Revolutionaries #8

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Danny-Boy, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    This was a great finale. Everything came together from the first issue beautifully and Fico Ossio's art gets to do some amazing things.

I'm sad to see this book end. Revolutionaries has been one of the most fun series in the whole of the Hasbro Universe. It's John Barber at his Barberiest, giving us stories that I didn't expect to see in a million years and created some of my favorite characters.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really hope this cast isn't absent from the comic pages for too long, whether that's folded into GI Joe/MASK, the Optimus Prime on-going, or something else all together.

And hopefully they can bring Centurion/Mike Power along for the ride!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I think we're going to see him and the Revolutionaries in the two Transformers First Strike one shots.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zylly103

News Credits:
    I certainly hope so!

5. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'm kinda expecting him/them to a key part of the first strike finale.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zylly103

News Credits:
    That'd be fitting.

7. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    I doubt it. I think he'll just be part of the OP/Transformers tie-ins.

8. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    im still expecting Centurion to somehow be part of Bumblebee's Resurrection.

9. cashel

cashel Well-Known Member

i'm only as up to date as the phase 2 volume 5 hardcover (and little cheats like an issue here and there and THE CROSSOVER trades). any big spoilers anyone cares to share? i've pre-ordered volumes 6 and 7 but the wait is killing me. verity reappeared? timelines disrupted? beast war hints?

10. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Going to have to be a bit more specific.

11. cashel

cashel Well-Known Member

i don't understand.. i thought i was specific. currently, i own all phase one tf idw hardcovers and the first five volumes collecting phase two with vol.6-7 pre-ordered. i'm curious concerning what i have missed and gave a few unknown to my person examples off the top of my head.

12. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    So you've still got a ways to go till your caught up, and what's everything you've read regarding the Hasbro-verse? Since it seems you've read a few things here and there.

As for the hardcovers, Volume 6 is the Dark Cybertron crossover event(this was before the Hasbroverse) and the Windblade miniseries, and 7 is the 7 issues each from MTMTE and RiD following said event.

13. cashel

cashel Well-Known Member

i got "revolutionaries 1-4 today. i really enjoyed them. if we're expanding on the "real gem of the hasbro universe" (i.e. transformers) this is a great way to do it-mix 'em up. it didn't hurt that kup was spotlighted (even if he talked like he did in the sunbow cartoon) as he is one of my favorite cybertronians. i continue to hope that all these transformer universe titles are included in the idw collection of hardcovers as i see joe, mask, rom, etc as co-stars in a tf continuity.

14. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was a fun series that I wish this was ongoing.

15. cashel

cashel Well-Known Member

i have to do a follow-up concerning revolutionaries. today in the mail, i received the first four issues of chaykin's "THE DIVIDED STATES OF HYSTERIA" definite adult material but i actually enjoyed my trades of revolutionaries and optimus prime more. yes, i stated i would only collect idw's tf mythology in their idw collection hardcover mythology but i couldn't wait. i was... a tad worried when it was announced the tf titles were going to usher in a shared universe with characters (other than rom) didn't seem to fit in the idw mythos. revolution was enjoyable but very crowded and, while better, it reminded me of the big 2's every other month crossover event. and i was worried that my venue of collecting transformrs would not include complete arcs of their new supporting characters. well, i hate audrey what'shisname's g.i. joe revamp... like a lot but thundercracker is in it and i consider joe's plots to be subplots in the idw collection hardcovers. but in revolutionaries and first strike, i enjoy all the characters and am loving the embrace of all eras of joe and finding out FOR SURE that flint is marrissa's dad. lady jaye-the mom? mask and action man are even interesting me. rom, i feel, fits well into the tf multiverse (i just wish idw could get ssal buchema (sp) and inkers akin and garvey to draw an arc) and, slowly, i'm growing to like the micros except the dude taking rann's place and i would like someone that LOOKS a lot lie bug but can't be owned by marvel-who, once again, does nothing with these characters anyway. but, yeah, i love idw's collection hardcovers of transformers and co-stars in the shared universe. it takes the best of the sunbow and japanese cartoons and the uk comic AND the underrated generation 2 12 issue maxi-series. does anyone know how many different transformer characters there are?