Revolution

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MV95, Sep 25, 2012.

1. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I think when they showed the preview for next week's episode,they said that there were only three episodes left this year.

2. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

Theory time

What if Randall is the shadow leader of the Monroe Republic

We know Miles and Bass created the Monroe Republic to be like the U.S.A. but then Randall came, joined the Monroe Republic, manipulated Bass, and took control while Bass became the figure head and turning the Monroe Republic into a dictatorship, causing Miles quit and go into hiding

3. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

Crazy episode last night

Monroe has a pendant

4. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Here I was thinking that Randall and Monroe were working together.

I'm curious as to what that machine was at the end of the episode with Randall and Grace.

5. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I thought the episode was pretty average until the big plot twist near the end of the episode. My favorite parts of the episode were the ones with Neville and how he could be beginning to go against Monroe. It was also nice to see some machine guns in use.

6. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Holy. Crap. Take the best episode of the series, multiply the awesomeness by 20, and you still won't reach the awesomeness of that episode.

7. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

Cool someone made a thread for this show. One word describes it best...A W E S O M E ! ! !

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I started watching this but quickly decided it was crap and gave up. It's too cheesy and poorly thought out, dumb sword fight scenes and just all-around boring while the plot moves as slow as molasses. My wife still watches it, and we both groaned at the end of last week when they said "next week features the music of Led Zepplin!" Seriously? You know when they have to make petty stuff like that a selling point the show sucks.

It's a shame, because the premise was cool. It could have been great.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  9. MV95

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Actually, it's the most watched new show in America, so it seems like a lot of people enjoy it.

10. Rusty24

That was a great episode last night and it developed all the characters fairly well. The "twist" at the end was somewhat expected, at least to me anyway, but it did not affect my enjoyment of the episode. I loved the use of Led Zeppelin songs since I'm a fan. Yesterday was a good day for music in general mainly due to that and the fact that AC/DC is finally on iTunes.

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Who said that, the show? Maybe the first episode or two was, until people found out it was a turd.

EDIT: And after looking up the current rankings that is exactly what's happening. They lose viewers every week and it's below the numbers they need to keep it on the air.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  12. MV95

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Eh, whatever. I don't want to get into an argument about it. I personally really like the show.

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Had been a couple of episodes behind, finally caught up...

As for the series, in general, if you IGNORE the science, or lack thereof...it's a dramatic series of seek and find, kill or be killed, etc. Are the actors and characters riveting? No, but they're doing a decent job with what they've been given. Some of the backstories have been nice to see, but the journey for the kid Danny, is getting a little old.

I'm actually getting a little bored with the series...and frankly the whole 'only the pendants can restore electricity' is ridiculous. That's why I said if you ignore the science, everyone knows we had inventors who created electricity in the 1800's so logically there's no reason why it can't be brought back and everything turned back on. Unless they want to believe that everyone alive in the time of 'the event' were idiots, or brain washed, then the whole premise falls apart. So as viewers we're supposed to believe that in 15 years not one person or group could rebuild the turbines that generated electricity? Ha.
    Not saying that all the cell/wireless capabilty couldn't have been terminated--maybe aliens took out all the satellites, but electricity? Just don't buy that.

The only thing one is left with...the "pendants" are alien in nature and only a few have the 'ability' to use them--maybe they're aliens planted here. So which alien race took out planet Earth? :lol 

14. Rusty24

I just saw the midseason finale and I think it was the best episode yet. We finally got to see some more character development for Monroe. The fight between Miles and Monroe was brief, but well-done. The cliffhanger was great and I can't wait until it returns in March.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

It was a pretty good episode.I'm glad to see that
    Strausser got killed.That guy was a major a-hole.

At the end I was just waiting for a guest appearance by Arnold Schwarzenegger saying "Get to de chopper!"

16. MV95

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm guessing you didn't see the episode when they explained how the power went out?

By the way, that was an awesome finale. I was a little mad that Miles didn't kill Monroe because of his stupid little speech though.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:

Of course I did, I've watched from the pilot forward, but even NBC still calls it 'mysterious'. There hasn't been an explanation...yet.

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/about

It was a good way to end the winter season....and yep, they've ordered more episodes according to TV Guide, Revolution has been picked up for another full season.

18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I just saw a trailer for this show and my first thought was Visionaries without the magic...

19. Rusty24

I urge people to not watch the trailer for the next batch of episodes because I thought it gave way too much away for the next episode.

20. MV95

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They spent a whole episode explaining that they accidently found a way to shut down electricity through some type of machine, so it's definitely not aliens. lol