Rewatching prime had no idea Dwayne Johnson does the VA for cliff jumper

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Mar 2, 2018.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s pretty cool.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    He was also considered to play Cade Yeager in AOE.

But yeah, TFP has some famous names on board: Ernie Hudson, Peter Mensah, George Takei, Gina Torres, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Riko is still Best Girl

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I guess that's kinda cool on paper; But given that Cliffjumper only shows up for less than 10 minutes and dies after that, I just don't see the point of using massive budget to hire some superstar to voice a character that just shows up to die immediately. The fact that Cliffjumper's pointless death causes Arcee to constantly whines and never shut up about it like a moron didn't help it.

I just don't understand why the creative team behind Prime insists on using their limited budget on useless "Gimmicks" (Like hire some superstar to voice a pointless character) instead of hiring better writers and producers that actually has a clue of what they're doing. That's just my two cents.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    His voice is exactly WHY Cliffjumper only lasted ten minutes. His appearances cost way more than a standard VA.

Which is also why Cliffjumper is voiced by an in-house regular during the flashback episode.

• Like Like x 8
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It's especially stupid when you realize Dwayne Johnson really isn't a good actor. His voice added nothing to the character and was a completely unremarkable performance.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Prime was all spectacle and no substance.

• Like Like x 3
  7. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Riko is still Best Girl

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    That's what makes the decision of the creative team behind the show to hire Dwayne Johnson even more questionable. Dwayne Johnson didn't really add anything interesting or new to the show in terms of his performance as Cliffjumper. As much as I'm indifferent towards Animated, I won't deny that David Kaye's performance as Optimus actually brings something interesting to the show.

With the way the budget of the show been used like this, I'm not surprised if the show ends abruptly with Beast Hunters due to running out of budget.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

The disgusting thing about Cliffjumper is how much of a bait-and-switch he was. Absolutely fabulous design, a novel character choice (since when has Cliffjumper starred in ANYTHING?), prime spot on the team in preliminary packaging, and had his own TV advert. Dwayne Johnson was just icing on the cake.

What happens? He's dead in five minutes and is the only on-screen Autobot Permadeath in the entire goddamn show.

This was accepted initially as a sign that the show really ramped up the tone and anybody could die at the drop of a hat. Except then the only people who died were either Decepticons or Autobots that were introduced already dead. And Arcee just kept whining and whining and whining about Cliffjumper to the point she actually was more of a hinderance to the Autobots than a help - she's the only reason Starscream didn't hand the keys over to the Bots because of her incessant whining over the fact he'd killed Cliffjumper.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Having Dwayne Johnson gave them the ability to market the show more then they would with a voice actor 99% of people don't care about. He also potentially could bring in Rock fans who wouldn't normally watch a Transformers show. Basically why animated movies cast known 'face' actors in roles instead of people who just do voice acting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

But didn't The Rock only voice Cliffjumper in the first episode? Pretty sure he's voiced by a sound-a-like in Arcee's flashback later on in the series.

Edit: Nevermind.

11. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

I thought it was pretty cool, and I hope he'll be able to voice another TF character.

Seems like this thread is becoming pointless banter. I'm pretty sure the OP was just trying to voice their opinion on Dwayne Johnson voicing a TF, I doubt they wanted another thread bashing Prime's story.