragments are reunited.

The Autobots leave Earth with their captives and their prize, but not before celebrating their triumph with their newfound friends and equipping the military with weaponry capable of fending off Decepticon threats plus a means of establishing Autobot contact if necessary. Colonel Faireborn is honored and promoted for her gallantry. Spike and Carly, their longtime friendship intensified by their incredible experiences, go serious and live happily ever after on the huge sums of hush money they receive from the U.S. government. All recent events are covered up as the filming of Michael Bay's most bombastic movie yet, which the public buys without a second thought.

18. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Do you know how hard it would be to develop all those characters plus the ones already in it? When you make a movie series like this you make a team of guys to develop. Don't just throw in robots to wank fans, because making a movie to service a fan base fails every time.

I'd have replaced Jazz with Gears in TF1 since who cares about Gears lol Kill him instead. Keep Ironhide as 2nd in cmnd for the whole trilogy. Have Jazz appear in ROTF with the 2nd wave of autobots.

19. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    I'd keep all the robots unique like Dino and Que. No G1 names like Megatron or Optimus Prime.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    How come your Movie Idea can be better than what we get. :thumb  also i bet this movie would be loved by critics, fans and the average movie-goer.

Also I'm not sure if the Michael Bay nod would work if his movie never came out. :p